Start by marking “The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1)

The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,104 Ratings  ·  1,272 Reviews
An action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate. For fans of Moira Young’s Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in F
Published June 10th 2014 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about The Murder Complex, please sign up.

Emily Beauchemin I shouted when I finished it, the story was amazing, but then it just kinda leaves you hanging at the end!!!
YA Novels of 2014
49th out of 1,525 books — 8,830 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
77th out of 2,667 books — 15,923 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
That's it. No more YA dystopias for Emily. I think I've said this before so I might be lying again, but I am so ready to get away from this exhausted and overcrowded genre.

Finding some level of originality is a fundamental problem for those authors who decide to jump on the bandwagon and tackle the world of YA dystopian fiction. If you can possibly make a dystopia out of it, then you can bet it's already been written in the past few years since The Hunger Games took centre stage. Every form of
Khanh (the Grinch)
I had a nagging sense of familiarity while reading this book, and it wasn't until the end that I finally realized what it was. This book reminded me of The Bone Season, and if you know me and my history with that book...it's not a good thing. This was such a disappointment to me, because this had been one of my most eagerly anticipated books for 2014.

It is an overhyped book that underdelivered. It was technically perfect while being completely devoid of emotion, with a convoluted, action-packed
Sasha Alsberg
Jan 27, 2014 Sasha Alsberg rated it really liked it
SPOILER FREE!
When I first heard the title of The Murder Complex I immediately thought of one thing: Blood. The title stayed true to the book because let me say, The Murder Complex was one gruesome read!

TMC (The Murder Complex) is Lindsay Cummings debut novel and while lots of debut novels can go wrong, this one went right! Like every book, it had its flaws but within those flaws it has potential. When Lindsay contacted me asking if I wanted an ARC of her book a few months ago, I could not turn d
Ash Reads
Dec 31, 2015 Ash Reads rated it it was amazing
“Count to three. Relax your mind. Now survive.”

WOW seriously, just wow. I have no idea why I was so hesitant to start this book. It had me on the edge of my seat, FREAKING OUT every other page. I had NO idea what was going to happen, I felt myself second guessing myself, there were so many twists and turns. I LOVE THIS BOOK

It was so...gritty and violent and insane crazy and the characters? I love Zephyr and Meadow

Of course, the cliffhanger just had to be a huge bitch, so I will definitely be
Lexie
Apr 29, 2012 Lexie marked it as to-read
Lindsay has confirmed that there will be no love triangle. I could kiss her.
Lindsay Cummings
Dec 04, 2013 Lindsay Cummings rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Enter to win a signed ARC (advanced reader's copy) of THE MURDER COMPLEX on my blog!!!

Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

For the first time in a while, I was actually looking forward to a dystopia. I was eager to read this book. The premise was intriguing. Itdrew me in and when I saw this book on Edelweiss, I knew I had to have it.

Boy, was I in for aMAJOR disappointment. There wereHEAPS of problems in this novel and not many redeeming factors in sight. In fact, it turned out to be a very typical dystopia instead of a unique one as it had promised. The only re
Elesia
Apr 28, 2015 Elesia rated it really liked it
So, The Murder Complex is Lindsay Cummings debut novel and it's had a lot of talk surrounding it, both bad and good. I went into this only having a very very vague idea of what it was about and it was completely different from what I expected, though not in a bad way! The Murder Complex is a pretty dark read, which you can probably gather just from the title. This book is pretty bloody and gory, so be aware of that. It's a pretty dark dystopian but personally I enjoy those best!

This book is told
Brianna
Jan 09, 2015 Brianna rated it it was amazing
**4.5 stars. I'll add my full review later!
Daydreamer
Mar 19, 2014 Daydreamer marked it as to-read
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
I don't even know what I just read.. *sighs* good concept, but I feel like the execution could have been handled better

Review TK
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
4.5 Stars

Commandment One: Honor the Initiative.

Commandment Two: Thou shalt not attempt to cross the perimeter.

Commandment Three: Honor the Silent Hour.

Commandment Four: Thou shalt not harbor useful items from the days before.

I just love, LUV, love this cover!

So i decided to actually read something from my to-read list and this one caught my eye. The cover is just so beautiful, i've never heard anything about it, love going into a story without knowing anything! It's one of those book that are n
Ceilidh
Jan 14, 2014 Ceilidh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As someone who grew up reading crime novels and obsessing over the Hannibal Lecter series (a hobby that has transcended into my adult life thanks to the TV show), I’m surprisingly comfortable with on-page depictions of violence, more so than I am with it on screen. The kind of darkness young adult novels tend to go for isn’t one so focused on this kind of violence. There are exceptions, such as Barry Lyga’s “I Hunt Killers”, and Lindsay Cummings’s debut hopes to make a similar splash with a high ...more
Helen
Jun 14, 2015 Helen marked it as on-the-shelf-and-going-to-read
Edit (9.11.12 - Cover Reveal):

description
LOOK! IT FINALLY HAS A COVER. after months of waiting, I finally get a cover. Yippy! And it's looks EPIC. I mean, seriously. It is awesome. I love the fact that they sketched in a face instead of photographed it. It looks like something out of a comic book. And the colour is so bold, so eye-catching. I just - I love. I love. Thank you to whoever made this. Hopefully they won't change the cover for the sequel, because I seriously adore what this books got going on.
Cherie
May 22, 2014 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
This is an AMAZING book. If you don't read it, you're flat out crazy. It's gory and dark...but oh so pretty! I LOVE this book. And I can't wait until I get to hold my own copy!!
Lizzie
Feb 22, 2015 Lizzie rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited to have finally read one of the brilliant Lindsay Cummings's novels!! :)
I didn't really have any expectations going into this book, but it blew me away! The characters were SO fantastic, I really loved Meadow's character, as well as Zephyr! I thought they both worked really well together, and I loved the family aspect as well.
I thought that the world building was done really really well! I really enjoyed the storyline and was surprised many times by all of the plot twists.
I als
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
*Actually 4.5 stars*

Really enjoyed this. It was action packed, full of ruthless people and murder. There were some good unpredictable twists and I liked the characters, even the side characters.

