Start by marking “Prom Date” as Want to Read:
Prom Date

Prom Date (Point Horror)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  9 reviews
As prom approaches, a killer targets the most popular girls in school
Margaret Dunne’s afternoon job at her mother’s dress shop is usually tranquil, but in the weeks leading up to prom, her work is nonstop. She wouldn’t mind helping the popular girls try on dresses if she had a date too, but boys hardly look at Margaret. After a particularly grueling day taking abuse from t
Published March 27th 2012 by Open Road Media YA (first published May 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Prom Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prom Date

Sati Marie Frost
Oh good Lord, a later Point Horror that's actually really good. Blessed be!

Excuse me, I'm being facetious. I'm just so happy, though. I've certainly noticed - and I'm not the only one, this is something I see echoed in just about every Point Horror blog I've read - that the later PH novels are just, well, not great. Some of them are memorable, with wild plots often involving supernatural stuff, and a handful are excellent - The Stranger comes to mind (although that's not a great example, I have
Leah
Sep 03, 2012 Leah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teen fans of softcore dark fiction
Rating: 4 of 5

Prom Date was among the many Point Horror books I read in the 90s, between the ages of 12 to 16. In those days, when I wasn't buried in a Stephen King novel, nine times out of ten I was reading L.J. Smith, R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike, Caroline B. Cooney, or Richie Tankersley Cusick. Their novels always thrilled and entertained, and yes, there was a healthy dose of jumps and creepies.

Nowadays, I'd recommend the Point Horror books for younger 12- to 15-year-olds, who want to dip t
Alex
I've recently been re-reading a lot of my favorite childhood horror books, and this is probably the best one so far. Thank goodness my library is carrying some of them as e-books now, since they purged all of the hard copies! I'm having a lot of fun with these trips down memory lane.

I love that I had no idea who the killer was, even though I had read this before. (view spoiler)
Kylie
Poonam
Really enjoyed this book. The author kept us guessing with all the twist and turns but I was able to guess the culprit due to the small hints the author kept dropping.
Stefanie
Really good, I liked that it was longer than most Point Horror, I liked that Mitch liked Margaret because he thought she was interesting. I also liked that there were so many possibilities for who was doing it, I like books that make me think and keep me guessing. Even though I've read it before it still surprised me who the culprit was and the ending... So creepy and weird but so fitting.
Sian Wadey
Prom Date by Diane Hoh

This is a massive guilty pleasure book for me. I don't know what it is that stuck with me, because it's not an amazing book, it's not amazingly written, the plot is alright and the characters are your typical teenage girls, yet I keep coming back to this book time and time again.
Robyn Drummond
A little bit longer than the other Point Horror books. but left room for a lot more intrigue.
Kathleen
Good one! I loved it! Deffenately a recomandation!! Kept me guessing till the ending..
Georgina
Georgina marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Susan L Lewis
Susan L Lewis is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2015
Nihal Samy
Nihal Samy marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Luciiespirit
Luciiespirit is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2015
Shauna
Shauna marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Sinead
Sinead added it
Mar 29, 2015
Rodrigo
Rodrigo marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Priyaadharsinee
Priyaadharsinee marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Steff
Steff marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
She Reads
She Reads marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Amanda Clement
Amanda Clement marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Tina Fisher
Tina Fisher marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Betsy Dennis
Betsy Dennis marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Kirby Legaspi
Kirby Legaspi marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Diary
  • Help Wanted
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Mummy
  • The Dead Game (Point Horror)
  • The Ripper
  • The Stranger
  • The Yearbook
  • The Watcher
Diane Hoh is the author of fifty-seven novels for young adults. She grew up in Warren, Pennsylvania but currently resides in Austin, Texas. Reading and writing are her favorite things, also gardening and grandchildren.
More about Diane Hoh...

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Prom Dress
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • The Baby-Sitter II (Point Horror, #17)
  • The Babysitter IV
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
Titanic: The Long Night Funhouse (Point Horror, #9) The Invitation (Point Horror, #20) The Accident (Point Horror, #16) Remembering the Titanic