Start by marking “De strijd van de stamhoofden (Asterix, #7)” as Want to Read:
De strijd van de stamhoofden (Asterix, #7)

De strijd van de stamhoofden (Astérix #7)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,542 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews
When the Romans persuade a Gaulish chief to challenge Vitalstatistix to single combat, no one worries much. But then a flying menhir hits Getaflix and he no longer remembers how to make his magic potion. Can Asterix help restore Getaflix’s memory?
48 pages
Published 2002 by Hachette (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about De strijd van de stamhoofden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De strijd van de stamhoofden

Jackie
Nicht alle Gallier setzen sich der Romanisierung entgegen, manch einem Gallier gefällt die römische Lebensweise sogar ausserordentlich gut, wie beispielsweise dem gallorömischen Häuptling Augenblix.

description

Auf der anderen Seite stehen diejenigen Gallier, die sich gegen die Römer stets zur Wehr setzen. Übrig ist jedoch nur ein einziges Dorf in Gallien, welches nicht erobert ist – für die Römer natürlich ein Dorn im Auge. So kommt es, dass sie einen neuen Plan aushecken: Der römerfreundliche Augenblix sol
David Sarkies
Mar 06, 2014 David Sarkies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody wanting a good laugh
Shelves: comedy
So, the Romans did have psychologists
28 September 2012

Well, after reading a very heavy book on the Vietnam War I decided that I needed something lighter, a lot lighter, to read so that my brain simply did not fry, so I grabbed the Asterix Omnibus from under my bed (I am progressively collecting them and reading these albums again because that are one of those books that I simply loved as a child and as a adult I still gain immense amounts of pleasure from reading them) and read this one (there
Helmut
Apr 02, 2013 Helmut rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Ein Schlag auf den Kopf erhöht das Denkvermögen...

...oder auch nicht. Gerade, als man den Dorfdruiden am meisten braucht, erleidet er einen Unfall, der ihn in einen sabbernden Verrückten verwandelt. Durch einen perfiden Plan der Römer soll das nun geschwächte Dorf endgültig unter die Knute der römischen Verwaltung gezwungen werden, und ein Gallo-Römer soll dabei helfen.

Goscinny und Uderzo schaffen es immer wieder, neue, verrückte und einmalige Charaktere in dieser Reihe zu erschaffen. Vom dauers
Matti Karjalainen
Asterix sieltä parhaasta päästä.
Leonardo
Sep 09, 2010 Leonardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leonardo by: Cecilia
Hilarious and witty, with clasic band dessinnée art, this is one of Astérix and Obélix's adventures which I had missed so far. Of course, having the invincible Gauls being unable to resort to their magic potion was a classic gag from the series, but the way in which it's achieved in this issue is quite clever and allows for the Druid's less serious side to shine forth. Lots of menhirs, Roman-bashing, and sheer joy.
Amalie
It's highly unlikely that I'm going to rate any of Asterix less than 4 stars. It's not being biased, just honest. As I say, when I was little I enjoyed the cartoon pics and funny fights and all, now as an adult I enjoy the historical illusions, puns and the antics. For example, the name of the druid who specialize in mental cures: Psychoanalytix. :P
Shreyas
May 27, 2016 Shreyas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was the first Asterix that I read as a kid so it was pretty fun revisiting it. The puns are so much funnier as an adult, historical context and all.
Krishna Kumar
May 01, 2015 Krishna Kumar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite Asterix stories. It is the first one that puts a significant part of the action in the Gaul village, though it still doesn’t bring many of the villagers, other than Chief Vitalstatistix, into prominence. There is no adventure, but instead a sinister plot to use an Gaul custom “The Big Fight” to conquer the Gaul village. The Romans’ Plan A does not work as expected, but with a little accident from Obelix’s menhir, Plan B goes into effect and it seems that our Gauls are ...more
Tim Roast
Sep 26, 2014 Tim Roast rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the seventh Asterix adventure and possibly one of the best.

There is one village in Gaul that holds out against Roman rule. The Romans hatch a plan. "There's one custom that might come in very useful... it's called THE BIG FIGHT!" The big fight happens when the chief of one village wants to take over another village. He challenges the chief of that village to a big fight, like a boxing match, and the winner takes charge of the other's village. The Romans line up "collaborator and as colo
Chris
Because of a discussion over on the To Be Read Mountain, I've been re-reading the Asterix books that I have. They hold up pretty well.

I'm not sure why I gave this two stars, so I am changing it.

Watch out for flying Menhirs!

Asterix is great because (1) funny (2) adult level and a child's level (3) you can see him when you watch the French national team (4) Dogmatix.

The books are laugh out loud funny.
Bruce
Jul 15, 2010 Bruce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asterix the Big Fight – the Romans have a Gaulish chieftain-collaborator challenge Chief Vitalstatistix to a winner-takes-all bare-knuckle brawl… and Getafix is out of magic potion! Terrific send up of proxy warfare (to say nothing of professional wrestling)
Neville Ridley-smith
May 15, 2013 Neville Ridley-smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This was a good one. There's real tension in the story as things escalate and the resolution is very satisfying. Be sure to check out these annotations to pick up on all the puns and references http://asterix.openscroll.org/books/a... For example Cassius Ceramix - Ceramics can be made from Clay - ie Cassius Clay, ie Mohammad Ali
Joseph R.
The Romans want to take advantage of an ancient Gaulish custom--if a chief can beat another chief in unarmed combat, the winning chief becomes the ruler of the loser's village. They find the ambitious and tough Cassius Ceramix of Linoleum to fight another chief. Once he agrees they tell him he is to fight Vitalstatistix. Ceramix is afraid but the Romans decide to capture or kill Getafix, the druid whose potions make Vitalstatistix have superhuman strength. They comically fail but Obelix nails hi ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 29, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Obelix is the main cause of problems in this story where he hits the druid Getafix with a menhir (a big stone) and causes him to lose his memory of how to make the magic strength potion. Meanwhile, the Romans want a pro-Roman chieftan to fight Vital Statistix, the chieftan of the tribe Asterix is in, to take over that tribe.

