Start by marking “The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)

The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  3,118 ratings  ·  743 reviews
An action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate. For fans of Moira Young’s Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Published June 10th 2014 by Greenwillow Books

YA Novels of 2014
46th out of 1,461 books — 7,631 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
76th out of 2,594 books — 15,754 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
That's it. No more YA dystopias for Emily. I think I've said this before so I might be lying again, but I am so ready to get away from this exhausted and overcrowded genre.

Finding some level of originality is a fundamental problem for those authors who decide to jump on the bandwagon and tackle the world of YA dystopian fiction. If you can possibly make a dystopia out of it, then you can bet it's already been written in the past few years since The Hunger Games took centre stage. Every form of
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
I had a nagging sense of familiarity while reading this book, and it wasn't until the end that I finally realized what it was. This book reminded me of The Bone Season, and if you know me and my history with that book...it's not a good thing. This was such a disappointment to me, because this had been one of my most eagerly anticipated books for 2014.

It is an overhyped book that underdelivered. It was technically perfect while being completely devoid of emotion, with a convoluted, action-packed
Sasha Alsberg
SPOILER FREE!
When I first heard the title of The Murder Complex I immediately thought of one thing: Blood. The title stayed true to the book because let me say, The Murder Complex was one gruesome read!

TMC (The Murder Complex) is Lindsay Cummings debut novel and while lots of debut novels can go wrong, this one went right! Like every book, it had its flaws but within those flaws it has potential. When Lindsay contacted me asking if I wanted an ARC of her book a few months ago, I could not turn d
Lindsay Cummings
Dec 04, 2013 Lindsay Cummings rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Enter to win a signed ARC (advanced reader's copy) of THE MURDER COMPLEX on my blog!!!

Lexie
Apr 29, 2012 Lexie marked it as to-read
Lindsay has confirmed that there will be no love triangle. I could kiss her.
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

For the first time in a while, I was actually looking forward to a dystopia. I was eager to read this book. The premise was intriguing. Itdrew me in and when I saw this book on Edelweiss, I knew I had to have it.

Boy, was I in for aMAJOR disappointment. There wereHEAPS of problems in this novel and not many redeeming factors in sight. In fact, it turned out to be a very typical dystopia instead of a unique one as it had promised. The only re
Brianna
**4.5 stars. I'll add my full review later!
Melody
Mar 19, 2014 Melody marked it as to-read
Louise
This is an action-packed, blood-soaked thriller. I read it in one sitting and spent all night thinking about the haunting premise. It was such an honor to work on this book with Lindsay.
Helen
Nov 09, 2013 Helen marked it as to-read
Edit (9.11.12 - Cover Reveal):

description
LOOK! IT FINALLY HAS A COVER. after months of waiting, I finally get a cover. Yippy! And it's looks EPIC. I mean, seriously. It is awesome. I love the fact that they sketched in a face instead of photographed it. It looks like something out of a comic book. And the colour is so bold, so eye-catching. I just - I love. I love. Thank you to whoever made this. Hopefully they won't change the cover for the sequel, because I seriously adore what this books got going on.
Cherie
This is an AMAZING book. If you don't read it, you're flat out crazy. It's gory and dark...but oh so pretty! I LOVE this book. And I can't wait until I get to hold my own copy!!
Ceilidh
As someone who grew up reading crime novels and obsessing over the Hannibal Lecter series (a hobby that has transcended into my adult life thanks to the TV show), I’m surprisingly comfortable with on-page depictions of violence, more so than I am with it on screen. The kind of darkness young adult novels tend to go for isn’t one so focused on this kind of violence. There are exceptions, such as Barry Lyga’s “I Hunt Killers”, and Lindsay Cummings’s debut hopes to make a similar splash with a high ...more
Jen Gray
Amazing. AMAZING. Did I say amazing? No, this is more than amazing. Perfect.

Fast paced, action packed, edge of your seat read that will leave you wanting more! I sat down with this book and didn't stop reading until I finished! Everyone NEEDS to buy this when It comes out! Go preorder it on amazon now, I said now! You will NOT regret it! Can't wait to read this a third time (yes I've read it twice) and more and more times after that!

Lindsay's writing is TO DIE FOR. I wish I had that much talen
Evie
Next to PAWN by Aimee Carter and TRAPPED by Andrew Fukuda it's my favorite Dystopian this year (well, technically it comes out NEXT year, but you get what I mean).
It's a book I will definitely be purchasing as an HC just to have it on my shelf. It's worth every penny. LOVED IT!
Stacy
Apr 29, 2012 Stacy marked it as to-read
Listen to an exclusive interview with Lindsay Cummings from Girl in the STACKS here!
Emily
Apr 04, 2012 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
Read this awhile ago while Louise was being shopped to publishers. Couldn't put it down. So excited to see what other people think!
Victoria Scott
I just finished The Murder Complex! It was incredible. Cummings is a powerful writer with a natural instinct when it comes to pacing. Also, best ending line ever! "...Now survive." Damn!
Kassidy
Abbe "The Awesome Senior" Hinder
good

Honestly, what is this crap? Because from all the hype, I would have thought this book would be amazing and lively and shit. It's not, not at all despite the non-stop action. I feel like The author thought that adding a shit ton of action and fighting would make up for the story being shitty but it really doesn't and never will.

