Start by marking “The Dark Divide (Rift Runners, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Divide (Rift Runners, #2)

The Dark Divide (Rift Runners #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  228 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Time is running out for Ronan and his psychically-linked twin brother, Darragh. In two weeks, at the Autumn Solstice in their own reality, the Queen of the Faerie will transfer the Undivided power to the new-found heirs and the older twins will die. But Darragh is trapped in 2001 Dublin and Ronan in a reality where the Undivided are not Druids, but Shinto warriors. The twi ...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Voyager (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Divide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Divide

Shaheen
Following almost immediately from the end of The Undivided, The Dark Divide builds upon the rich and complex landscape Fallon created in the first book and introduces us to an alternate reality where the Japanese rule over much of the world (including Ireland). The brothers Ren and Darragh are divided; Darragh is trapped in our magic-poor world while Ren has been thrust into an alternate reality where he can be sentenced to death for merely existing.

The Dark Divide is immeasurably clever - the s
Lauren
Originally posted on Biele http://laurencella.blogspot.com.au/

Rating: 5/5

This book has been taunting me for a while. First, it came out in stores early but I had to wait for my pre-order to come in the mail. Secondly, when I got it, it was the last week of the uni term so I was far too busy to begin reading it. Finally, I wouldn't have put this book down if real life hadn't forced me to.

Yes, I loved this book that much and yes, I may have a writers crush on Jennifer Fallon. I have read all of he
Tsana Dolichva
Originally posted here: http://tsanasreads.tumblr.com/post/22...

The Dark Divide by Jennifer Fallon is the second book of the Rift Runners (trilogy, I think). The first book was The Undivided.

This is very much the sort of series where you can’t read book two without having read book one before it. The Dark Divide picks up more or less right where The Undivided left off. I don’t think I can say anything too specific about the plot without spoilers for the first book.

The story mainly follows Ren an
Anne Barwell
Book 2 of this series was as impossible to put down as the first one. Hoping book 3 comes out ASAP as the author has left this on several cliffhangers too.

In a book set in different realities, each one is thought out and realised complete with history. I like the changes between each reality, and some of the twists in the tale I suspected, others not so much. The characters are likeable and I'm particuarly enjoying seeing the way Ren is maturing and adapting to his situation, and in lots of ways
Danielle
I really enjoyed this book...particularly the last few chapters in which so much stuff happened. I liked that there were twists and turns in the storyline, and that most of the characters seem to have their own motives, which I think will make for an interesting book 3.

The only negatives I have to say is that the beginning dragged a bit. I felt like Fallon was trying to flesh it out before getting to all the good stuff at the end. In practically every chapter I was reminded that Darragh needed t
Newtown Review of Books
In a lively and informative prologue, which recaps much, but certainly not all, of Book One, The Undivided, we discover that Ronan and Darragh, the Undivided twins who are Druid princes and who can channel magic in special ways, were separated when young by Marcoy Tarth, the Faerie prince, for reasons of power, security and control. Darragh was raised in Faerie, or Tir Na nÓg, and is used to magic, but Ren Kavanagh, or Ronan, who was raised in Dublin in the human modern-day world by a celebrity ...more
Melanie

Intrigued enough to continue, but disappointing overall. Fallon is an amazing writer, but this series is flat and has little of the sophistication and wit of her earlier works, especially series like Second Sons and The Hythrun Chronicles. It almost reads like YA, but it hasn't been promoted as such - not sure if Fallon is simply taking her work in another direction, or if this is a series that - quite simply - isn't as good as her others. Lots of typos and grammatical issues in this too, but I
Swiftsea
Mixed emotions in discovering Darragh and Ronan are not the only one of their kind and that are numerous eifilem of undivideds. Relieved they survived the mid-autumn equinox but suspects this complications of the matriarchs and faeries suddenly changing motives, rather unsettling as it just gives all the more hints that it's going to result in an unsatisfactory and hollow-shelled ending as it did for the Tidelords.
I particularly enjoyed the individual experiences the twins had in their separate
Tracey
This one was much better than the first one in the series!
Eunice Biblioceraptor
May 12, 2012 Eunice Biblioceraptor marked it as to-read
The main male characters are hot. They are twins, so TWICE THE HOTNESS.
Shallowness aside, this series is like the holy-trinity of what I love in a good juvie book: fantasy - alternate reality - medieval society
And the rapier wit and manner of the twins is just an added bonus.
I am such a sucker for young-adult novels. Written in such an engaging and entertaining way, I like nothing better than books such as these to break up the intense uni readings I am forced to do.
Angela Raye
I can sum up this book in one word: "meh."

It's not bad per se... I just don't care. Which is a pity because I'm a huge fan of Fallon and so I had high hopes for this series. The first book was okay and I got the 2nd book as well, thinking "Maybe it'll get better..."

Well, I'm not impressed with this book and I am debating whether to even continue with the last book in the series.
David
Another excellent novel. A small continuity error (only noteworthy because I don't usually catch things like this) is the only thing that I can really point to as a flaw in the book. Fallon's taking this series in an interesting direction, killing off characters that I expected to die at the end, if at all, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what she does with this whole thing.
Michelle Smith
A cracker in this busy series. I think I even like it better than the first, which I have to say, rarely happens. The story goes deeper, and there are some amazing reveals at the end that felt like a nicely wrapped Christmas present. Will be coming back for the third. (is there only three?)
Donna
Not too bad. Glad Ronan has stopped being such a brat about things. Drags a little in places but otherwise okay. Figured out a few things before being told, which is always fun. Have a long wait til the last book though... Feb 2014.
Amy
I enjoyed this much more than the first. The Undivided felt like a really long first chapter introducing all the characters while this had some great story progression and I can't wait for Reunion to find out what happens next.
Kiri
I'm so disappointed by this series; while the first book was interesting enough the story went nowhere and by the third book only the fact that Jennifer Fallon was the author kept me reading.
Steph Philippe
Amazing. I had to take a break halfway through the book due to the revelation - wow! Had to digest the new info! Such a great book - cant wait for the last one!
Rochelle
Much, much, much better than the first, but still not the best book out there. Was enjoyable and am interested in where the story will finish up.
Emma Hoy
Fantastic series really enjoyed the two storylines of the undivided brothers
Kpayne
Well done Jennifer, again another Fantastic read. Can't wait for Reunion.
Carlie
better than the first book.
Sharen Baistow
Loved it very engaging
Ben O'meara
Ben O'meara marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Arlyne Chavez-estes
Arlyne Chavez-estes marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Lori Victory
Lori Victory marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
  • King's Wrath (Valisar, #3)
  • The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)
  • The Universe Parallel (Triad Of Being, #2)
  • The Spell of Rosette (Quantum Enchantment, #1)
  • Bridge of Swords (Empire of Bones #1)
  • The Heart of Stars (Rhiannon's Ride #3)
  • Dreamwalker
Fallon is the author of 17 full-length bestselling novels and a number of published short stories in genres ranging from horror to science fiction.

In addition to 4 complete fantasy series - The Demon Child trilogy, The Hythrun Chronicles, the Second Sons Trilogy,The Tide Lords Quadrilogy and the Rift Runners series - Fallon has written both a tie-novel and short fiction for the TV series, Stargat
More about Jennifer Fallon...
Medalon (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child Trilogy, #1) Treason Keep (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child Trilogy, #2) Harshini (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child Trilogy, #3) The Immortal Prince (Tide Lords, #1) Wolfblade (Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade Trilogy, #1)