Start by marking “The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook : Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy” as Want to Read:
The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook : Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy

The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook : Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy

3.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
With over 200 pages of quinoa-inspired cuisine, The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook is unlike any other quinoa cookbook. Inside you’ll find Wendy’s exclusive, hand-crafted recipes, photographs of every recipe, nutritional information for every recipe, and alternative ingredients and preparation methods. Included are vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, fast & easy, eating cl ...more
Published April 2012 by Skyhorse (first published March 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook

Jen
Apr 10, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
So basically, you can put quinoa in, like, whatever. Or you can just put stuff in quinoa instead. Okay.
Tara
Jun 23, 2014 Tara rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking
Based on the title and description I though this would be a book packed full of clean, healthy recipes. I was dismayed to find out I had been mislead. Many of the recipes call for pre-made ingredients as well as a heavy reliance on dairy. I had higher hopes for this cookbook.
Lisa
Mar 03, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
this one was 10x better than this other one that i went through. i actually went and put this in my amazon cart. there were many things that i would make. i love the taste of quinoa and to see so many different ways to use it and make it taste good YUM!!!
Loraine
Jun 19, 2012 Loraine rated it it was ok
The title snookered me in. I love quinoa & have a number of most excellent recipes, several of them from one of the Moosewood cookbooks. However, they layout was too busy, the glossy finish more appropriate for a coffee table edition, the binding too tight . . . and the recipes were a disappointment. Why? Too many packaged ingredients in some of the recipes. Now wouldn't you think a Polenta Lasagna recipe would start with telling you how to make quinoa polenta, rather than calling for "2 18 ...more
Maggie
May 02, 2012 Maggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Only a few pages of nutritional information and the different types of quinoa.

I've tried one recipe, which was delicious, and plan to try more. This is not a vegetarian/vegan cookbook, but most of the recipes can be tweaked.

I found the layout of the pages a little confusing and busy.

I would recommend to anyone interested in cooking with quinoa.
Mckinley
May 07, 2015 Mckinley rated it did not like it
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
While there are lots of pictures, they didn't look very appetizing. Lots of adding cooked quinoa to green salads. Lots of premade ingredients always make me less interested in the recipe and cookbook overall. The editing is very messed up which makes me wonder about the overall quality...
Take away: try using guinoa flour.
Linda
Feb 06, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Interesting!
Tanya
Dec 19, 2014 Tanya rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks, 2013-books
The recipes look good, but sometimes an ingredient is listed, but then not used. I think I will try some of the recipes from www.cookingquinoa.net before investing in this book. The salads look good and all the different dressings; was also intrigued by a couple of the breakfast items.
Michelle
Nov 30, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Liked this. There was even nutritional data, but somewhat uneven (for some reasons, some recipes had protein content in the nutritional info and some didn't.) Will definitely be trying a few recipes from here.
Love & Flour
Jul 22, 2012 Love & Flour rated it liked it
This cookbook is full of original ideas, but a lot of the recipes are simple variations on other recipes found in the book. The photography leaves a lot to be desired.
Susan Banner
Jun 24, 2012 Susan Banner rated it really liked it

Looking forward to trying many of these recipes. Will probably have to purchase a copy!
Dec 28, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking, 2013
I enjoyed the one recipe that I did make (quinoa with kale pecan pesto). It was delish!
Choopie
Jul 10, 2012 Choopie rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to try these recipes when I have my new kitchen.
Sri
Aug 06, 2012 Sri rated it really liked it
Quinoa, how do I love thee
let me count the ways
Debra Hostetler
Debra Hostetler is currently reading it
May 30, 2016
Liz Winn
Liz Winn rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Jennifer Perry
Jennifer Perry marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
karen
karen marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Kira
Kira added it
May 01, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
April Rhodes
April Rhodes rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Kathleen Meuter
Kathleen Meuter rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Khai
Khai marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Jan 26, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016