Start by marking “Franklin and the Tooth Fairy: Read-Aloud Edition” as Want to Read:
Franklin and the Tooth Fairy: Read-Aloud Edition

Franklin and the Tooth Fairy: Read-Aloud Edition (Franklin the Turtle)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In this Franklin Classic Storybook, our hero discovers that, unlike most of his friends, he doesn’t have teeth, and worries that he’s missing out on the Tooth Fairy’s magical visits.

This fixed-layout ebook, which preserves the design and layout of the original print book, features read-along narration by the author as well as music and sound effects.
Published July 26th 2011 by Kids Can Press (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Franklin and the Tooth Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Franklin and the Tooth Fairy

Margo Martin
In the book Franklin and the Tooth Fairy Franklin sees that bear keeps his tooth after losing it and is very confused. Franklin does not have any teeth, so his friends have to explain the tooth fairy to him, and tell him about how she leaves presents because you are growing up. That night, Franklin leaves a small white rock under his pillow and writes to the tooth fairy, but the next morning he gets a note back saying nice try, but turtles don’t have teeth. However, Franklin then sees a big pres...more
Courtney Kilbourn
I like this series of books for two reasons: they made a television show out of it so kids can see both the book and video version and the first page of each story is the same. The repetition gives the kids something to remember and look forward to. I like this particular book because it makes losing teeth an exciting thing. Also, I found it very important for kids to believe in something like the tooth fairy at a young age so I also like the book for encouraging that.
Shannon McGee
At first my thoughts of this book was that it wasn’t that good but now I think of it more fondly.

Franklin and his innocence of not knowing of the tooth fairy because turtle do not have teeth. His friend Bear looses his first tooth to make room for his growing up teeth. To Franklin this is a sign that Bear is growing up. So if Franklin does not have teeth how can he ever grow up. That is the dilemma that Franklin asks his parents.

There were some different and creative tooth fairies in this book...more
Lyndsay M
I think this book would be the most appropriate from kindergarten to second grade. All of these grades could be highly engaged with a story that is about the tooth fairy. Depending on the reading level of the students, first graders would be able to read this book. It could be challenging for kindergarten, or a starting place for second graders.
Holly Chapman
This book does a great job of teaching about diversity. Franklin's friend Bear loses his first tooth and Franklin realizes he doesn't have any teeth so the tooth fairy can't bring him any gifts. Franklin is sad all day at school and when he gets home he tells his parents he wants teeth. That night Franklin finds a pebble outside that resembles a tooth and puts it under his shell. In the morning he finds a note from the tooth fairy saying nice try but she knows turtle's don't have teeth. At break...more
Jasmine Robinson
Franklin's friends are all losing their teeth and he doesn't understand why he doesn't have any teeth to lose. He ask his parents and they tell him that turtles do not have teeth. He feels that he is so different than everyone else because of this so he sends the tooth fairy a letter and puts a stone under his pillow. The tooth fairy knew that turtles didn't have teeth And she didn't leave him a present. In the end Franklin's patents told him that he is special and that it is okay to be differen...more
Rebecca
I didn't realize or think about the fact that turtles don't have teeth before reading this book. Franklin is so worried because he doesn't have any teeth to leave for the tooth fairy. It's a good story to help children realize that it's okay that we are all different in our own sort of way. My favorite part is the letter the tooth fairy leaves when Franklin tries to pass of a small rock for a turtle tooth. "Sorry. Turtles don't have teeth. Good try. Your friend, The Tooth Fairy".
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 18612 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Heather
This was a nice book with cute illustrations. There's a subtle litte message that we are all different, yet all the same. Peace on earth, holding hands around the campfire.

Anyways, while it was a good book I won't be seeking it out to read again.
Angie Drake
Cute, passed the time in the dentist's waiting room. I didn't feel like the author resolved the "conflict" in the book very well. How does a parent address a child's jealousy for something that can't be changed?
Michelle Carter
Why don't turtles have teeth and what is a tooth fairy? These are some of the questions that Franklin asks in this cute book about something that happens to little children - losing those baby teeth.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Poor Franklin feels bad because, being a turtle and having no teeth, he can't put a tooth under his pillow to exchange for a gift from the tooth fairy. What to do? Cute!
Sheila
I love to read this book to students when they start losing teeth in Kindergarten and First Grade. It also teaches about how it is okay to be different than our friends!
Child960801
I don't like the tooth fairy but I like that in this book it's more about losing teeth and so on instead of the tooth fairy.
Kelly
An okay picture book. I think there are much better tooth fairy stories out there, though.
Tara
Works great to incorporate into a dental lesson!
Sandy
Nice book, nice drawings.
Sonya Horbelt
Sonya Horbelt marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Stacy
Stacy added it
Sep 17, 2014
Brenda
Brenda added it
Sep 10, 2014
Sushmita
Sushmita marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Bourgeois graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational therapy from the University of Western Ontario in 1974. She was a psychiatric occupational therapist for three years before deciding to focus on her writing. She studied journalism at Carlton University then worked as a reporter for the Ottawa Citizen and CBC Television. She became a freelance journal...more
More about Paulette Bourgeois...
Franklin Goes to School Franklin Is Bossy Franklin Wants a Pet Franklin In The Dark Franklin's Halloween