Start by marking “Trophies” as Want to Read:
Trophies

Trophies

When his aunt is murdered, NATO Rapid Response officer Captain Charles Ellandun must dig into her past and haul it into his present. But now someone's trying to run him over with a Suburban and unless he wants to be the next one dead, he must figure out why she is -- fast.

Length: 125,000 words, 340 pages

*******
If I was stupid enough to sit out in the rain, then I should
Published 2012 by Dingbat Publishing (first published July 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Trophies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trophies

Patricia
Sep 12, 2011 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since I have found myself engrossed in a “modern” mystery. The reason is simple: I am not a fan. With apologies to this author, J. Gunnar Grey, my favourite mystery writer is Agatha Christie. I also enjoy Georges Simenon, Earl Stanley Gardner, Samuel Dashiell Hammett, Ross Macdonald, and their contemporaries. I had about given up trying to find a modern mystery writer, who wrote to my taste, until I read J. Gunnar Grey's: "Trophies (The Ellandun Wars)".

At last, I found an
Sandra Nachlinger
Aug 15, 2011 Sandra Nachlinger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys mysteries, interesting well-written characters, and an intriguing plot.ion
Recommended to Sandra by: I've read two other books by J. Gunnar Grey and enjoyed them both. So I recommended the book to myself!
I've found a new favorite mystery writer--J. Gunnar Grey.

After reading Grey's Deal With The Devil, Part One and Deal With the Devil Part Two, I knew I enjoyed her very capable and creative writing style. In Trophies (The Ellandun Wars) she has created another winner. The complex plot and the action scenes in this book kept me turning pages, but it's the characters that will stay with me, especially the protagonist Charles (AKA "Robbie".) A pivotal event in Charles's childhood and the effects it
Meg Mims
Sep 08, 2011 Meg Mims rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trophies is a complex mystery that starts slowly by delving into Charles Ellandun's mysterious character and background as well as the murder of his wealthy and beloved aunt. Lots of themes twist into this, from the idea of collecting trophies to close family relationships. Have patience - Grey's mastery of suspense kicked in in the last half of the book and leaves you wanting more. I'd love to see more of these characters in their escapades as a Special Op team!
Elaine Cantrell
Dec 08, 2011 Elaine Cantrell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fabulous. The characters are original, flawed, and loveable. The plot is exciting and has many twists and turns that you didn't see coming. There's a small element of romance to spice things up. Family relationships in all their glory and grief are successfully explored. I can't wait for Book 2 to come out.
Jess
May 09, 2012 Jess rated it liked it
I got this book at a goodreads first reads and even though I have not been able to read the book it looks like it will be good and I can not wait to read it.
Doug
May 17, 2015 Doug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very well written, great story line, nice twists and turns. 4.5 stars.
Lee
Apr 27, 2012 Lee rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
Since this is the first in a series, I am hoping that the early chapters are dedicated to building the characters and there will not be the necessity to continue doing so.
Melanie Card
Melanie Card rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Phillip
Phillip rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2016
Dan Carruthers
Dan Carruthers rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2017
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Rob Vliegendhart
Rob Vliegendhart rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2011
Kaye
Kaye rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Dj
Dj rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Sara Prior
Sara Prior rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Xavier Zhapan
Xavier Zhapan rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Nathan Shumate
Nathan Shumate rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Bianca Blast
Bianca Blast rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2016
Inga
Inga marked it as to-read
Kendall
Kendall marked it as to-read
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Cassie McCown
Cassie McCown marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2011
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2011
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2011
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2011
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Elihu
Elihu marked it as to-read
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2011
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2011
TracyG
TracyG added it
Nov 25, 2011
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2011
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2011
Judy Averitt
Judy Averitt marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2011
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2012
Lisa Kumar
Lisa Kumar marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2012
Lynell Horn
Lynell Horn marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2012
Rio
Rio marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2012
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Jean Hansen
Jean Hansen marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Joye
Joye marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: cover help, please 2 15 Oct 28, 2013 11:45PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine editions? 9 25 Apr 03, 2012 08:08PM
Goodreads Librari...: please merge 7 26 Mar 10, 2012 07:51AM
Creative Reviews: Contemporary mystery seeking reviewers 6 11 Aug 08, 2011 01:18AM
Hi, I’m Gunnar Grey. I write books. I’m a historian, political junkie, target shooter, and retired adventurer and equestrian. I read avidly and post reviews or at least ratings for most of the books I read. Occasionally my poor husband surfaces from beneath a pile of paperbacks, gasping for air… but I shouldn’t bore you with personal issues.

I live in Humble, Texas, just north of Houston, with four
More about J. Gunnar Grey...