Start by marking “Akademie der Verdammten (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #2)” as Want to Read:
Akademie der Verdammten (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #2)

Akademie der Verdammten (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #2)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  2,381 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Brakiss, ein abtrünniger Schüler Luke Skywalkers, entwickelt sich zu einer großen Bedrohung für die Neue Republik: Der Dunkle Jedi gründet eine Gegenakademie und lehrt seine Schüler, die dunkle Seite der Macht auszuüben. Um seine ehrgeizigen Ziele schneller zu erreichen, will Brakiss die Zwillinge Jacen und Jaina entführen und auf seine Seite ziehen...
Taschenbuch, 185 pages
Published October 1998 by Blanvalet (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Akademie der Verdammten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Akademie der Verdammten

Jamie
This was the very first Star Wars book I ever read. Although the writing isn't perfect I loved the characters and story. Jaina, Jacen and their friends are fantastic characters and Kevin J Anderson and his wife did a great job bringing them to life in this series.

Although this was the second book or the series, it was easy to pick up and read as a stand-alone. However, the entire series is definitely worth reading. One thing I wish had more focus in the first several novels was the Shadow Acade
Sarah Graham
On Yavin 4, master Jedi Luke Skywalker has started a school to train young Jedi who are beginning to understand the light side of the force. However, in another part of the galaxy the same is being done for those youth collected by the remains of the Empire. The Shadow academy, ran by dark Jedi Brakiss, is a secret to all but he needs more youth if he and the Imperium that he serves ever hope to conquer the galaxy. To do this he turns to Yavin 4 and those youth who already have started their Jed ...more
Ron
A decent effort within the constraints of fan fiction and young readers, however the cover art--dominated by a Goth-looking Darksister seems inappropriate for the genre. (Looks like KISS's Gene Simmons in drag. Come to think of it Gene Simmons looks . . . well, never mind.)
Jessica
I'm totally in love with the Young Jedi Knights books. They're so silly, but they were a big part of my childhood, from about age 10-13. I wanted to be Jaina Solo so badly. XD
Dominick Owens
It was a bit different than the other Star Wars books. This was rated high in my opinion. It is a great story of love and the force. If it was a movie it would have had a sold-out premiere of itself! This book uses words I have never heard of before. This took me a great deal of time because of its grand vocabulary. Though not an Easy book for me, I liked it, and would recommend it for all ages who can read above fifth grade. The author describes the battles, sword sounds and external as well as ...more
Bobby Parker
Nearly 20 years after the fall of the Empire, Han Solo and Leia have had twins (Jaina and Jacen) who are now 14. Their twins are training to become Jedi with their uncle Luke Skywalker. On a field trip with Han's friend, Lando, the twins are kidnapped by people who show powers in the dark side. It's up to Luke and another of his studentsto find them before the twins are brought to the power of the darkside on the new dark jedi training academy known as the Shadow Academy.

I think I gave this 3 st
Jacob Thornburg
Like I said about Hard Merchandise, I don't know if I actually like these books, or if they're just not as bad as the Bounty Hunter War trilogy.
The spirit is closer to the original trilogy of movies than the prequel movies. They are fun, and have a lot less talking about parliamentary procedure.
Crystal
found this one slightly slower than the first but still a great book. nice easy book for those who want a quick read
Odette
Better than the previous book, the twins an Lowie get into a pretty serious situation. Meanwhile, Tenel Ka gets to hang out with Luke and be as awesome as she always is. There was less parroting of quotations from the original trilogy, which was great, too. More reaction from the twins to their indoctrination (we got to see some of this from Lowie) would have been nice, though I recall being horrified by it all when I was younger, so perhaps it was done to the right amount.
Wealhtheow
The witches of Dathomir, introduced in The Courtship of Princess Leia, are back. And they've started an evil "Shadow Academy" to train Jedi for a resurrected Emperor! And they want Jaina and Jacen to join! Hahhaha, wut? Still, lots of fun, not least because there's a good bit of Luke and some more characterization for Tenel Ka.
Shaun
I can definitely tell that these books were meant for teens, but I still really enjoy reading the novels and about the characters. This is an interesting introduction to the Nightsisters and Tenel Ka's life outside of the Academy. I really enjoyed the maturity and antics that the twins and Lowie displayed at the Shadow Academy. Luke was pretty funny as he kept his power in check in front of the Nightsisters. Overall am enjoyable read.
Ley
This is the second book in a fourteen book series. It definatly is better then the first book in this series. (Don't get me wrong, the first book is great too.) I love this series because it really gets you familiar with important, key characters in The New Jedi Order.

In this book, the Solo kids are kidnapped and taken to Shadow Academy to be trained as Dark Jedi. But the Solo kids aren't broken so easily.
Ari
I read this whole series several times when I was a kid. These were a lot of fun and easy to read. They really helped me along my way to enjoy reading and becoming obessed with Star Wars. We meet alot of charaters that became close frinds to the reader. I feel Anderson was able to identify what i young adult would be lookig for in characters and hit it bullseye. Kudos for a great series.
Kerri Simpson
Ive read most of these a few times. Id say theyre pretty damn good fanfiction and I love the EU. Im pretty picky about my fanfiction. I still love them. Theyre really good even for being made for a younger audience.
Meadow
Jacen and Jaina are on a field trip with Luke, but suddenly kidnapped by a new enemy of the alliance, forced to train in the Shadow Academy.
Luke must find a way to save them, before they turn...or die.
Fabio Puzzacacca
Come con il primo della serie, mal scritto ma accettabile per la fantasia ( quel che ho appena detto è una scemenza assurda...si vede che sono di parte?)
Stephen
Second Young Jedi Knights book. Jacen, Jaina, Lowie, and Tenel Ka grow stronger in the force as they begin to deal with new Dark Jedi.
Amanda Hunsaker
Book 2 in the Young Jedi Knights series. fun and easy read. I have loved these books since I was a kid!
The Artist Librarian (Jen)
May 18, 2011 The Artist Librarian (Jen) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans (Upper Elementary to Adult)
Shelves: star-wars, my-books
Four stars for more of Tenel Ka Chume Ta' Djo's back-story revealed. ;-)
The Third Place A Teen Library
F AND yjk bk. 2

Based on Star Wars

Science Fiction
Amanda
This one was very exciting. Good read.
Whaley Webster
Jekka Jones
My favorite of all the ones I read.
Esperance
They get better and better.
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • The Shattered Peace (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #10)
  • Queen of the Empire (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #5)
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Showdown at Centerpoint (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #3)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...

Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Heirs of the Force (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #1)
  • The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Lightsabers (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Jedi Under Siege (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Shards of Alderaan (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #7)
  • Diversity Alliance (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #8)
  • Delusions of Grandeur (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #9)
  • Jedi Bounty (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #10)
  • The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #11)
Jedi Search (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #1) Dark Apprentice (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #2) Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #3) Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5) Darksaber (Star Wars)