Start by marking “Depois da Luz” as Want to Read:
Depois da Luz

Depois da Luz

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  171 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Desde que o marido de Susannah Cates foi preso, a vida tem sido uma luta constante para ela e a filha adolescente. Entre azares e receios do passado que teimam em reaparecer, tudo o que ela deseja é que o mundo volte a girar no seu eixo.
Preocupada com a infelicidade da mãe, Neve, de treze anos, decide tomar uma atitude. Não há como saber o que o destino lhes reserva, mas,
Published April 2010 by Porto Editora (first published October 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Depois da Luz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Depois da Luz

Anita
A fairly entertaining story about a topical subject, but the characters were two-dimensional and the plot predictable. I knew before I was a quarter of the way through the book what was going to happen. All the women are ravishingly beautiful, the men handsome and supportive. The heroine, Susannah, annoyed me intensely, as she was always looking for a man to admire and love her. She was weak and pathetic, and a terrible mother to Neve. Can't believe she would not have picked up on the signals he ...more
Marie
Bev Taylor
what would u sacifice for love?

susannah's husband was sent to prison and her life has been a struggle ever since trying to support herself an her teenage daughter, neve. 14 going on 40!

never then goes onto friends reunited and links to susannah's first love making out she is susannah, she then tells her mum and they have their first date.

however, what has she started?

susannah then lands a role as lead in a new soap and the story evoles.

fantastic charactets. her friend patsy, aunt, a past fri
The Cats Mother
Ceri
What would you sacrifice for love?

Susannah is married to Duncan, who is becoming known as a hot shot producer. Susannah is going to be starring in her first tv programme when she falls pregnant with Neve. Duncan develops a drug habit which spirals out of control and leads to the death of a young man for which Duncan spends 13 years in prison.

Left to bring up 13 year old Neve alone, Susannah is working all hours just too keep their heads above water but she’s sinking fast. Things have gotten so b
Babete
Jun 13, 2015 Babete marked it as to-read
(Feira do Livro 2015)
Irfaana
Interesting read, will keep you entertained with some very lively characters, although I must say that the lead character Susannah is a very lost soul, always needing a man around! poor thing, I think if she trusted herself and spent some time alone she would have more stable relationships. Besides, the girl on the cover is so ill represented by the character in the book.Nevertheless, an entertaining read!
IronyOnHighHeels
This book meant a lot of laughter but also a lot of heart wrenching moments. Taking up a subject that is so apparent in today's society but still silenced down if possible, because it's to painful thinking about it. But Susan Lewis was able to approach it in a way that still made you want to continue reading. All characters with an incredible strength to deal with the situation handed to them.
Andrea Howarth-Salazar
Although this book was easy to read and entertaining, I found the characters disappointingly shallow. Alan, for example - what were his motives for abusing a string of teenage girls? The plot was predictable and I feel that all of the characters lacked sufficient emotional depth.
MissTee
I wanted to like this book but, i just couldn't. I couldn't connect with the characters, and the plot was predictable. As soon as Alan was introduced, i knew what was going to happen which lead me to skipping pages to see if i was right, and i was.
Chrissi
This is quite a depressing read but addictive too. It touches upon a subject I didn't see coming. I was a bit disappointed with the ending, but won't mention more as I don't want to spoil it.
Lou Pearce
I thought this started off really good but the story seemed to be dragged out for longer than it should have, also thought the ending was pretty naff too. Dissapointed in this book.
Amanda
Monika
Easy read, quite predictable ending. Skimmed over the last couple of chapters but enjoyed the story as a whole
Linda
Susan Lewis is one of my favourite authors and I enjoyed this book very much.
Chel
Chel marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Nicola Ankers
Nicola Ankers is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Mic
Mic added it
Jun 22, 2015
Louise Mitchell
Louise Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Knittywittywoo
Knittywittywoo marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Grace O'Callaghan
Grace O'Callaghan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Sarah Roehrich
Sarah Roehrich marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • Singled Out
  • Dreaming of a Stranger
  • The Perfect Holiday
  • In My Sister's Shoes
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not (The Deadly Games Series, #1)
  • Brown Owl's Guide to Life
  • Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
  • Handbags and Halos
was born in 1956, in Bristol. My father was a Welsh miner, a poet, an engineer and a thinker. My mother was one of 13 children who, at 20, persuaded my father to spend his bonus on an engagement ring instead of a motorbike. We were a normal, happy, nuclear family, living in a spanking new council house on the outskirts of town – my mother’s pride and joy. But we were going to do better, my mother ...more
More about Susan Lewis...
No Child of Mine Don't Let Me Go Stolen Missing The Choice