There's a funny explanation of what a straw vote is, and on another page a parody of the song about John Brown's body in the grave.

They get another druid to try to cure Geta
Steef
Jun 10, 2014 Steef rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strips, nederlands
One of what I consider to be proto-Asterix albums, as they hadn't found their top form yet by then.

I believe this episode appealed to me the most as a kid, with all the potions and explosions. Pretty decent album.
Matthew Hunter
I'd never read the adventures of Asterix and Obelix before I began going through the series this past autumn. As a younger reader, I would've loved the Looney Toons-ness of the chaotic fights, the red-faced yelling to emphasize points, and the spinach-is-to-Popeye feel of the druid potion for the indomitable Gauls. Now, I'm drawn by the historical references, pun-filled language, and general light and humorous tone. This series offers plenty for readers of any age.

Goscinny's great; Uderzo's grea
Vanja Antonijevic
Jan 07, 2008 Vanja Antonijevic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This seventh Asterix is the first that I have read, and it got me completely hooked.

The story, according to Wiki:

"The Romans have once again been humiliated by the Gauls. Felonius Caucus, right hand man of Centurion Nebulus Nimbus, head of the fortified camp of Totorum, suggests a Big Fight. This is a Gallic tradition where two Gallic chiefs fight and the winner becomes leader of both tribes.

To fight Vitalstatistix, chief of Asterix’s tribe, the Romans enlist a Gallo-Roman collaborator, Chief C
Manuel Chiofi
Stavolta il villaggio corre un grosso rischio: Epropriounbelgallix ha sfidato Abraracourcix è quel che è peggio Obelix ha colpito per sbaglio Panoramix con un menhir facendogli perdere il senno! Come faranno i nostri amici a proteggere il villaggio senza pozione magica?
Avventura casalinga dei nostri amici che affronta un tema politico e spinoso: il collaborazionismo. Per la prima volta poi il capo villaggio ha una parte importante nella storia, mentre Obelix è sempre più goffo.
Coenraad
Dec 24, 2014 Coenraad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Die verhaal waarin Asterix se dorpie byna-byna sy onafhanklikheid verloor, word in hierdie vertaling deur Sonya van Schalkwyk-Barrois net so kleurryk as die illustrasies. Haar keuse van karaktername is kostelik: ontmoet die hoofman-oor-honderd Sabbatsrus met die enorme stem; die legioensoldaat Gladnilus; die druïde Onthounix; en die Gallo-Romeinse hoofman Disvimygrix! Soos in die vorige vertalings buit sy die Afrikaanse taalidioom deeglik uit sodat 'n mens al giggelend voortlees. Die res van die ...more
Linda Hall
May 28, 2014 Linda Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Vasco Ribeiro
Jan 03, 2015 Vasco Ribeiro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in2014
No campo Babaorum os Romanos definem uma estratégia para conquistar a pequena aldeia: Usando uma velha tradição Gaulesa, um chefe de uma aldeia desafia o chefe de outra aldeia e assim o vencedor passa a chefiar as duas. Os Romanos conseguem o concurso de um chefe Galo-Romano, Aplusb0égalix ou seja um Gaulês romanizado para desafiar Assurancetourix. Entretanto o druida Panoramix teve amnésia porque levou com um menir de Obélix na cabeça e por isso foram procurar outro druida (precursor das consul ...more
Frederick Tan
Jan 25, 2016 Frederick Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
The rival chief Ceramic has gone over to the other side(Roman). As both druids are fighting it out to see who is the better druid, a big fight is sure to be at hand.
Knut Sigurd
Dec 11, 2015 Knut Sigurd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd
Det er verkeleg mange år sidan eg las denne på norsk, men det var eit hyggeleg gjensyn. Skal tru om ikkje det er her teiknestilen og paletten har funne den endelege forma si?
Azreena Shah ⚡
Abundantly loved the amusing puns and jokes! I was enthralled to see the sticky situation the Gauls were in without the druid Getafix's magic potion.
Denim Datta
very funny story. read this in school days first, in bengali. and discovered now that it doesn't loose a bit now.
Saint No Stopping Us

Six out of ten. CBR format.

A menhir accident makes Getafix lose his memory. With the village unprotected without Getafix's magic potion, the Romans have a plan...

Rashmi
May 24, 2011 Rashmi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jerome
Apr 24, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A loudmouthed and slow-witted centurion and his manipulative aide concoct a scheme to challenge the vain Vitalstatistix to boxing match with the brash, arrogant, and childish chief (Cassius Ceramix, a pun on Cassius Clay) of another village. The Romans then plan to capture Getafix; they comically fail but Obelix screws thing up at the last minute, which has an important impact on the plot.

Humorous and interesting.
Vaishnavi
One of the best Asterix Comic I've read! Was laughing out loud quite often, must say.
Edward Davies
Aug 24, 2015 Edward Davies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely one of my top five Asterix books. One of the most memorable as well.
  • Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25)
  • Land of Black Gold (Tintin, #15)
  • The Complete Guide To Asterix
  • Un Gaffeur Sachant Gaffer (Gaston Classique, #7)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...

Astérix (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Astérix #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)
  • Asterix and the Chieftain's Shield (Asterix, #11)