Start by marking “Graceland” as Want to Read:
Graceland

Graceland

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  27 reviews
"To get to "Love Me Tender," they'll have to shake things up. "

Kevin Fraser has a good life-a good job, good friends and a nursing degree within his grasp. There's not a lot of excitement to be found in Asheville, but so what? He doesn't need excitement. Or love, for that matter. Until a big man with an Elvis fixation and the voice to match shows up in his ER and changes h
Published July 3rd 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Graceland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graceland

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneFinding Zach by Rowan SpeedwellMexican Heat by Laura BaumbachCrossing Borders by Z.A. Maxfield
Best Gay Couple In Health and In Sickness
165th out of 268 books — 175 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
488th out of 606 books — 1,406 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenre
It's been a while since I've read a book by this author and this one looked interesting with its blend of themes containing not only an interracial romance but also a character who suffers from acute diabetes which has to be carefully monitored and controlled.

The story begins with Owen collapsing at work. He's rushed into hospital where it's discovered that he is suffering from diabetes - the disease that killed his mother. Kevin is a trainee nurse in the trauma unit who helps to calm Owen and a
Purplegirl
I would first like to give Ally Blue a high five for the beautiful cover art!

This story had several aspects that were different than other m/m stories and I appreciated and liked the differences. Both MCs were men of color (Owen was Cherokee and Kevin was African American), they were not perfect specimens of manhood, the story dealt with family issues involving racism and family member disapproval more so than the family being upset that Owen or Kevin were gay.

The story focuses on Kevin and Owe
Vicktor Alexander
Aug 28, 2012 Vicktor Alexander rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: matt, brad, katharina, adara, patty, lor, hollyrath, cherie, thorny, everyone
Wow. I could feel the emotions of these characters, the gripping fear, the heartbreak, the joy, the passion and the love, they oozed and bled off of every page. I laughed out loud and hell if I didn't cry at some parts.

Being both black and Cherokee Indian I was both excited and nervous about reading a book where one of the main characters is black and the other is Cherokee as there is still some hostility between Cherokee and Freedmen, but Ally handled it with grace, even discussing the tension
Chris
Very good m/m romance about a nursing assistant and a slightly overweight Elvis impersonator who isn't managing his diabetes very well. Definite bonus points for breaking out of the perfect white male mold of so many m/m romances - not only is the Elvis impersonator a bit overweight, he's Cherokee and the nursing assistant is black.
Shelby P
This was my first Ally Blue novel and it won't be my last. This book wasn't very long but it was a full-bodied story. You don't see much diversity in m/m romance so it was a pleasant surprise to read about a Cherokee man and black man finding love.

Usually in friends to lovers books the guys are already friends when we meet them. I liked very much that we got to see how Owen and Kevin meet and how they became friends first. The guys were pretty normal, average guys too. It was nice to see that O
Lisa J.
This is a pairing I don't read about every day in m/m romance: a black man and American Indian. Hooray, for diversity. It also had a few other unusual romance elements: Owen is an Elvis impersonator, he's described as having a "gut," and he's just been diagnosed with diabetes, a disease that killed his mother.

He meets Kevin, a nursing student, when he's rushed to the hospital. Kevin is the only one who is able to calm him down. They're immediately attracted to each other, but are hesitant to tak
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Two average normal guys, Owen is a Cherokee Elvis impersonator, works in his uncle's antique shop and Kevin is african-american nursing student from a very well to do family.
Kevin first sees Owen as Elvis in a club and then again the next day when he is brought into the ER and diagnosed with diabetes.
Owen is overweight and has a few bad habits but Kevin really likes him and they start as friends and progress slowly to lovers.
They both have a family member who is less than supportive of their
DL
I enjoyed the characters very much. Both were likable and normal, everyday men. It was rather nice reading about average people for a change. The men met and became friends before falling in love which was a breath of fresh air in this genre. I do so hate insta-love. The main issue the characters needed to overcome was prejudice which is never an easy topic. Amazing to me what constitutes a reason to dislike another person in some minds. Even in the minds of good people. The book did get up on i ...more
Natālija
Can't say anything bad about this book. I was deeply invested in the characters and was reluctant to say goodbye to them at the end. Recommended!
Susinok
4.5 stars. Owen Hicks is an overweight, diabetic, Cherokee Elvis impersonator. Kevin is an African American nursing student. To be together they have to overcome social pressures from family, financial differences, and Owen's inability to control his illness.
Lily
Very enjoyable story. I liked the storyline and the fact that the MCs aren't the usual gorgeous/perfect white males.
Yvonne
Ally Blue tries to tackle several issues with this story about a romance between a Native American Elvis impersonator and an aspiring nurse. Firstly despite the cover, Owen Hicks is not your typical male model type (Which makes the cover ridiculous). He's large, overweight, out of shape, has poor eating habits and as a result has diabetes. Secondly, Kevin Fraser is African American and comes from a wealthy background which causes friction between the two men's families.