I got bored after the first chapter because of the writing which is so awkward and choppy as well as the characters which are ALL forgettable and as creative and origina
Rachmi
This is another disappointing dystopian book that attracts me with awesome cover and interesting blurb in the first place. I know I should've learn my lesson by now but who can resist that bloody eye-catching cover? Not me, unfortunately.

1. The setting. This book reminds me of Wither, another dystopian book where there isn't much clarity in the setting. I need to know how far Meadow’s world takes place from now, because it can determine how advance their technology is and the experiment that h
Elena
Whoa that was bloody intense!
The Murder Complex was one of my highly anticipated books of 2014, because of the intriguing concept. Anyway, I didn't buy and read it immediately, just because this is the first installment and I didn't want to wait a whole year for the next one. But I gave in... :'D

I read it and I really liked it! It isn't a favourite of mine, but it still kept me turning the pages like a madman.
It was fast-paced, ruthless and so interesting.
Even though I wasn't that much into
Stormy
DisclaimerI received a free electronic Advanced Reader's Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review by the publisher. I was not compensated for this review in anyway.

The release date for this book is quite far away, so my full review won't be posted until closer to the release date, but I've had a few people politely ask me why The Murder Complex, a highly anticipated title, only received 2 stars, so I decided to do a very brief mini-review.

Here's the thing: If you had asked me to rate
Leah
*Received in exchange for an honest review*

I LOVED THIS BOOK! I was only 4% into the galley when I fell in love with it. I can't believe this is a debut. It's so well written, plotted to perfection and absolutely packed with tension - I could not put it down. I read 60% of it in one sitting before deciding that it was best to go to bed. It was the first thing I picked up this morning and I just flew through the last 40%. This is the only problem with such amazing books -
Paula Stokes
Adam Silvera has already written the perfect review for this, so I will copy him and say: Bad. Ass.
Loved Meadow and Zephyr. Loved all the action. I can't wait for book #2!! :)
Ally
Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision. The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn’t know it—one of the MC’s programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or is it part of a terrifying strategy? And w ...more
Kat Kennedy
I just really felt like either I didn't see the point to this book, or there was none.
Adam Silvera
Bad. Ass.
Aleeeeeza
Apr 04, 2012 Aleeeeeza marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-release
"...whose life changes forever when she falls in love with a boy harboring a terrible secret that could uncover the haunting truth about her family and put them both in mortal danger...

this sounds suspiciously like every other new YA book out there, but i'm still interested to see what ms. cummings has to offer.
Emily Anne
The Murder Complex is everything the synopsis promised. Lindsey Cummings has written a gory, thrilling story with a gripping world. The characters are very different and intriguing. I had a few problems, but, overall, I absolutely loved reading The Murder Complex!

Firstly, let me talk about the characters. Meadow and Zephyr, our two protagonists, are unique, very complex, and, understandably harsh and guarded. However, I feel like both of them have a different, perhaps softer, side, at least for
erica
AMAZING and HAUNTING read. Definitely put it on your list!!
Obsessed With YA ...: WEEK 3: Chapters 41-65 3 6 Jan 18, 2015 09:40PM
Obsessed With YA ...: WEEK 2: Chapters 16-40 4 7 Jan 18, 2015 09:39PM
No Book, No Life: My #1 Favorite Book So Far 1 3 Jan 18, 2015 07:22PM
Obsessed With YA ...: WEEK 4: Chapters 66-END 3 5 Jan 09, 2015 06:59PM
Obsessed With YA ...: WEEK 1: Chapters 1-15 4 24 Jan 08, 2015 03:26PM
YA Apocalyptic an...: November 2014 BOTM: The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1) 1 24 Oct 29, 2014 01:01PM
  • Extraction (Extraction, #1)
  • Avalon (Avalon, #1)
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
  • Salvage
  • Burn Out (Burn Out, #1)
  • Nil (Nil, #1)
  • Dark Days
  • The Taking (The Taking, #1)
  • Talker 25 (Talker 25, #1)
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • Vivian Divine Is Dead
  • (Don't You) Forget About Me
  • After the End (After the End #1)
  • Illusive (Illusive, #1)
  • Minders
  • Beware the Wild
  • Blackbird (Blackbird, #1)
  • Tracked
Lindsay Cummings is the 24-year-old author of THE MURDER COMPLEX series from Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins, and the MG trilogy THE BALANCE KEEPERS, from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins.

Lindsay deals with chronic fatigue, can’t get enough of her two pesky German Shepherds, wolf cub, and two horses. She's still waiting on her letter from Hogwarts--it was probably just lost in the mail. You can
More about Lindsay Cummings...

The Murder Complex (2 books)
  • The Death Code (The Murder Complex, #2)
The Fear Trials (The Murder Complex, #0.5) The Fires of Calderon (The Balance Keepers, #1) The Death Code (The Murder Complex, #2) The Pillars of Ponderay (The Balance Keepers, #2)

“So now, when three Landers, members of a street gang, approach me in the back alley behind the Library, knives drawn, the silver barrel of a gun pointed at my heart, I know I am ready.” 9 likes
“Until they rip us apart, and even then, I'll fight.” 1 likes