Start by marking “Mirrors (Mirrors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mirrors (Mirrors, #1)

Mirrors (Mirrors #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
This edition is no longer available.

Troy and Aaron Mayer, identical twins separated from the age of two, have lived wildly different lives. Aaron has struggled taking care of their alcoholic, gambling-addicted mother, leaving his finances in disarray. Troy, living with their father, experienced luxury. He calls Aaron asking to see him after years of silence. When Aaron arr
ebook, 1st Edition, 280 pages
Published April 7th 2012 by Silver Publishing (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirrors

Serena Yates
Apr 13, 2012 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
The concept of a mirror showing us from a side we never get to see ourselves is fascinating. Having a mirror-image of yourself, an identical twin, gives some people a unique perspective on life. This story of Aaron and Troy takes it one step further: having them separated at age two and living very different lives, then examining what happens when they meet up again twenty-five years later makes for a totally fascinating story. Told with a large dose of humor that is balanced by some seriously e ...more
Heller
Sep 10, 2012 Heller rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
I loved the concept! Sadly, most parts didn't work for me. More later. My flight is boarding!

Trip over and days later...finally finishing this review.

The idea of a good twin/bad twin trading places has always been a guilty pleasure concept for me, mostly because I'm a twin myself so I get a kick out of them when I come across the ones I do.

I really enjoyed the good twin, Aaron. He's such a good guy but he is definitely in a bad situation that he can't dig himself out of it. I loved reading abou
Ayanna
Oct 29, 2012 Ayanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This makes me think of that one CW tv show, Ringer.

It wasn't bad. It was certainly readable. It was just...odd. Incongruous. I had a hard time believing that people wouldn't really notice the change. I was also annoyed that some of the secondary and tertiary characters seemed rather like stereotypical character sketches.

It didn't really start making any sense until Dave said something about how Troy had done that thing before, where he pretended to change, but by that time, it had felt more like
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Feb 12, 2013 Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌ rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaymance
The "read ebook" thing really fooled me. I totally thought I could read the whole thing. Then it stops when I start getting really really really really into it.

OH MY FUCKING GOD THESE ASSHOLES. WHY GIVE ME A FUCKING PREVIEW. OMFG. I AM DYING TO GET THIS.

DO YOU SEE THAT SHELF?? I ADDED IT JUST FOR THIS BOOK. BLOODY HELL :(

-------

So, I finally got this book.

Mirrors had so much potential to be more than it actually was (though the beginning was pretty fucking grabbing). I'm not exactly disappointe
Leaundra
Apr 09, 2012 Leaundra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was great from the beginning to the end. You know that saying? Be careful what you wish for. Aaron went through a lot of things but you have to read it to find out what. It had mystery and intrigue and hot lovin;-). This book had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. Great book...
Becky Condit
Jul 27, 2013 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please leave comments on Pattycake's 5 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

I have only one word for Mirrors by AJ Llewellyn and DJ Manly and that is......WOW!! This is an absolutely outstanding story that the blurb just barely covers the very basics on. There is so, so much more to this book that, only by reading it yourself can you truly appreciate just how great the story actually is.

This is an utterly fascinating character driven story that has a complex plot that ha
Lena Grey
Mar 25, 2015 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe said: “Behavior is a mirror in which everyone displays his own image.” In 'Mirrors' by A.J. Llewellyn and D.J. Manly, Aaron Mayer gets to see his reflection on both sides of the mirror. He's always lamented having to stay with his mother after his parents were divorced, while his identical twin, Troy, went with his father. He'd assumed that Troy got the best end of the deal. When Aaron is presented with the opportunity to step into his brother's shoes, he jumps at it, ...more
Edina Rose
May 07, 2012 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Romance and thriller.
I liked the beginning, but by the middle I wanted to give up. I don't know why I kept reading a little bit more and suddenly it became freaking good! The ending was really unexpected, I LOVED being surprised.