What I liked about this s
Maxie
Graceland Ally Blue

Graceland written by Ally Blue, a story of two loving and caring gentlemen who quietly deal with their identity. Graceland's has a clearly defined plot, raising and falling action and resolution. The characters verbal exchanges are so fresh and uncensored which brings laughter, sorrow, and other emotions.

Ms. Blue key characters Kevin and Owen learn a great deal about the meaning of unconditional love. Lessons regarding developing self confidence and truly accepting yourself as
Sherry

It has been awhile since I read anything by Ally Blue after I overloaded on the Bay City books by reading them all back-to-back. (I know better than that!)

Kevin is a nurse who befriends Owen following Owen's trip to the ER. Their friendship becomes more despite the expressed misgivings of Owen's uncle and Kevin's mother.

Kevin and Owen are an engaging couple who seem aware of their differences and are okay with them. Their humor with each other is pithy and sarcastic without being mean
Lily
As I usually expect from Ally Blue, this is indeed a nicely written friends-to-lovers story. Even so, personally I could not become truly invested in the main characters' relationship. I did not understand Owen's thinking and how he continued to (view spoiler). Kevin was a mostly supportive presence, though his decision in the climax felt too forced and lacking in maturity especially since he had the professional ...more
Donnerhall
Graceland gets an extra star for the unusual MC's. Imperfect bodies, low income, Elvis impersonation, racial issues - I loved it all! The actual story had some dull points and is only worth about three stars, maybe less, but Owen and Kevin were incredibly interesting. I wish there were more realistic, contemporary m/m romance novels like this one. For example, did you know that gay men generally have lower income than straight men? You would never believe it with all the money many MC's throw ar ...more
Josephine Myles
Really sweet, quite slow-moving romance - but I don't mean that in a negative way. It felt like real life, and the characters were appealingly human, with a mix of endearing traits and flaws. Also, what is not to love about a Cherokee Elvis? I do have a weakness for Elvis impersonators, I must admit. And the King himself, naturally.
Page Crusherz
Enjoyable read. I liked that the MC's were very non traditional characters, but I still liked their chemistry. It took me a little longer to read than I thought it would, but I liked it. It wasn't very action oriented, and sometimes I didn't get the love, but overall, I liked it.
Meggie
This story was enjoyable enough, but at the end I didn't get the feeling of completeness. Both Kevin and Owen are interesting individuals and as a couple comical and pulling. But as I said, it felt unfinished.
Chelaeur
Mm, interesting. Enjoyed the medical aspect... I'm a nurse.... Not really an Elvis fan per say, but it was received. Needed more dimension out of Kevin and Owen, and the abrupt ending...
LDL
Sweet and slow, but that wasn't my disappointment with it. Somehow even though the story arc was complete it lacked the complexity and detail I needed to feel connected to the MCs.
J.D. Ruskin
I like the slow build up for the romance in this story. Having family members with diabetes, I felt the transition to learning how to cope with the disease was really well done.
Nichole (Dirty H)
Oct 07, 2012 Nichole (Dirty H) marked it as abandoned
Not sure about that blurb, but Ally's an auto-buy. She doesn't seem to release many books lately, so I'm excited!
Avril
Great read.
Gaa-chan
Ashley♥Alexis
Ashley♥Alexis marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • But My Boyfriend Is (Florida Books, #4)
  • Boats in the Night
  • Four Corners
  • True Colors (True Colors, #1)
  • Deadly Silence (Deadly Mystery #5)
  • Tattoos & Teacups (Tattoos, #1)
  • Undeniable Magnetism
  • Driftwood
  • Lessons in Desire (Cambridge Fellows, #2)
  • Blamestorming (EMS Heat, #15)
  • The Sound of Your Voice
  • Academic Pursuits
  • ePistols at Dawn
  • After Ben (Seattle Stories, #1)
  • Into the Bermuda Triangle (Turbulence, #1)
  • Winter Warmers
  • Love Ahead: Expect Delays
  • The Ghost on My Couch
Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big suggestively-shaped hat and rides in a bullet-proof Plexiglas bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and inspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her ...more
More about Ally Blue...
Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1) The Happy Onion Adder Untamed Heart Easy