Start by marking “Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Simmer (Midnight Fire, #2)

Simmer (Midnight Fire #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  2,058 ratings  ·  108 reviews
Slowly, like a whisper almost blown away in the wind, two words streaked across her mind: 'Kiss me.'

Kira may have survived the eclipse, but her troubles are far from over. She's headed to Sonnyville with one goal in mind: to learn more about her parents. But with Luke and Tristan competing for her heart and Diana gunning for her head, time is running out on the search for
Published April 3rd 2012 by Kaitlyn Davis

To ask other readers questions about Simmer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simmer

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMarked by P.C. CastCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareBlue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Best Teen Vampire Fiction
146th out of 332 books — 4,269 voters
When Pigs Fly by Bob SanchezThe Steward by Christopher  ShieldsLittle Mountain by Bob SanchezGetting Lucky by Bob SanchezDivorce Hotel by B.R.  Snow
Best Indie Books to Read in 2012
276th out of 974 books — 1,189 voters

More lists with this book...

NayNay
Once again Kaitlyn Davis gives us a top notch story, SIMMER is book two in the Midnight Fire series. The story takes Kira to Sonnyville where she goes to look for answers to what happened to her mother. While she is looking for answers and has her sights on destroying Diana, Luke and Tristan are there to help her. And of course, the love triangle continues.
I really like were this series is going. I like how the characters are growing and the storyline continues with easy flow and fast-pace acti
Kerry
I bought this book last night before going to bed. I woke up this morning and started reading, and could not stop! So, my husband is coming home to a messy house and no clean laundry today... Ms. Davis' books should come with a maid service.
Anyhoo, this story gets better and better. If you are looking for an engrossing series with a strong heroine and a couple of hot gentlemen vying for her attention, do yourself a big favor and pick up Ignite and Simmer.
Amanda
I recently read the first book in this series, Ignite, and while I had been disappointed with the unedited quality of it, I was interested in following the story through with Simmer.

I was pleasantly surprised by the change in quality between the two books. While the grammar and spelling weren't flawless in Simmer, the mistakes didn't distract me from the story.

I like the direction this series is going. While some parts were predictable and very typical of the genre, (view spoiler)
Heather Boustead
Simmer
Book Two of the Midnight Fire Series
By Kaitlyn Davis

Kira was born with a special ability she is able to harness the power of the sun and use it to defeat vampires. Kira travels with her guardian and best friend, Luke, to Sonneyville home of a large group of protector conduits to hopefully learn how to control at least half of her powers since she is the only person alive who was born to a protector and punisher the two factions within the conduit community. Once Sonnyville is attacked by
Corey
This is no Twilight copycat. I enjoyed this book more than Ignite (book 1). The only reasons for this is that it started fast and stayed exciting pretty much throughout the whole book. Also the writing and editing where better. In this story Kira has one thing and one thing only on her mind. Where is her mother and could she really still be alive? Kira is summoned by the council to Sonnyville, the conduit community that her mother is from. Luke her best friend is also from there and accompanies ...more
Jessica Salt
The book Simmer was a really good story. I like how her powers grew stronger. She learned to controlled them when she had killed Diana. It was awesome to see Diana beg for her life when Kira was killing her. She was real nasty bitchy vampire. I say she deserved to die. I did enjoy every moment of it. I know your Midnight Fire Series are way different from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga series. The only thing that reminded me of Twilight was when Kira falls for a vampire name Tristan. Her best f ...more
Luana
This book was way better than the first one I have to say.

The story developed better and the character emotions were not so dull. The plot progressed well and there was no inconsistencies or situations that made the characters seem stupid.

Kira! She is no longer afraid of her power and her character progressed a little. I love that she is a kick-ass girl that takes charge of her own emotions and is not afraid to get her hands dirty.

Tristan.. I think there is some things about him that we don't
Sousetsoso
TRISRAN IS JUST GXGJJOGSFVSFVADJOH ...more
Mary
I liked it enough, i just hate love triangles. I will probably read the next one and see who she chooses. But she better choose quick because i have no patience for stupidity.
Jamielee Prue
I liked this one better than the first! The characters matured some which I liked and more was explained about Kira, which was needed. I like all three main characters a lot and I like the whole love will prevail thing with her and Tristan but I can't help thinking that she will out grow that 'high school' romance and end up with Luke. IDK...like I said I like all three characters and it's kinda hard to honestly choose.
The Diana ending, shall we say, was a little anticlimactic but I have a feel
Brewer Community School
This book is about a girl who is a conduit or a person who can channel light and kill vampires. This is the second book in a four book series. It has action, mystery, romance in it. The first book leaves off with her graduating high school, and traveling to Sonnyville. She experiences the conduit life and the people. But during her stay she realizes she has to choose between her best friend and her boyfriend. This book was entertaining to me because of how the author wrote it she made it suspen ...more
Terisa
I enjoyed this book more than book 1. Mostly because none of it reminded me of another book. Kira also learns to really kick some butt!

