Start by marking “Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)

Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  17,099 ratings  ·  1,501 reviews
Katarina Bishop and W.W. Hale the fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of loveable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the son of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it's that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting-or stealing-whatever they w ...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Scoundrels, please sign up.

Sarah No, everything is figured out and its a happy ending.
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
17th out of 1,519 books — 10,769 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
39th out of 2,464 books — 12,470 voters

More lists with this book...

Melannie :)
June 16th, 12. Pre-reading the book:

IT'S A GIFT FROM GOD! <333333333333

February 9th, 13. AFTER reading the book:

I love the Heist Society series. I love that they're a thrill ride, I love its complexity and simplicity. It can do no wrong in my eyes.

However, much to my surprise (and dismay) Perfect Scoundrels ended up being my least favorite of the three. I can't really point out why, maybe because there wasn't a big heist in it or maybe because it was just so sad all
HOLY MUFFINS!! Since when is there a 3rd book and why didn't I know about it until now?!

I finally read it! It was AH-MAZING (of course) but.... we still don't know what Hale's initials stand for!!!!! I was really hoping to find out in this one... ;_;
4.5 stars.

There are no words to express what this book will do to me.

^^^In case you were wondering.... ^^^I'm not the minion of Ally's screaming. I'm the one floored by her glass case of feels and trying to keep them under control.

At 10:06, a truck pulled up to my house.
At 10:08, the doorbell rang.
At 10:08.26, the neighbors heard some screeching and wondered where it was coming from.
At 11:36, My sister
Nov 13, 2012 Sabrina marked it as to-read
Sabrina was innocently surfing the Internet when she read there was going to be a 3rd installment to the Heist Society. Eager, Sabrina went on to Goodreads hoping to be given some information on what the book will be about. This was what she recieved:

Sabrina is not pleased. Not pleased at all.

AT LEAST GIVE ME THE TITLE!!!! Gah, I don't think I can wait till 2013 if only this information is given to me: Nothing.

Ally Carter, you are KILLING me! Not a single spoiler, nothing. Rats!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Perfect Scoundrels was my Waiting on Wednesday pick just over a month ago, and no wonder; I’ve been looking forward to it for months. I loved Heist Society and I loved Uncommon Criminals (although maybe just a tiny bit less), but Perfect Scoundrels exceeded all my expectations. It was by far the best of the series, exciting and virtually unputdownable.
Finally (finally!) things moved forward between Kat and Hale, but just as Kat recovered from the panic attack their new girlfriend-boyfr
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
Wait, wait, hold the phone. I read Uncommon Criminals almost a year ago, so I'm shoddy on the details. But I don't remember Kat and Hale being an item. I remember only one bumbling practically-doesn't-count-kiss. What is this "boyfriend" stuff about?
Dear Ally Carter super fan who used the old 'I need it for my summer reading assignment' excuse to buy the hardcover of Uncommon Criminals and then actually did your book report on Uncommon Criminals (you know who you are):

There are two ways I could do this review. I could claim I've always been an Ally Carter fan and proceed straight to the animated gif spam, but that would be a lie. Plus, as you know, that's not really my style; I'm far more comfortable expressing myself with the written word
Sue (YAHollywood)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

I cannot believe I finished this trilogy in almost 3 days. I'm a little bit hesitant in calling it trilogy, because a friend of mine said there is a huge possibility for book four.

Nonetheless it was a great conclusion.
And honestly, why isn't there more kissing? Not that I'm complaining, just merely inquiring.
“If you don't want to be a victim, don't act like one.”

Well, I am surprised by my own rating. Maybe because I liked the others so much that I expected to know more about them with this book and I got disappointed.

We got to know more about Hale here but I believe that the way they acted in some situations made me upset. Although I loved to meet more of their family, specially Kat's.

The story was predictable and even though we had some great parts, I expected it to develop much more.
Plus the rom
Obviously, Ally Carter and I need to have a chat. A long one. Preferably ending with her releasing her books all in the summer so I don't waste my day reading instead of studying for my tests or doing my physics homework, all which I have to do now at around 10 PM. Still, I have to admit, this was worth it.

