Start by marking “Dammit!” as Want to Read:
Dammit!

Dammit!

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Escaping the past isn’t easy, especially when the scars left behind are a constant reminder that trust and love can hurt.

Michael McKnight knows what it means to be on the run from memories. Years ago, after fleeing an abusive relationship, he was brutally stabbed and left for dead. His only savior had been a compassionate stranger he’d only gotten a glimpse of before slipp
Published April 4th 2012 by Seventh Window Publications (first published March 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dammit!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dammit!

Simsala
After being told that the author felt publicly disgraced by my one-star rating and review plus following discussion thread I decided to delete the whole "drama".
This was the third time I got attacked for a 1 star review/rating by author,writer-buddies and/or friends.Of course they didn`t do it directly and/or personally....

I`m done!
No more one-star star ratings and trying to explain WHY I gave the low rating!
My fellow readers and friends have to find out for themselves...

Here`s the re-post of th
Td
To list everything I disliked about this book would take too much time and space. Let's just say that not even the complete suspension of disbelief or viewing it as an outrageous comedy helped. The story, the twists and turns were unbelievable, full of holes and inconsistencies that left a ton of unanswered questions in their wake. Not very much made sense.

The characters were over the top and not very likeable. Michael, especially, came across as an immature, annoying brat. There was even someth
M'rella
This. Was. Bad.

The story got completely out of control and the author was grabbing for straws (and rotten at that) to bring it to the conclusion.

To be fair, I loved most of the first chapter. It was funny and the majority of the events and people still made some kind of sense.

I can't say the same for the rest of the book. At one point I was wondering if I had missed a tag - "AU" or "dystopia" or "all shit on Earth has gone to hell" or something of the nature.

By the end of the book I realized no
Ryan Field
Before I get into anything else, I'd like to state up front this is a hard review to write because I don't want to give out any spoilers. But with "Dammit," Michele Montgomery had me surprised by her characters and the plot almost every time I seemed to think I had them all nailed down. In fact, the title of the book is perfect in more ways than one. Every time something took me by surprise I kept thinking, "dammit she did it again. I didn't see that one coming."

The book opens with an airport s
Leaundra
Calathea
Apr 26, 2012 Calathea marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: contemporary
DNF

After the brouhaha yesterday I wanted to give "Dammit!" a fair chance and see for myself what this book is about (see, even negative PR works real fine ), it's just that after having read through the first three chapters I still don't have an idea. It might be that the real story is going to begin with the fourth chapter, alas, I will not know. Neither style nor story convinced me to read on.
Rachel
Gave it two stars purely because the sample was good enough to lure me in. Unfortunately, that was the best part. The rest of the book had me skimming through pages and pages of dialog until I finally made it to the end.
Steph
I don't want to diss this book because it has a lot of potential, but I just did not care for how it was laid out. If there was a scale of 1-10 for WTF instead of stars, I would give it 9, because....yeah.
Andi Anderson
When I first started reading the book Dammit by Michele Montgomery, I had a feeling I was in for a real treat. I’ve read several books by Michele and I’ve loved every one of them. She has a way of really getting to the heart and soul of her characters, and she truly understands what makes her characters tick. They’re often humanly flawed people with wounded spirits, who are really just trying to survive in the big bad world in the best way that they can. Her characters are easy to like, even whe ...more
D.H. Starr
I have known Michele Montgomery for over a year as a chipper, energetic person and a fantastic reviewer, but reading Dammit! Was my first foray into learning about her as an author. In her book, she introduces us to a wide range of characters from lovable to evil, from the pillar of sincerity to a personality dripping with sarcasm, from dominant to submissive, and so on.

The story Dammit! centers primarily around two characters: Michael and Cash. Michael is a head-strong man who has had his fair
Elisa Rolle
So I’m working my backlog (finally!) and this is another of those novels I had in my reading list for a long time. Coincidences wanted I read this one soon after a completely different plot but with the same tune, cute character meets knight in shining armor. Michael is a little nerd young gay man, completely unaware of how attractive he is to other men probably exactly for that reason, that he is unassuming; other men can react to him in different ways, wanting to own him like he is a pretty ob ...more
Bebe Burnside
When Michael McKnight flies to Pittsburgh to help his cousin he has no idea what he is about to jump into. With a little help from his friends and a lot of trouble from his enemies Michael is determined to save his cousin and maybe just maybe prove something to himself. A fun story that keeps you turning the page even when it's past your bed time.
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Littlespelk
Littlespelk marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Donna
Donna added it
Aug 19, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Wesley Vance
Wesley Vance marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
1ella2
1ella2 marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Cliff Asher
Cliff Asher marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I live my life believing. I believe that all of us can do anything we want to do. I believe that each goal we set for ourselves can be met if we strive to meet that goal, no matter what bumps we have to jump over to attain it.

I don't believe in fear I believe in the power of love.

Fear has the power to stop me, to control me and lead me to failure.
Love has the power to guide me over the most dif
More about Michele L. Montgomery...
Caged (Lethal Obsession, #2) Tears From Above You Never Cared Tony & Ryan (Lethal Obsession, #1) River of Tears