Start by marking “My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)” as Want to Read:
My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)

My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,115 Ratings  ·  1,206 Reviews
My Life with the Walter Boys centers on the prim, proper, and always perfect Jackie Howard. When her world is turned upside down by tragedy, Jackie must learn to cut loose and be part of a family again.

Jackie does not like surprises. Chaos is the enemy! The best way to get her successful, busy parents to notice her is to be perfect. The perfect look, the perfect grades-the
Published March 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about My Life with the Walter Boys, please sign up.

Olivia Crumpacker Yes, it is in the works right no and set to release early 2016. She does have a wattpad page though, where she's posted alternate sequels (different…moreYes, it is in the works right no and set to release early 2016. She does have a wattpad page though, where she's posted alternate sequels (different from the one that will be published but still a good read).(less)
The Bad Boy's Girl by jessgirl93The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me by Hasti Williams (Slim_Shady)My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali NovakMy Wattpad Love by Ariana GodoyThe Quirky Tale of April Hale by Cathy Octo
Wattpad
3rd out of 486 books — 673 voters
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny HanIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsWe Were Liars by E. LockhartSince You've Been Gone by Morgan MatsonWhat I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick
2014 Contemporary YA
26th out of 269 books — 1,818 voters

More lists with this book...

Abi
Dec 04, 2014 Abi rated it did not like it
Hi, my name is Jackie.

I'm 16 and proudly do not own any pair of jeans because I "dress to impress". Despite being from Upper East Side NY, and the daughter of a fashion designer, the only clothes I own are tailored work clothes and the term casual-chic is lost on me because my author has never watched Gossip Girl.

My social insensitivity may be mistaken for autism, but really it's just such a culture shock for me, this move from upper-class NYC life to rural Colorado. Actually it's really because
♥ Sarah
Rocio
Mar 07, 2015 Rocio rated it did not like it
I’d rather read the iTunes User Agreement.
Juhina
Mar 02, 2014 Juhina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

This book was exactly what I needed. A girl who ends up moving in a house of 12 boys? (11 boys and a tomboy to be exact). Does this remind anyone of Cheaper by the Dozen or Yours, Mine, and Ours? I at least was reminded of those two movies whenever the boys would pull pranks on each other and also Jackie.. which is most of the time. I really loved everything about this book, from how light hearted it was to managing to have some very emotional and tear inducing scenes that transitione
Leigh Collazo

More reviews at Mrs. ReaderPants.

IF THIS BOOK WERE FOOD, IT WOULD BE: Lays potato chips--the regular flavor--total junkfood, but you can't read just one page.

WHAT I LIKED: On one hand, Walter Boys is a quick, fun read that I completed in about a day. I enjoyed it the same way I enjoy potato chips or cookies--it's junkfood not meant for a steady diet. Somehow, despite its many flaws, I still enjoyed reading it, and I think many teens will like it, too.

I liked the family. Even though Katherine and
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
The premise of this was interesting, but it felt so forced. Like she had to pick one of the Walter Boys. I didn't have a favourite at all. I didn't see what was so special with any of the boys. Some of the kids were adorable and the things they said made me laugh out loud. The family dynamics was my favourite part of the book.

The only character that had any development was Jackie and she went from being a goody-goody to one who started taking stupid risks..all for a boy. Clearly she lost some br
Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader)
3 stars

This book started out strong, I loved the concept of a girl having to move into a home with twelve boys. But what I didn't expect was a love triangle where everyone was using each other for their own means. I honestly would have enjoyed this book much more if the triangle hadn't been in it, because Jackie's personal journey of discovery would have made more sense.

Anyways, it's a fun fast read and if you want something cute and quick this is the book for you.
Jean Leong
Dec 13, 2012 Jean Leong rated it really liked it
One of my favorite wattpad books of all time. Really enjoyable, with a pleasant writing style, a really cool author herself, and cute twists here and then. It's one of my favorite Megan Meade fanfictions, but with a totally different plot and style.

Well done, Fallzswimmer! I look forward to the second book and re-reading this one again!