How many times have I said to my SO "Who are you?". I could never, ever imagine he could be someone else,a long lost twin impersonating the real one. I would just think: "He changed! What happened?". In this book, Aaron fools everybody into thinking he is his brother, T
Water Fairy
Apr 07, 2012 Water Fairy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Sounds so much like the TV show Ringer o.O
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 1/2 Stars

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Aaron thinks its providence when his brother phones him and offers to help him out of the trouble his mother landed him in, but when he turns up for the meeting, things are much different from he thought they would be. With the opportunity to experience the life he could have had, Aaron embarks on an adventure that will take him to the highs of joy and the depths of despair.

This is a story that will grab yo
Zaa
May 08, 2012 Zaa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
So this one gets 3 hearts from me for having a lot of potential. Upon first diving into this story I was excited to find out what goes on in this book because it seemed like a mostly contemporary story that would have this great twist somewhere along the way. However, I found there was something missing. I mean I did like the characters and I did like the twist to the book and the plot line was one that held a lot of potential. But as I read I felt more compelled by what's " missing " in this no ...more
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewer: Victoria
Genre: m/m contemporary
4 hearts

Review:
Mirrors is the first book in the Mirrors series by A.J. Llewellyn and D.J. Manly.

Troy Mayer and his identical twin brother Aaron Mayer were raised separately since the age of two and ended up living very different lives. Troy lived a life of luxury with their father and never wanted for anything. Aaron, on the other hand, struggled to survive every day while taking care of their mother.

Dave Alvarez is Troy’s husband. He is handsome and swee
Alex Akira
May 11, 2015 Alex Akira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

This tasty tale shines a contemporary light on the good twin/bad twin theme and made for an entertaining read. To me its “prince and pauper” pathos held a hint of the Dante’s Cove aura: smoky sensually and ghostly anticipation mixed with smoldering, devil-may-care sex. I found Aaron’s plight charming, and absorbed the story much in the way I would a good movie. The blurb does a good job of expressing the book’s premise, but what I found extremely beguiling in this story is the relation
Love Bytes Reviews
4 heart review by Tidal

I really loved this book. Troy and Aaron are identical twins where were separated when they were very young to be raised apart after their parents’ divorce. Aaron only has memories of his brother and father. Aaron took care of his mom, until her death but he never blamed his brother Troy because their separation was not their choice. In his heart, he believed the best of everyone even his mother who almost cost him his life.

After years of no contact Troy contacts Aaron to
Ran ♠
Rated 3.5 stars at first but decided to round it up to 4 stars.

I discovered this book when I was reading an article by the author and checked GR for the author's works. And I am so glad I did! The blurb itself got me hooked in that I decided to read the book quickly and I really liked it!
It started really intriguing especially when you think of how would Aaron be able to handle Troy's life? And why is Troy throwing away his richness and everything aside? It also lead me to question how would Aar
Kazza
Aug 12, 2012 Kazza rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Aaron is mysteriously offered a chance at a better life by his twin brother, Troy, after a phone call out of the blue. Aaron is in debt to loan sharks when Troy rings him and takes the opportunity to see what his twin is offering. The backstory is that the parents split the boys up at divorce, Troy went with his father, Aaron stayed with his mother. Both boys had dysfunctional upbringings, one wealthy, Troy, one poor, Aaron. Both men are impacted by drama - Aaron owes money, Troy takes
Sophia
Jul 09, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an extraordinary good read because it had a little something of everything in it. It had family tragedy, mistaken identity, forbidden romance, intrigue, street violence and second chance romance all rolled into one.

It grabbed my attention from the beginning with the way things jumped right into the story with a brief table-setter scene that looks over a year into the future before starting at the beginning. The story swirls around identical twin brothers who were separated when their p
Danielle
Sep 24, 2014 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, 2014
I find it really strange that I actually liked this book. There was so much to hate about it. From Aiden's aggressive sudden need for sex when the guy sounded like a virgin (pretty sure he wasn't though) to the fact that the story tied itself up in a neat little bow.

