Start by marking “The Accident” as Want to Read:
The Accident

The Accident (Point Horror)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  561 ratings  ·  31 reviews
On the eve of her “sweet sixteen” birthday, a girl meets a ghost with a tragic past
Megan Logan’s sixteenth birthday party is in eleven days, and she still doesn’t have a date. For months she’s been secretly in love with her best friend, Justin, but she’s afraid to tell him how she feels. By the time her party starts, though, boys will be the last thing on her mind.While Me
Published March 27th 2012 by Open Road Media YA (first published March 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Accident, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accident

Rae Ganci Hammers
Read my copy to shreds as a kid. Held up as well as I expected for a nostalgic re-read. Oh, I just 'heart' middle-school horror. <3
Michelle Toy
5 out of 5 Point Horror Book Stars!

(I rate these books compared to other Point Horror Books Only)

I read this as part of the #pointhorrorbookclub that I run monthly!

You can read the post here

This is more of a discussion than a review with highlighted areas of the book and has a comedy feel to the discussion to. Please be aware that as this is a discussion there will be spoilers.

Want to know more about #pointhorrorbookclub - check this out http://talesofye
Kristina Morris
WOW~ A short read that captures the reader instantly! This book has action, adventure, romance, mystery, and ghosts! It's about a girl (Megan) who comes in contact with a shy ghost (Juliet) who wants nothing more than to celebrate the 16th birthday she never got to have. Megan has the opportunity to help this spirit have her dream before passing into the afterlife, but if she does help her, what will it cost her and will she ever be the same again? So much fun! I have students fighting over this ...more
Sati Marie Frost
This was one of my childhood favourites. Reading it again, I'm not quite sure how to feel about it.

I think I'd have liked it better if I'd read it under a different imprint, at a different time. It's not really a horror story, more of an urban fantasy, and as I'm reading these books in October (Halloween season!) horror and crazed killers are what I want. In addition, I came to this one off the back of Trick or Treat, so anything was bound to be a disappointment.

That said, it is a nice book. Th
read when i was around 11 and thoroughly enjoyed, but most probably would have different opinion now but nonetheless it was good enough for 11 year old me:--)
Yuri Chan
I'm not gonna lie. When I first looked at the cover I thought it was just another cheesy R.L.Stine ripoff... but, man, was I wrong. I really liked it.
Another fun Point Horror re-read.

It's pretty obvious from the get-go that (view spoiler) but I enjoyed it anyway.

Fun to read if a bit predictable, but it's aimed at young youths so not to suprised by that. Great nostalgic read.
Sara L.
This is not a genre that would usually interest me. I came across it on the library website and checked it out. I've been trying new genres lately and this did NOT disappoint! I was drawn in and could NOT put it down!

This book had incredible suspense, lovable characters, and intense plot. Reading YA as a parent makes me look at them through multiple lenses: my own perspective when I was a young adult, what I would think about my future Jr. High/High Schooler reading it, and my perspective as an
The reason I had gotten this book in the first place was was because it seemed like a really good horror book. In the end it was a great book but I would have preferred it to be a little more scary. Nothing really bad happens in the end or in the middle... or in the beginning. No deaths, just a lot of people getting mysteriously hurt. I liked the writing and it was a fun short read, just wished it had actually scared me a little.
A quick and easy read. Megan was a moron and the end was rather cliche and rushed but it was ok.
I finished it in a state of indifference and in a few months, I probably won't remember it.
This book was great, and properly freaked me out for a while! I found myself avoiding the mirror as much as possible while i was reading this book because it just felt so real! You know its a good book when it makes you feel like you're there!
A middle school favorite.
Couldn't remember the title or author for years because I read it when I was so young, but the story has stuck with me to this day.
I'm afraid to read it again because I know I'll have a different view of it now.
Quick review for this as I didn't read it in English, but in French.

The main thing that bothered me about this book was Marianne's (her name is Marianne, not Megan in French) decisions.

With that, I leave two stars.
Emma Meade
Loved this book when I was a kid. Re-read it today, 15 years later and it's as good as I remembered.
Eerie, haunting and original. Would you exchange places with a ghost hanging out in your bedroom mirror?
I absolutely LOVED this book! I spent 5 years looking for it again but I couldn't remember the name. We have finally been reunited and I absolutely still love it. A great read. I would recommend it to anyone
Vanessa Kross
Once I started this, I could not put it down! Quite literally, I was reading and walking and nearly bumped into my husband because I didn't realize he'd stopping walking!
Yet another great book by Diane Hoh. This is a book where you'll be able to guess the killer but still enjoy the book.
Bit weird... But overall not bad. Certainly not one of my favourites though.
One of the books that inspired my writing when I was younger.
Cupof Tea
"Cool" was my best one word description of this book in junior high.
Robyn Drummond
A very good story! Imagine being trapped like that. Such a good idea!
Mar 21, 2013 Naa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i will like to read this book cos is very interesting
not really good; breezed through the whole book.
One of my childhood favorites.
Totally creepy - but a classic!
Rachel Verna
Mirrors are not to be trusted ever.
This was my favourite at the time.
i have not rede it yet
RDNG 636 Fall 2015: The Accident 1 3 Nov 07, 2015 06:57PM
What's The Name o...: spirit in a mirror. possibly YA [s] 13 78 Feb 26, 2013 01:42PM
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)
  • Hit And Run (Point Horror, #26)
  • The Phantom
  • The Cheerleader (Point Horror, #18)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Point Horror, #13)
  • Dream Date
Diane Hoh is the author of fifty-seven novels for young adults. She grew up in Warren, Pennsylvania but currently resides in Austin, Texas. Reading and writing are her favorite things, also gardening and grandchildren.
More about Diane Hoh...

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Prom Dress
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • The Baby-Sitter II (Point Horror, #17)
  • The Babysitter IV
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)