Perfect Scoundrels is hands down the best HS novel so far and I hope they just continue to get better from her on out. Unlike the last two novels which focus solely on heists, Perfect Scoundr

I was so looking forward to this, and now after reading the synopsis-thingy --I do know the technical term.. I just can't remember it :L -- alli have to say is:

I feel like this book is going to make me sad at some point or another.. :/ Kat and Hale are insanely cute together and I swear if they split up I will not read another page --ok, we all know that won't happen.. I'll read it all anyways by still :/--

Anyways.. Can't wait to read this even though it may well break my heart.

That cover
Since when was there a third book I knew nothing about? Ah, whatever. .__. GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!

Edited: 6/26/12

YESSSS! A COVERR! And oh my fucking god, Kat better get with Hale in this book. If they don't, I'm going to be a very angry fan girl.

Perfect Scoundrels in my opinion is the best from Ally Carter in the Heist Society series yet. I had my initial doubts when picking this up as Uncommon Criminals didn’t pack the punch that I’d expected; but Perfect Scoundrels was one heck of a thrilling ride and went onto show me why I fell in love with this series in the first place.

Kat Bishop is back, but this time the con she has to deal with is a lot closer to home, Hale’s grandma’s will is suggested to be a fake, all the evidence on the con
YA Books of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Perfect Scoundrels was just absolutely awesome! It was different from the previous Heist Society books and I think it changed for the better. I really enjoyed the other books too but this one is probably my favorite. It's more personal in my opinion. In the others Kat was usually working on a job to helps someone else but in PS she was doing a job to help Hale. It was also much dangerous than the other books because it was hard to trust anyone. I really enjoyed
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
4.5 out of 5 stars.

Guys, I read this in February, right after it came out, and it took me THIS LONG to write a review, because...Ally Carter. ALLY CARTER. I always find it incredibly hard to write reviews for her books, because they are so ridiculously well-done, and I can't critique them because there's almost nothing I would change.

Perfect Scoundrels is masterful plotting, crazy twists and turns, all with a really awesome premise, and characters you can't help but love. If you've read Heist S
Wow! That was amazing! The cons that were pulled off in this book were outstanding! I hope Ally Carter decides to write another one! This was my favorite one in the trilogy!!!
Aug 31, 2012 Sonia marked it as to-read
"Her boyfriend's company"?

Her BOYFRIEND's company?

Feb 09, 2013 Judit marked it as to-read
Please, tell me there is who I think there is reflected in Kat's specs!
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Carter weaves yet another thrilling mystery with more than a few twists to keep you on your toes and begging for more. Plus there’s more insight on the history of the amazingly gorgeous (and rich) W.W. Hale.

Opening Sentence: Of all the people who knew about the big house in the middle of Wyndham Woods, very few had ever been inside.

The Review:

Kat and Hale’s relationship has been drifting past the border of friendship for some time, but in
I like Perfect Scoundrels.

...What happened to Hale here? *frowns*

This is my least favorite among the series. The fun was almost absent, and the brilliant connivance was short and unsatisfying in the end.

Perfect Scoundrels went heavy on Hale's and Kat's drama. And I was miffed when they were described as "on-off" boyfriend/girlfriend. Really? They are an item? Because I am sure that I did not miss anything from Uncommon Criminals, because their relationship in that book was as vague as it was in
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
My review, the shortened version:

My review, the full version:

I seriously love this series and loved what Ally did with Kat and Hale's storyline. I don't know what else to add to what I mentioned in my shortened review. I mean, I have plenty to say, but I can't talk in detail about the awesomeness of Kat & Hale, and Ally's writing without given sounding like a rambling fangirl. There is something about Ally's writing that I fall victim to every time I sit do
*NOTE: This review doesn't even BEGIN compare with the book & this review does contain spoilers,but they are hidden by the '(view spoiler)' brackets.*

If you thought Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals was good... read this. RIGHT NOW. I mean it. Or else.