Yet, I was game. The story concept is really interesting and I'd recommend it based on that alone.
Tristan
Sep 18, 2015 Tristan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, mystery
The concept of this book caught my attention so I gave it a shot - it was one of the better shot I've made.
Well, it was good enough to bring me into the mm romance genre. :3

I like the identity switch plot, and the few twists in between.
The writing is readable, and Aaron was a likable character. :3
Overall it's a pleasant read, though I was expecting more action toward the end. (Both in bed, and out of bed *dry laugh*) But what they have to offer was good enough, so I'll let it slide.

I might b
Lene
May 14, 2015 Lene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining mm mystery story.
C.L.
Aug 19, 2014 C.L. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katy Beth Mckee
This story is very different. It starts with Aaron in a hard place. His lost twin calls up and he ends up taking over Troy's life. But he finds out that the grass isn't greener on the other side. But there is Dave and maybe he is gay BUT his brother was a real sh** and now he has to figure out how to get out of this mess and keep his guy.
Cliodhna
I floated between 2 and 3 stars for this so consider it rated 2.5. It started out really strong and I like the authors writing style but as the story developed it just became to messy and convoluted and I just got bored rather then intrigued by all the twists and turns.
Chela
May 04, 2012 Chela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book! My only complaint is that I wish Dave met Aaron first!! Besides that, all of the characters were well rounded, the plot fascinating enough to draw me in and hold me until the sweet end. I want more of Dave and Aaron.
Mika
Jul 19, 2012 Mika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mirrors
GREAT!
I really enjoyed reading it. I couldn't stop reading it even when it got really late.
I loved the switched identity theme.

(I searching for books with a similar theme right now. If you can think of a suggestion please sent me a message.)
Yonaily
Aug 31, 2013 Yonaily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Me encantó el concepto de este libro, (quizás porque también tengo una hermana gemela). Se me hizo muy fácil leerlo y es un libro bueno para pasar el rato.
Page Crusherz
May 07, 2012 Page Crusherz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable. I liked the MC, mostly...and I really liked the husband. I got a little lost with the mob parts, but it was a good book.
ElaineY
It was okay until Aaron turned into a clingy, needy li'l thing. I skimmed most of it after that and am not motivated to read the sequel.
Megan
May 26, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, favorites
Loved this story. The authors executed the premise wonderfully. Poor Aaron and Dave, my heart kept breaking for them.
Dreamspinner Press: Mirrors by A.J. Llewllyn and D.J. Manly 1 4 Mar 25, 2015 08:16AM
  • The Pauper Prince (Changing Moon, #1)
  • Everyone's Man
  • The Superior Jewel
  • Finding Frankie (Mech Warrior #1)
  • Shattered Heart
  • Kissed by Death (Kissed by an Immortal, #1)
  • A Broken Light (Beyond the Night, #1)
  • Silence
  • Colt's Obsession
  • Mobsters and Miracles
  • Full Circle (Sanctuary, #5)
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City #1)
  • Owner of My Heart (Mending the Rift, #2)
  • Pack Business (Pine Hollow Wolves, #2)
  • Between Heaven & Hell (Heavenly Sins #1)
  • The More Things Change
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Deadly Secrets (Dark Kings of Eternity, #1)
1914286
A.J. Llewellyn lives in California, but dreams of living in Hawaii. Frequent trips to all the islands, bags of Kona coffee in the fridge and a healthy collection of Hawaiian records keep this writer refueled.

A.J’s passion for the islands led to writing a play about the last ruling monarch of Hawaii, Queen Lili’uokalani as well as a non-erotic novel about the overthrow of her kingdom written in dia
More about A.J. Llewellyn...

Mirrors (2 books)
  • Man In The Mirror (Mirrors, #2)