Start by marking “Molly: House on Fire” as Want to Read:
Molly: House on Fire

Molly: House on Fire

Molly Kincaid is an extremely successful and equally wealthy defense attorney, but that is all even her closest friends know about her. Behind the facade is a dark past she thought she buried long ago. Now, Molly must face that past and the danger that comes with it. Murders and mayhem, a Civil War gold legend, and a secret Molly has carried for twenty-nine years threaten ...more
Published April 4th 2012 by R. E. Bradshaw Books

To ask other readers questions about Molly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly

Agirlcandream
Dec 06, 2015 Agirlcandream rated it it was amazing
How great is this book? It should be studied by writers hoping to understand what makes a compelling read. Dialogue, plot, pacing, suspense and characters you care about. This book has them all.

R.E. Bradshaw sets the bar for thrillers, lesbian or mainstream. Excellent read.

Jem
After severing with her past at age 18, Molly Kincaid has never looked back. With the help of her foster parents, she has carved success after success leading to her own very lucrative private law practice. But on her 39th birthday, the past came calling again--in the form of a dying man's last whisper.

Molly House on Fire is an excellent and well-balanced mix of drama, romance, mystery and thriller. If the author's very popular Rainey Bell series is a little light on the romance, this one isn't.
YC
Aug 15, 2015 YC rated it really liked it
Woah, I love how the mystery, thrill and romance all blend into one seamlessly. The only thing that has me cringing all the time is that all the main characters are so perfect and beautiful, like Hollywood beautiful, Hollywood perfect. Overly perfect. There's no sense of realism there. I like Before It Stains because that feels more real. Lol! Nonetheless, it was a good read and now I want to read about Rainey and Katie.
Kathryn
Jul 19, 2016 Kathryn rated it liked it
Recommended to Kathryn by: Listopia: Best F/F Romance Books
This is not a romance. It is an action/mystery book. The story itself is good if a bit too long for me. I lost interest in it and had to force myself to finish. Also, the comment: "I tell you, Molly. We have to get better control of our women." disgusted me and made this a butch book which I don't like. The only brief love scene was a couple kisses and an orgasm which also reminded me of being with men. It felt very awkward. I wonder if R.E. Bradshaw is not comfortable writing love scenes.
D. Leigh
Apr 16, 2012 D. Leigh rated it really liked it
I'm sure that some of the North Carolina details peppered throughout the book will be lost on the majority of her readers, but RE Bradshaw sure nails this one when it comes to plot and characters. I never saw it the answer to the who-dun-it coming. Better than that (to me anyway because I'm a romance writer), Bradshaw writes characters you can fall in love with. Well worth the read.
Terry Baker
Apr 12, 2012 Terry Baker rated it it was amazing
Top notch, hot shot, lawyer, Molly Kincaid, is enjoying her comfortable privileged life until she receives a string of calls and emails. All stemming from her childhood home county. Unknown to Molly, these calls and emails are about to change her well ordered life forever.

Molly is going back to her roots. Back to a life she had long left behind in Dobbs county. A life she thought she would never have to re-visit again.

Unfortunately, Molly has no choice. She has to go back and face her past. She
Sabrina
Sep 30, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt
Once again proving that love shows up when you least expect it. Good love story mixed with just a enough suspense and mystery.
Verechnaya
Jun 27, 2016 Verechnaya rated it really liked it
Review written & published on Criticalwrit.com

There's something to be said about the expression “Don’t judge a book by its cover” and the self-published Molly: House on Fire, by R.E. Bradshaw, is one of those books that require us to go beyond the cover to get a measure of how good they are. And frankly, with the somewhat uninspired title and a cover that pains the eyes, I didn’t go into the book with good expectations. It turned out, however, to be a solid mystery novel.

Molly Kincaid is a
Ruth
Jun 28, 2012 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Letting go of the past

At last Molly get’s a book to herself. Instead of Molly having a walk on role to sue the pants off the miscreants this time Molly is centre stage as the past catches up with her.

Free of her love for Stephanie (read “Before it Stains”), Molly finds true love where she least expects it, back in the town where she was born. There ghosts from her past gather to prevent her finding out what really happened to her mum and Molly puts her life on the line to protect the one’s she l
Mary Deutcher
Apr 08, 2012 Mary Deutcher rated it it was amazing
This was a book I could not put down. I have read all her books and Molly has appeared in them and now to know her story is great. The great thing about it is, the characters from the other books appeared in this one. It make me think that I really know them. I was able to really get into the book. I felt as though I was there. Amazing. It had everything from fear, suspense, sadness, romance, humor and a whole lot of Molly. Thanks for telling her story. Now I can re-read the other books onnce ...more
Kennedy
Jan 08, 2015 Kennedy rated it really liked it
What a funny, exciting and entertaining read. Wonderful characters and a great story about friendship. And now we know why Molly is awesome!
Starsandsun
Mar 18, 2016 Starsandsun rated it it was amazing
Nicely done. Wow!
Laurie Salzler
Jul 14, 2012 Laurie Salzler rated it it was amazing
This is Decky's best book yet...IMO.
Julie Dobson
Dec 08, 2016 Julie Dobson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping.....