In this book, Hale inherits the entire Hale Industries corporation... at least, perhaps. (view spoiler)
Sophie Riggsby
* Review posted on Page Turners Blog on 2/26/2013*

Okay, I’ll just say it – I’m a HUGE fan of Ally’s writing. And as with any thing that I may love there’s always a little (irrational) fear that perhaps, this one story won’t live up to my expectations. Of course, I was dead wrong in this case.

Here’s the thing about Ally’s series (and yes, I’m dragging in Gallagher Girls into this review but only for a second so please bear with me), they are well planned and gorgeously executed, complicated plots
Just as Kat and Hale's relationship is getting serious, his grandma passes away and Kat's suddenly confronted with Hale's family life. Why didn't she notice how close they were -- or how lonely he is now that she is gone? As Kat struggles to stay in Hale's life, a case comes up about grandma's will being fake. Can Kat tell Hale, even if it means that he will be written off as heir?

Loyalty is the theme behind this third book of the Heist Society Series as Kat learns that you don't really need to
Kirsty-Marie Jones
*4.5 stars*

Why does it seem that whenever I start reading a Heist Society book, I always get frustrated with Kat when, in fact, I've already established liking her by the end of the previous book? She is always so proud and has this train of thought that every problem must be solved by her and her alone. I already liked you in the ending of Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals, Kat. Why'd you have to go back to your ways? Why?? Why is that? Tsktsk. Anyway, I should probably get into the real rev
Christine X
I almost bought this.
I was this close.
I almost bought this.
I loved the first two: and I knew Kat and Hale had to make it somewhere. But this was sucky on so many levels and after I read it my reaction was thanking the twenty bucks still lying in my wallet and mourning the cup of coffee that I could've had.

The writing was so forced in this one. I mean, i get it, Kat's short and Hale's incredibly handsome, but Carter, ya don't really have to shove it up my nose. And the
Jul 25, 2013 Christine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Rating: 3.5/5
***Minor spoilers***

Kat Bishop's recovery thefts aren't over yet. Kat and her crew are working a job when Hale suddenly up and disappears and leaves Kat angry and confused. It turns out that Hale's grandmother, the current owner of Hale's family's billion dollar corporation had died. In her will, she disinherited her children's generation and gave the entire company over to her grandson; W.W. Hale the Fifth. Since Hale is a minor, he is to have a trustee until he turns 25, and the t
Crazy for Young A...: Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3) by Ally Carter → Start Date: June 11, 2015 11 19 Jun 19, 2015 10:18AM
I'm confused 5 23 May 02, 2015 06:19AM
So What Did We All Think of Hale's Nickname? 51 256 Nov 19, 2014 08:38PM
~Young Adult Enth...: Book 3: Perfect Scoundrels 1 4 Oct 26, 2014 04:32PM
Do we ever find out Hale's real name? 6 43 Sep 26, 2014 06:21PM
About the end... HUGE SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED 10 162 May 21, 2014 06:36AM
Hale??? 2 54 May 15, 2013 11:44AM
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • The Traitor in the Tunnel
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Abandon (Possession, #3)
  • The Daughters Join the Party (The Daughters, #4)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • The Darkness Dwellers (Kiki Strike, #3)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • Prep School Confidential (Prep School Confidential, #1)
  • In the Age of Love and Chocolate (Birthright, #3)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. Book 2, SEE HOW THEY RUN will be in stores Dec 22, 2015.

She encourages you to visit
More about Ally Carter...

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)

“The things that are most precious to us are sometimes the most secret.” 129 likes
“He's better-looking then the last vagabond I had to take in," Eddie said, standing and carrying empty bowls to the sink. "I'll give him that."

The insult slid off of Bobby like water. "So, you know, kid, according to thief culture, if you're going to court Kat, you now owe me two dozen goats."

"It's a dozen," Eddie corrected.

"Yeah, but Kat's worth two," Hamish said with a wink.

Through it all, Hale said nothing. Then, finally, he smiled. "I'm afraid I'm all out of goats at the moment, but I've got some ruby cuff links you can have."

"No." Bobby shook his head. "It's goats or nothing."

"Sorry, Kat." Hale shrugged, disappointed. "It was fun while it lasted."

"Don't look at me." Kat threw up her hands. "I'm officially ignoring all of you.”