Reviews from a Bookworm
I was enjoying this one, but then it was getting closer and closer to the end and things weren't really getting any closure. That ending did not work for me. I feel like I have read half a book. Ali Novak better have a sequel coming out ASAP.
Hanna
Apr 23, 2015 Hanna rated it did not like it
I honestly don't know why this story is published, or why the HELL is people liking it. I absolutely HATED every single small detail in the story (although it lacked details, lol)

Here's why:

The major reason is because it's like Jackie had no feelings. Which shows how poor this story is written. I didn't feel anything but bored and angry while I was reading the book. I hated Jackie's personality, and Cole's too. But, what bothered me the most is that, as the book claims, she liked both Alex and
A Canadian Girl
When I saw the synopsis for Ali Novak’s My Life With The Walter Boys, I expected a light, breezy read. Thankfully, I got that because My Life With The Walter Boys was just so full of drama – so much so, that I laughed at times because I couldn’t believe anybody saying or doing anything similar in real life.

There isn’t much of a plot in My Life With The Walter Boys. Instead, the book relies on the reader getting emotionally invested with its characters. For me, that didn’t happen to the degree th
Carrie Ardoin
Well this book pissed me right off. Not only is the main character (and the entire book for that matter) wrapped up in so many mindless cliches...at the end she chooses the guy who's been a jerk to her the entire book. He even goes so far as to throw her dead family in her face.

This book perpetuates the thought that for teenagers, it doesn't matter how mean a guy is to you, as long as he is hot enough to give you that feeling in your tummy! I have a feeling in my stomach, too. I'm nauseated.
~Tina~
After the horrific car accident that killed Jackie’s family and leaving her orphaned, Jackie doesn't have much of a choice but to leave all the comforts of her New York home and move to Colorado with Katherine Walter, her mothers oldest friend and Jackie’s new Guardian. But leaving home to move to a horse ranch is one thing; living with 12 other Walter kids is an entirely new story. One, Jackie isn't sure she’s cut out to handle.

Ha, this was fun! I really enjoyed the concept for My Life with the
Karla

2.5 Stars! I felt a little cheated!

First half of the book, very good. Second half, I'm not sure what the author's original intent was, it felt like she lost the direction her story was taking, and midpoint she decided to make this a series. I was hoping for a more conclusive ending, but I was left hanging, and I didn't like it at all!

Apparently the author was 15 years old when she wrote this, now she's in her early twenties, so knowing that I'll grant her some liberties, you have to start somew
Silvia
Jul 22, 2014 Silvia rated it did not like it
If she hadn't gone for the cliché trope of dating the nice guy so you can avoid the bad boy, this book might have been bearable. But then again, it was full of stereotypes and crappy writing. I should have known what I was getting myself into. One of the worst books I've read this year.
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
3.5 Stars

My Life with the Walter Boys was one of those "pleasant surprise" kind of books. A blogger friend gave it a great review so I decided to give it a try. While I wasn't blown away, it was still a really enjoyable YA contemporary and I found myself more invested than I thought I would be.

At 16 Jackie loses her parents and sister suddenly in an accident. Her upper crust NYC penthouse lifestyle changes dramatically when she is sent to live with her mother's friend in Colorado. Life on a ranc
Emily  (ObsessedReader)
3.5 stars.
This was really cute, and I definitely enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be really predictable, but it turned out that it wasn't. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I had a good time reading it.
Saniya
Nov 03, 2014 Saniya rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Now seriously. This is one of the best books on Wattpad. You are not a true Wattpad-ian, (yes, I just created that word) if you haven't read this glory.

So happy this book also got nominated for the Best Young Adult Fiction. <3
Rhea
Aug 29, 2015 Rhea rated it it was ok
So this chick's family dies in some freak accident, is forced to move from Upper East Side NYC to Colorado into a house full of testosterone and is expected to leave her upper-class city life behind to become a full on country gal. How about no.

I've read this book on Wattpad so many times, hoping to enjoy it more than previously but it wasn't getting any better. In fact, it seemed to be getting worse and I didn't think that was possible. This book had so much potential and I actually found the s
Clarissa
Oct 02, 2014 Clarissa rated it really liked it
Need sequel. NOW.

So I read this book on one of those fantastic nights when the people on my floor wouldn't shut up and sleep just wasn't going to be a thing that happened. I went into tis thinking "ya I'll read a few chapters and then doze off." FALSE. In typical me fashion I ended up staying up till 3 AM finishing this baby. I'm now in desperate need of caffeine, but oh man was it worth it.

This book is about Jackie Howard whose entire family recently died in an accident and now she is being s
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 3 HEARTS!

