Trophies

Trophies

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
When his aunt is murdered, NATO Rapid Response officer Captain Charles Ellandun must dig into her past and haul it into his present. But now someone's trying to run him over with a Suburban and unless he wants to be the next one dead, he must figure out why she is -- fast.

Length: 125,000 words, 340 pages

*******
If I was stupid enough to sit out in the rain, then I should...more
Published 2012 by Dingbat Publishing (first published July 30th 2011)

Patricia
It has been a long time since I have found myself engrossed in a “modern” mystery. The reason is simple: I am not a fan. With apologies to this author, J. Gunnar Grey, my favourite mystery writer is Agatha Christie. I also enjoy Georges Simenon, Earl Stanley Gardner, Samuel Dashiell Hammett, Ross Macdonald, and their contemporaries. I had about given up trying to find a modern mystery writer, who wrote to my taste, until I read J. Gunnar Grey's: "Trophies (The Ellandun Wars)".

At last, I found an...more
Sandra Nachlinger
Jan 31, 2012 Sandra Nachlinger rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys mysteries, interesting well-written characters, and an intriguing plot.ion
Recommended to Sandra by: I've read two other books by J. Gunnar Grey and enjoyed them both. So I recommended the book to myself!
I've found a new favorite mystery writer--J. Gunnar Grey.

After reading Grey's Deal With The Devil, Part One and Deal With the Devil Part Two, I knew I enjoyed her very capable and creative writing style. In Trophies (The Ellandun Wars) she has created another winner. The complex plot and the action scenes in this book kept me turning pages, but it's the characters that will stay with me, especially the protagonist Charles (AKA "Robbie".) A pivotal event in Charles's childhood and the effects it...more
Meg Mims
Trophies is a complex mystery that starts slowly by delving into Charles Ellandun's mysterious character and background as well as the murder of his wealthy and beloved aunt. Lots of themes twist into this, from the idea of collecting trophies to close family relationships. Have patience - Grey's mastery of suspense kicked in in the last half of the book and leaves you wanting more. I'd love to see more of these characters in their escapades as a Special Op team!
Elaine Cantrell
This book is fabulous. The characters are original, flawed, and loveable. The plot is exciting and has many twists and turns that you didn't see coming. There's a small element of romance to spice things up. Family relationships in all their glory and grief are successfully explored. I can't wait for Book 2 to come out.
Jess
I got this book at a goodreads first reads and even though I have not been able to read the book it looks like it will be good and I can not wait to read it.
Lee
Since this is the first in a series, I am hoping that the early chapters are dedicated to building the characters and there will not be the necessity to continue doing so.
Chris Winfield
Chris Winfield marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Dory
Dory marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Anne Pyles
Anne Pyles marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Joye
Joye marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
A. J. Leavens
A. J. Leavens is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2014
Gunnar
Oct 28, 2013 Gunnar marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Bkepub
Bkepub added it
Apr 23, 2013
Nikki
Nikki added it
Mar 05, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Echo
Echo marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Jeanette Burchaski
Jeanette Burchaski marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
B Jeanne
B Jeanne marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Kacey Wroten
Kacey Wroten marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Hopengrace
Hopengrace marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Xiri
Xiri marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: cover help, please 2 15 Oct 28, 2013 11:45PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine editions? 9 25 Apr 03, 2012 08:08PM
Goodreads Librari...: please merge 7 26 Mar 10, 2012 07:51AM
Creative Reviews: Contemporary mystery seeking reviewers 6 11 Aug 08, 2011 01:18AM
Hi, I’m Gunnar Grey. I write books. I’m a historian, political junkie, target shooter, and retired adventurer and equestrian. I read avidly and post reviews or at least ratings for most of the books I read. Occasionally my poor husband surfaces from beneath a pile of paperbacks gasping for air… but I shouldn’t bore you with personal issues.

I live in Humble, Texas, just north of Houston, with four...more
More about J. Gunnar Grey...
Deal With the Devil, Part One Deal With the Devil, Part Two Shakedown Deal With the Devil Format Your eBook the Free and Easy Way