Start by marking “Moby's Dick” as Want to Read:
Moby's Dick

Moby's Dick

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
This edition is no longer available.

Burke Matthews and his wily team of experts on board the salvage cargo ship, The Brigadoon, have hauled everything from Russian nuclear submarines to stranded catamarans. After having spent almost two weeks in the sunny port of Palermo, Italy trying to win the bid to salvage half a million gallons of oil from a distressed cruise ship hal
ebook, 1st Edition, 142 pages
Published May 5th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Moby's Dick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moby's Dick

Dick, It's What's for Dinner by James   CoxI'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseSno Ho by Ethan DayFrat Boy and Toppy by Anne TeninoShattered Glass by Dani Alexander
Funniest Gay Titles
148th out of 242 books — 133 voters
Hainted by Jordan L. HawkThe Ghost on My Couch by L.A. GilbertIcecapade by Josh LanyonLove & Loyalty by Tere MichaelsMind Magic by Poppy Dennison
M/M Romance With (Mostly) Blue Covers
404th out of 537 books — 89 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
Feb 25, 2015 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This book is an interesting mixture between lighthearted humor (I mean, just look at the title!) and a somewhat more detailed look at the marine salvage business than most of us have had so far. That balance between the main characters having fun despite some of the adversity around them is quite delicate, and I bet it was not easy to achieve when writing the story.

Burke is a tough guy in a very competitive business. He runs a marine salvage business and he is very hands-on, so he gets to see th
Ro Dubose
Apr 18, 2015 Ro Dubose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burke Matthews is accustomed to salvaging wrecked water vehicles; it is what his team does best. However, rescuing cruise ship survivor Gabriel Bergeron develops into an additional benefit that Burke can’t resist.

Moby's Dick is a charming budding romance story, complete with a scorned ex-lover in the part of the scoundrel. The setting is small coastal town in Italy. The plot gives an overview of the procedures involved in salvaging disabled ships. The characters are creditable.

Burke is looking f
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 01, 2015 Love Bytes Reviews rated it really liked it
3.5 star review by Tidal

I was drawn to this book for two reasons, the cover and the title. When I am sitting on the fence about a book, I must admit the cover will sway me. The cover of this book is definitely compelling but when I read the book, the picture my mind painted was quite different from the one on the cover and that was not a bad thing, because the cover didn’t match the story at all! The title now is another thing, it promised something and it did deliver, but it gave much more than
Lena Grey
Mar 01, 2015 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In 'Moby's Dick' by A.J. Llewellyn and D. J. Manly, Burke Matthews seemingly has it all. He's handsome, successful, wealthy, and has a great deal of expertise in his job as captain of a salvage vessel. He's respected and admired by his crew, travels all over the world seeing beautiful places and meeting interesting people. But he's restless and wonders if things are going so well, then why is he so empty and lonely? Burke is determined to find out and remedy the situation. After saving countless ...more
Maya
Oct 30, 2012 Maya rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars. The book started off great for me and took a nose dive about 2/3 into it. Burke meets and falls in love with Gabriel within a week, which is fine, if he hadn't just fucked his ex a couple of days before and he didn't go and fuck a random stranger from a bar the day after the first time he has sex with Gabriel. It just soured the book for me.
Suze
Apr 03, 2014 Suze rated it liked it
A different read to what I was expecting. From the title I was expecting full out comedy, and whilst bits were funny, it wasn't a comedy. However, I did quite like it.
The main story was about the marine salvage, and being a sea side dweller, this did interest me and whilst it wasn't pleasant, I liked that the authors did not go with the 'save everyone' answer. The descriptions of bodies who had been missing for a long time felt very authentic to me - and not for the too squeamish.
On the romance
Belinda
May 15, 2012 Belinda rated it it was amazing
I liked this one. I felt the tension from the first page when Burke is circling the ship wondering if there are survivors and the knowledge things like this happen. It's an exciting story and the relationship is fun. I like Burke and Gabriel. And the ship's cat!
Bogusia
Aug 28, 2013 Bogusia rated it liked it
3 stars
LOLA
LOLA marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Sanne Nielsen
Sanne Nielsen marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Namaya
Namaya added it
Jan 24, 2016
Said
Said marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Chase
Chase rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2015
John
John added it
Aug 11, 2015
Susan A
Susan A marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Barry Lowe
Barry Lowe rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kestrel
Kestrel rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Fernanda Pestana
Fernanda Pestana rated it it was ok
May 05, 2014
Nita
Nita marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
David Ruiz
David Ruiz marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...