Start by marking “In the Dark” as Want to Read:
In the Dark

In the Dark (The Guardians #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  211 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
What happens when you find out the big bad wolf is the good guy and the hunter is the one to watch out for? For Zoe Sullivan the choice was made the moment Marek saved her life. From her introduction to his quirky family and their secret world, to the discovery of her own origins and the final showdown with a diabolical adversary Zoe's journey to becoming a part of Marek's ...more
Published March 10th 2012

To ask other readers questions about In the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Dark

Wanderlust
Jul 20, 2012 Wanderlust rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: PR Fans
Cover - It is a fine cover, i don't love it or anything but i like that its different from most werewolf book covers (i.e a moon & a wolf)
Favorite Line - "When the end comes, it usually comes unexpectedly"
Favorite Character - David

I normally don't read multiple point of view stories so this was a nice change. I really enjoyed the book & the way it was written. It was really clear who's thought or dialog it was, no confusion like some multiple pov stories i have read.
I liked all the char
Carissa
Mar 29, 2016 Carissa rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal, werewolf
I couldn't even get passed the 1st chapter... Too many run on sentences and found myself rereading alot of sentences so I'm passing.
Cindy
This was a fun werewolf story. I loved Marek and his brothers they were pretty darn chivalrous. David especially! Some of them also had other senses or abilities that were interesting. Marek could hear the inner thoughts of everyone except his mate. David was hyper sensitive and aware of peoples emotions to the point that it was a problem for him. Zoe on the other hand doesn't even know what she is, until she meets Marek. They have an incredibly strong bond towards each other, almost like a reme ...more
KimeyDiann
Nov 14, 2012 KimeyDiann rated it did not like it
Wow, I am so glad I did not pay for this book! I've had this on my Kindle for a long time now and finally started to read it. Only three chapters through the book, I closed it and will not even attempt to continue reading it.

The first thing that turned me off about this book was the poor punctuation and run-on sentences. I had to reread several sentences within the first chapter just to understand what the narrator was saying. Commas are important, people!
"As their numbers dwindled because of i
Jeannette
Dec 18, 2012 Jeannette rated it liked it
The first 3rd of this book, I thought I had fallen into bizarro-land and was reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood but the vamps had morphed into wolves. Sure, if you read enough of the same genre you are going to see similarities but this was a bit ridiculous. I kept reading it just to see what else would be a near carbon copy. Thankfully, even though the plot were still generally similar, as I got further into the book it didn't feel as similar. The main guys were quite different than any of th ...more
Savannah
Aug 11, 2013 Savannah rated it really liked it
When this book first came out I didn't bother reading synopsis the cover is what intrigued me it just looked different hate to admit it but sometimes I read a book based on the cover. As soon as I started reading the book I became hooked. Loved the story werewolves are really in and a turn-on in a way. Zoe's and Marek chemistry was very intense, felt bad for David and Kyle was one of my favorites besides Marek. Of coarse there were some errors here in the book but I stayed focused on the story. ...more
Kim
Jan 24, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok
it was ok
Rachel Lynn Sterling
Good, interesting wolf love-at-first-sight story. This was a different storyline from anything I’ve read before and I really enjoyed it. There were many great, likable characters, some heart-pounding action, and of course some steamy romance. The relationship developed extremely fast, but that was explained and the author reassured enough that I bought it. There were a few parts that dragged a bit and a few vulgar words that weren’t necessary, but it was still a good read.
Roimata Paoo
Jan 17, 2013 Roimata Paoo rated it liked it
It was ok, It had my attention for the first half of the book and than I started reading it just to see what happens at the end. I'm a sucker "make for each other" romances and I got it from this book. One point I really appreciated was that the two main characters were adults who were clever and intelligent and knew what they wanted, there was no denying them their feelings.

Would I read it again? maybe on a rainy day, If a sequel came out would I read that? Probably not
Lburt
Aug 14, 2012 Lburt rated it did not like it

I am sad to say I only got 50 pages into this book. I really wanted to like it even ignoring the fact that it's not very original. But it was the flatness of the characters and the constant changing of POVs that I just couldn't take anymore. Also the first chapter it's just full of werewolf history info dumping. I'd recommended downloading the free trial before commenting 3 dollars to this book.
May 17, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, paranormal
In the Dark leaps quickly into the world of Werewolves and shows you a side of our other favorite monster you've never met. Greyson manages to do for Werewolves what True Blood did for Vamps, gives them a fun, slightly campy yet always edgy, dark love story. It is a love letter to the wolves and fans alike, giving them the star-crossed tale this rarely realized genre deserves.
Tiffany
I didn't finish this book because i felt like i had read it already by several authors and frankly they did a better job of it. i will say that YOU should give this a book a shot. I will read another book by greyson because i believe he is really talented. this just wasn't the right one for me. good luck in future books because i do think that i will be an avid fan in the future.
Holly
Oct 05, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
I love the whole werewolf theme so this was right up my alley. The whole extra powers thing was really cool and I immediately looked to see if there is going to be a follow up book. The other guys need their own books! Pleasantly surprised, good action, romance, some mystery and great paranormal theme. Will be keeping an eye out for more from this author.
Clarke
Aug 17, 2012 Clarke rated it did not like it

I so badly wanted to love it. The story idea was great but the book was boring. I skimmed to the end. Everything was just too easy for the characters. In the end I just didn't care I just wanted it over with.
June
Oct 06, 2013 June rated it it was amazing
Really interesting book about shape shifters that turn into wolves, Good story and was hard to put down, Would recommend as I really enjoyed it.
Kathy Harrington
Apr 10, 2013 Kathy Harrington rated it really liked it
Shelves: were, adult
I really enjoyed this book. Lots of sarcastic humor (my favorite) and plenty of action.
Julianna
have read it before and it was just as good the second time! Highly recommended read:)
Stevie
Mar 03, 2013 Stevie rated it it was amazing
very good book hope she writes another one!
Shauna Loves Books
Shauna Loves Books marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Kyleigh
Kyleigh marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Jayla
Jayla marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Rebecca Hawes
Rebecca Hawes is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2016
Moa Bergsten
Moa Bergsten marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Maren
Maren rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Ublie
Ublie rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 07, 2016
Jeannie Kelley
Jeannie Kelley rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Thor Aegir
Thor Aegir marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Mar 02, 2016
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • Shifting Shadows (Sparks Collide, #1)
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Moon #10; Decorah Security #1)
  • Hunting Human (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • Forgotten Enemy (The Powers Of Influence, #1)
  • Daryk Hunter (Daryk World, #1)
  • For Their Happiness (Moonbeam Pack)
  • Change
  • Marked in a Vision
  • Flee (Aurora Lockette, #1)
  • Cat's Wolf (A Shifter Romance Novella, #1)
  • Enslaved in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #1)
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden, #1)
  • The Real Fling
  • Dark of kNight (kNight Series, #1)
  • The Flame Priest (The Silk & Steel Saga, #2)
  • Beyond The Mask (The Beyond, #1)
I am a new author, self published on Amazon. I was raised in the mid-West, went to college in New Orleans, and I currently live and work in California. My first book titled "In the Dark" is actually the first in a series set in New Hampshire, about a family of werewolves. It is a supernatural romance novel with an ensemble cast of characters. I hope you take the time to check it out, it is current ...more
More about Farleigh Greyson...