Although, I started this book with great expectations – I mean who wouldn't when the plot involves a girl living with 12 boys!?? – those expectations quickly died down to a distant hum with all the striking similarities this has with Kate Brian's Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys (a FAVOURITE read of mine). And yet, suprisingly, the last couple of chapters pulled me in, making me forgot about the major flaws, even if only momentarily. It helped that the ending was bittersw
Terri (Le Book Chronicles)
I started this book with pretty high hopes, and the first 30% probably lived up to my expectations, but then it just went downhill from there.

First of all, Jackie is a pretentious brat who thinks she's too good for her boots. I think her "city slicker" thing she had going on was supposed to be cute? but after a while it just became ridiculous. Apart from her personality, I really did not like her simply for the stupid decisions she made! First of all her whole family dies and she moves in with h
Angela
Dec 12, 2014 Angela rated it liked it

Jackie lost her whole family in a car accident and now must move from New York to Colorado and live with the Walter family. She's going from living in the big city to a small town, from private school to public, and from having one sibling to twelve. She thought she was going to be the one who hated being there but it seems that the 12 other children hate it even more.

I picked up My life with the Walter Boys so I could have a sweet light December
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
This and other reviews can be found on The Psychotic Nerd

MY THOUGHTS
This book just recently came to my attention. I'm going to a book convention soon and Ali Novak is on the list of authors attending. I haven't read any of her books, so I decided to pick this one up. I thought it sounded interesting and I enjoyed reading this book.

After Jackie's family dies in a car accident, Jackie is sent away to Colorado. There she will live with the Walters. The thing is, the Walters have twelve sons. Jac
Tabby
Dec 20, 2014 Tabby rated it did not like it
Too annoyed to review right now...what a waste of a day!!

*UPDATE* 12/20/2014

I was prepared to give this at least 2, maybe even 3 stars, depending on the ending, but then that non-ending happened. I don't understand authors that do this. So you want to make it a series? That's fine. I'm cool with that. Leave em wanting more but that was just so abrupt. I kept going thinking I was missing pages or something. That there was no way the author would string the reader along the ENTIRE book just to end
B.A.  Wilson
Apr 02, 2016 B.A. Wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, ya, contemporary
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. They don’t end at 12.

This story sucked me in from the very first moment, and I read it straight through to the end. The MC is refreshingly different, and the Walter boys are delightfully charming scoundrels who make every moment interesting. I loved the development of each family member’s different personalities and quirks, which had to be hard to juggle, considering how many of them there are.

These characters were completely flawed and freaking adora
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Feb 13, 2015 Hazel (Stay Bookish) rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
Sometimes frustrating and more often than not predictable but I still ended up liking it! :)
Nicole
Feb 01, 2016 Nicole rated it really liked it
This book was hilarious! I really loved all of the characters! I'm a little disappointed with the ending and I want a sequel!
Amber
Apr 21, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-library
When Jackie's family died, Jackie moves away to live with friend of the family Katherine Walter, husband, and twelve sons. Can Jackie survive? Read and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good YA book. If you enjoy stories about second chances, friendship, and a little romance then def check this out for yourself. The book can be found at your local library and wherever books are sold.
  • A Surreptitious Relationship
  • Playing Evelyn
  • She's One of the Boys
  • The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me
  • She's Bad News
  • Mate Or Not. You're Still A Jerk
  • All I've Never Wanted
  • My Wattpad Love (My Wattpad Love #1)
  • The Shy Girl Has a Gun
  • His Unmarked Territory
  • Hidden In This School
  • In 27 Days (In 27 Days, #1)
  • The Quirky Tale of April Hale
  • I'm the Supermodel in a Boy's Boarding School...Fun Hell No.
  • A and D (2015 Edition)
  • Our Song
  • How To Turn A Good Girl Bad
  • I Sold Myself To The Devil For Vinyls... Pitiful I Know
Ali Novak is a twenty-four-year-old Wisconsin native and graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s creative writing program. She started writing her debut novel My Life with the Walter Boys when she was only fifteen, and since then, her work has received more than 100 million hits online. When she isn’t writing, Ali enjoys Netflix marathons and traveling with her husband Jared. You can fol ...more
More about Ali Novak...

My Life with the Walter Boys (2 books)
  • Untitled