Excellent read......likeable and believable character's! Kept me enthralled all the way through....! If you enjoy a good crime thriller, this is definitely a book for you!
Darlene
Oct 24, 2014 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Decky fans
Recommended to Darlene by: Decky
I love, love, love Decky books. Decky is the nickname of the author, R.E. Bradshaw. I have read many of her stories. Her writing is enjoyable. She brings the reader into her worlds. We sit in on all the adventures. I hope someday her stories will become movies or television series. They are worth it!

What was most exciting about Molly: House on Fire? Characters from Ms. Bradshaw's previous novels appeared and are there to help out in this thriller. I love when authors do that.

The mystery kept me
Megzz
Jan 29, 2015 Megzz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: exciting-plot
I absolutely LOVED this book. Finally a great mix of thrill and romance. Most romance novels I've read that include an investigation of some sort, were pretty basic: it was obvious they were written by authors who didn't really know anything about what they were writing, or who used it only as the trigger for a hot love story. With House on Fire, I have to stay I was blown away. The action part is not just used as an excuse to put two people together. Everything is extremely convincing, the pace ...more
Catheryn
Sep 22, 2012 Catheryn rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It had humor, intrigue, mystery, love, likable characters and crazy ones. It reminded me of the "Lincoln Lawyer" meets "Cold Comfort Farm," and "Doc Hollywood." It has a lot going for it and yes, it has it's flaws, like the ending was over the top, but it was still an enjoyable read.
JKR
Mar 19, 2016 JKR rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I must admit that not one of the books that I have read written by this author has ever disappointed me. This one was wonderful for those who have read her earlier works. The way she brings characters for her other books is a sweet surprise. Not that you need to read her earlier works to follow, but after reading this you may want to...

I really enjoyed it!
Frank Van Meer
Oct 10, 2014 Frank Van Meer rated it it was amazing
This book, people, read it.

So, I just read it for I think the 12th time. And each and every time, I get sucked into the story of Molly and what she has to come to terms with. And each and every time I get all emotional. I don't know why.

I thought the Rainy Bell books were the best I have ever read, but Molly's book is better.

For me, this is a classic.
Vongfre
Feb 24, 2015 Vongfre rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read. I just finished this book and the only thing I want to do is read it again. The perfect mix of drama, mistery and romance. A magnificent main character, a great group of secondary characters, a beautifil romance and a story that will leave you wanting more. 5 stars!
Sally Trotter
Dec 10, 2015 Sally Trotter rated it it was amazing
A great book and what a compelling character Molly Kincaid is. I fell under her spell in Waking Up Gray & Before It Stains and have now downloaded the first Rainey Bell books as she features in those as well as another of RE Bradshaw's characters I am looking forward to knowing
susan
Apr 11, 2016 susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I have read many Bradshaw's books but for some reason I kept putting this one off. I am so glad I finally read it. I loved the storyline and characters. I really think Molly, Leslie, Randy, Tammy, and her husband would make a good mystery solving team.
Deirdre S.
Jan 11, 2014 Deirdre S. rated it really liked it
I give this one 4.5 stars. An excellent, exciting romantic thriller featuring several characters familiar from earlier Bradshaw books.
Debbie Russell
Jun 12, 2012 Debbie Russell rated it it was amazing

Fantastic book. Could not put it down. Just hoping we see these girls again and get some answers about the stalker !!
Jenn
Aug 18, 2014 Jenn rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. The characters were well developed and I enjoyed the playful tension between Molly and Leslie.
Hess
Apr 02, 2016 Hess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
One of her best. An all-out home run in the crime / thriller / romance department. Must-read for fans.
Jeanne
Sep 30, 2012 Jeanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly remarkable recurring character. This book made me laugh, cry and I didn't put it down until I was done. I have read it several times and enjoy it every single time I read it.
Megan
Dec 14, 2015 Megan added it
Shelves: lesbian-mystery
See my full review of this novel in the Lesbian Mystery Reading Group.

Linda Keiles
May 27, 2012 Linda Keiles rated it liked it
Fast, taut mystery thriller with a nice love story. I enjoy RE Bradshaw's books; well-written, fast-paced, and romantic.
Marie
Marie rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Molly and the Rainey Bell Thrillers 3 13 Oct 25, 2014 09:35AM
  • Conflict of Interest
  • Uncommon Emotions
  • Deaths of Jocasta (Micky Knight, #2)
  • A Kiss Before Dawn
  • Just Jorie
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • Jericho
  • Like Jazz
  • Devil's Rock
  • Tropical Storm (Dar and Kerry, #1)
  • That Certain Something
  • Snowbound
  • The Devil Unleashed (Cain Casey, #2)
How did a girl from the Outer Banks of North Carolina end up writing contemporary women's fiction in Oklahoma? Well, there has to be a woman involved. Bradshaw began her writing career in 2010, after leaving Theatre and teaching. Since then, her novels ranging from the popular romance, Waking Up Gray, to the Lambda Literary Award Finalists, thriller Rainey Nights and mystery Molly: House on Fire, ...more
More about R.E. Bradshaw...