Start by marking “Danburgh Castle” as Want to Read:
Danburgh Castle

Danburgh Castle

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Lord Robert, Norman ruler of the most north-easterly region of England, spares the life of Emma, the pregnant widow of an Anglo-Saxon rebel. When his wife dies in childbirth, he asks Emma to become nurse to his own child at Danburgh Castle.

On arrival at the castle, Emma discovers that the widowed Lord Robert is already promised to Fiona, the daughter of a Scottish thane. T
Published April 2nd 2012 by Amazon Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Danburgh Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danburgh Castle

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Apr 16, 2012 Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ by: Catherine Chapman
A wonderful medieval short story. I really enjoyed this short read. Very well written and kept my attention the whole way through. I had been wanting to read some her work and this was a great way for me to do so.
I liked this one more than I thought I would, considering its short length. Regardless, the length really doesn't matter as long as I get a more than satisfactory ending. It was a pleasant enough read for me.
A wonderful charming medievel tale that was fast paced & keep my interest in the short novella. Was wonderfully written and fun read.
Karen (Kew)
I found this to be a pleasant short read. It is a sweet romance set in Norman Britain with a touch of melodrama.
A good quick read.
Emma has just lost her husband. Newly married and pregnant, she now finds her self destitute and back living with her family. But rescue comes in the form of Lord Robert, a new widower himself, who hires her to be a wet nurse for his son.

This story was not what I was expecting. For one thing it was incredibly short. It also lacked depth. This might be, in part, due to the lack of length in the story. I enjoyed the story, but it felt hurried. There was so much that could have been done with this
Sweet story
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Cindy Feldhiser
Cindy Feldhiser marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
KH added it
Mar 11, 2015
Pingla Mureau
Pingla Mureau marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Anna Lundblad
Anna Lundblad marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Tonda Needham
Tonda Needham marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Jenny Foshia
Jenny Foshia marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Jennifer C
Jennifer C marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Nicola marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Trea marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Catherine Chapman
Jan 12, 2014 Catherine Chapman added it  ·  (Review from the author)
UK Book Club: Danburgh Castle - Free on Smashwords 1 5 Dec 09, 2013 04:44AM
I'm a writer of women's fiction and romance. My longer works have been described as quirky romances and accessible character fiction, and my writing style has been said to be filmic. I also write shorter fiction in the genre of historical romance.

My books are available from Smashwords, their retailers and Amazon.

'Brizecombe Hall,' 'Kitty' and 'High Sea' are novelettes set in Regency and Victorian
More about Catherine E. Chapman...