Kira has survived the attack from Diana and her boys. She has been summoned by the council to go to Sonnyville, FL to meet with the council, learn their ways as well as to continue her training with Luke. When she first gets there though she is met with apprehension and fear by most because they do not know what to expect. During her first meeting with the counc
Cocktails and Books
I enjoyed this spin on the teenage vampire story. There were times when I had to remind myself not to compare it to other vampire stories, but it had enough of a unique twist that I could.

Kira Dawson finds herself starting a new school South Carolina her senior year of high school. She's not sure what to expect, after having spent seventeen years in New York City, but she finally living with her family, so she's giving it a try.

She immediately meets Luke, who makes it his personal mission to be
Brittany
* I was given a free copy of this book for review purposes. The review is based solely on my opinion and was not influenced by author or publisher.

In the second installment of the Midnight Fire series Kira is off to Sonnyville, the Protector colony in Florida. The council wants to see what she is made of and if, like the history books say, they have anything to fear from her existence.

Simmer is definitely a step up from Ignite in which the editing errors were numerous and they actually detracte
Emily
Kira continues her relationship with Tristan, while realizing that her friendship of Luke is slightly fractured when his feelings for her are revealed. Feeling like she is having losing her best friend, Kira focuses on her training and begins to realize her gift as a conduit is unparalled and that Luke seems to be her anchor. Kira finds herself embroiled in a vampire attack and following a lead in finding her mother, who others believe is dead.

Exciting series. Kira is a bit unpredictable and oft
Jessica Bierschied
SIMMER, by Kaitlyn Davis is the second installment of the Midnight Fire series that follows Kira on her journey to learn more about herself, her family and the things that go bump in the night. This installment is even more action packed and amps up the romance/steaminess as well!

First off, I would like to start by saying that from first novel to second novel was a huge difference. The quality and the writing improved greatly, so I must say I was impressed with Davis.

I love and hate how fast o
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

This is a mini review, as I did review of all 4 at once, so just giving my thoughts on them, in depth review is on book one.

I loved this book even more than the first one Ignite, I loved watching Kira mature and grow into her powers.

The relationships between her, Luke and Tristin are still going, won’t say much there.

Over all, a great continuation of the series. Love the cover on this one, more unique to the story, and looks cool. Much better than all the others.

5 out of 5 stars.

I highly recomme
Cat
Ah - this book really does simmer. While there is quite a bit of action regarding the vamps and the Protectors, the love triangle is really what got me.

My biggest hesitation about this book is that the heroine, Kira, doesn't overcome many (enough?) obstacles IMHO. She is just so powerful that she blows everyone else out of the...fireplace. She is literally unrivaled by anyone. Kira is pretty interesting in that she really takes everything to heart. Her "black sheep-ness" has really seeped in to
Maghon Thomas
And we’re getting even deeper. After everyone barely escapes in the last book with their lives, it’s time to meet half of Kira’s “people”. All the while trying to find her mom, dealing with crazy vampers, deal with new powers, and not to mention those to HAWT pieces of male lol! I absolutely loved this next installment! It’s fast paced, it’s a little heart wrenching, it’s full of action and suspense and it’s just gets better!

I’m seeing character growth in Kira, which I like, and I still feel tha
(I was given this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
This is book two in the ‘midnight fire’ series, and kicks off a few months after the end of book one – Ignite. **Warning: unavoidable spoilers for book 1 – Ignite**
Kira has recovered from her coma, and has had time to graduate from school. Now she’s going off to a conduit town to get in some training over the summer, to learn how to control her power, and to learn how best to use it when fighting vampires. Her best friend Luke who is als
Karissa Keith
I enjoyed it!
I personally believe the first book in this series smoothly transitioned into this one, without a lot of confusion like most series. I also feel like there's was the same amount of thrilling mystery, and suspense it just moved a little slower in this novel, but there was a lot more information that was added into this story Vs.The last one so its suspected.
* I feel caught in the middle of this love triangle myself! I can totally understand why she likes Tristan, he's dark, handsom
MadLoveBookBlog
This second book has not been bad but slow.

While I was reading, my subconscious was telling me”something is wrong here” I’ve heard her quite a few times and I don’t know why it took me a while to finally recognize my discomfort.
First of all, as I said before in my short review of “Ignite” the story is nothing new…which I can understand since many minds can think alike hence, the similarity on the story give or take different situations but very similar plot.

However, this is not where my uneas
Raina {The LUV'NV}
** WARNING: Spoilers of book one **

Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Mini review:
Simmer picks up a few months after Ignite , and we get the Protector Conduit community! Kira flies down to Sonnyville with Luke to learn how to control her power and to learn more about her parents. But she doesn't know how the community will take her half-breed status, even though they're Protectors—the segment of the Conduits who vied for her life when the other segment, the Punishers, wanted to kill her, and still mig
Crissy
“Simmer” picks up right where “Ignite” leaves off. Kira and Luke travels to Sonneyville where she will train and learn the ways of the Conduits. It isn’t long before she realizes there’s more in Sonneyville than training. She meets someone; it’s an unexpected surprise that leaves her hurt in more ways than one. Tristian is still trying to find Diana and when trouble comes to Kira in Sonneyville it’s up to her to help protect the conduits and their family members that are in danger because of her ...more
Liz at Fictional Candy

Simmer starts with Kira packing for “conduit boot camp” as she calls it, a few months after Ignite ends. Luke and Kira are going to Sonnyville for a couple months. Of course, Tristan can’t go. I mean, it is a whole town of vampire killers. So instead Tristan is going to hunt down Diana. Right away I am saddened by Kira and Tristan’s goodbye. I just don’t want them to be apart. When you get a couple you really like, you want them to be together. And besides, at this point, I’m not entirely sure I
Nancy Bout
I am now going into book 3... Blaze! This series has me wondering what is happening to Kira's mom and now Kira and Tristan are heading to Aldrich house... A part of me feels awful for LUKE!
I LOVE LUKE and I can't believe Diana and every single thing that is happening with this series!
It's Fun,takes you into a paranormal world of romance,fun,fear,power onwards to a new level each book.. A darker level!
Great series like I said,if you are a twilight fan you'll definitely love this!
Nikki May
This one was a better book than the previous due to the characters strong characteristics coming out the way you saw the characters grow and build upon what you already knew about them was great to read and was like watching a film more than reading a book, the scenes that were set were crystal clear, emotions portrayed really well through all the characters and finally Kira wasn't a damsel in distress she was growing in confidence and using her new found powers I can only expect the next book t ...more
Chrissy Giffin-kuhle
While I've been enjoying this series so far, I didn't think this installment was exciting enough for me. I was hoping for some huge advancements in the story, and although there were nice action scenes and new characters, there was really no big payoff at the end of the book. I will still move on the next part of the series, though.

There are a ton of grammatical and spelling errors in this series. I can deal with an occasional typo or missed comma, but there is a lot of misuse between the words
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Simmer is the second book in the thrilling Midnight Fire Series.

I'm so excited that Kaitlyn asked me to do follow up review with Simmer. I really enjoyed reading Ignite and was really looking forward to following Kira into the next part of her story.

You want action? Check.
You want a steamy kiss or two? Check.
You want vampires? Check.
You want some hot guy competition? Check.

I'm telling you, Simmer was good. I'm loving Kira's conduit power and her link with Luke. Just not saying anymore there bec
Lenore Webb
I had to finish reading Kaitlyn Davis book Simmer. This is the second book in her trilogy of Kira. The first one, Ignite, I finished last night. Kaitlyn Davis introduced us to Kira and her back story there. We met Luke and Tristen too. But best was that we were let on to the secret world of conduits and the vampires they rally against. Kaitlyn set up a different set of rules that vampires live by. They can live in sunshine and do not eat the blood of animals. But they also have to be wary of the ...more
  • Kindled (The Kindred, #3)
  • Unattainable (Affliction, #2)
  • Witchcraft (Witchblood, #2)
  • Rogue Wave (The Water Keepers, #2)
  • Fire with Fire (Demonblood, #2)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy
  • Stolen (Stained, #2)
  • Enchant Me
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Punished (Arelia LaRue, #2)
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix
  • Retribution (Redemption, #3)
  • Uncertainty (Gravity, #2)
Bestselling author Kaitlyn Davis writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her Goodreads author page for Kay Marie here: https://www.goodreads.com/Kay_Marie

Always blessed with an overactive imagination, Kaitlyn has been writing ever since she picked up her first
More about Kaitlyn Davis...

Midnight Fire (4 books)
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • Blaze (Midnight Fire, #3)
  • Scorch (Midnight Fire, #4)
Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1) Blaze (Midnight Fire, #3) Scorch (Midnight Fire, #4) The Shadow Soul (A Dance of Dragons, #1) The Complete Midnight Fire Series (Midnight Fire, #1-4)

“Kira... the Flaming Tomato” 3 likes