I found the romance to be a bit iffy though. It started off really nice but then something happened and I found it a lot harder to believe in it. My only other little problem was the language. In a book with such a high murder count, I didn't see the need to censor the "f*cks" and "sh*ts" with "flux" and
Kat Kennedy
I just really felt like either I didn't see the point to this book, or there was none.
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
Whoa, that was SO MUCH BLOOD!!

description

4 Stars...

THE MURDER COMPLEX was bloodtastic read that I devoured. I was allured by the dark essence and the fast paced plot that kept me engaged and entertained until the very last page! It was a bloody world, full of twist and turns that satisfied.

But to keep it real, THE MURDER COMPLEX was a good book, but it had it's faults. There where many aspects that I enjoyed, but many that I didn't. One that I really enjoyed was the world-building—the backbone to THE M
Abbe Hinder
good

Honestly, what is this crap? Because from all the hype, I would have thought this book would be amazing and lively and shit. It's not, not at all despite the non-stop action. I feel like The author thought that adding a shit ton of action and fighting would make up for the story being shitty but it really doesn't and never will.

I got bored after the first chapter because of the writing which is so awkward and choppy as well as the characters which are ALL forgettable and as creative and origina
Demi
Jun 13, 2015 Demi rated it it was amazing
Flux. Why did it take me so long to finally read TMC?? omg I need to read The Death Code as soon as possible! The Murder Complex is officially one of my new favorite books.
Jen Gray
Dec 26, 2013 Jen Gray rated it it was amazing
Amazing. AMAZING. Did I say amazing? No, this is more than amazing. Perfect.

Fast paced, action packed, edge of your seat read that will leave you wanting more! I sat down with this book and didn't stop reading until I finished! Everyone NEEDS to buy this when It comes out! Go preorder it on amazon now, I said now! You will NOT regret it! Can't wait to read this a third time (yes I've read it twice) and more and more times after that!

Lindsay's writing is TO DIE FOR. I wish I had that much talen
Evie
Next to PAWN by Aimee Carter and TRAPPED by Andrew Fukuda it's my favorite Dystopian this year (well, technically it comes out NEXT year, but you get what I mean).
It's a book I will definitely be purchasing as an HC just to have it on my shelf. It's worth every penny. LOVED IT!
Courtney
Feb 02, 2016 Courtney rated it it was amazing
"Welcome to the Murder Complex.
You cannot see us. You cannot feel us.
But we are here.
And we control your every move."

OH. MY. STARS! What have I just read?? I need more. I NEED The Death Code!!!

I started this book yesterday, and have finished it today. This was amazing and I honestly couldn't put it down. The writing was so easy to follow, and It was a really quick read. From the get-go I was Intrigued, and every time I turned the page, I wanted more!

So in this world, or this area of the worl
Victoria Scott
Apr 20, 2014 Victoria Scott rated it it was amazing
I just finished The Murder Complex! It was incredible. Cummings is a powerful writer with a natural instinct when it comes to pacing. Also, best ending line ever! "...Now survive." Damn!
Kassidy
Sep 23, 2014 Kassidy rated it really liked it
Sara Larson
Apr 04, 2014 Sara Larson rated it it was amazing
Whoa, what a ride. A blood-soaked thriller that grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go. I'm dying for the sequel. (Not literally, please don't choose me and kill me tonight!) These characters were so fascinating and kick-butt and I was rooting for them and hurting for them the whole time. Great job Lindsay!

Warning: I do mean blood-soaked quite literally. ;-)
Mila
It read like a more boring version of The Hunger Games. There were no surprises or originality in the plot, the characters are forgettable and the insta-love just ended up killing it for me.

Full review to come.
Stacy
Apr 29, 2012 Stacy marked it as to-read
Listen to an exclusive interview with Lindsay Cummings from Girl in the STACKS here!
Emily
Apr 04, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
Read this awhile ago while Louise was being shopped to publishers. Couldn't put it down. So excited to see what other people think!
  • Extraction (Extraction, #1)
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • The Wicked We Have Done (Chaos Theory, #1)
  • Dark Days
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
  • Salvage
  • Avalon (Avalon, #1)
  • (Don't You) Forget About Me
  • Elusion (Elusion, #1)
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • Vivian Divine Is Dead
  • After the End (After the End, #1)
  • Falls the Shadow
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Cybernetic
  • Talker 25 (Talker 25, #1)
  • The Fearless
  • End Times
Lindsay Cummings is the 24-year-old author of THE MURDER COMPLEX series from Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins, and the MG trilogy THE BALANCE KEEPERS, from Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins. She is represented by Pete Knapp at New Leaf Literary.

BALANCE KEEPERS #3 comes out this November: THE TRAITOR OF BELLTROLL.

Lindsay is also the co-author of ZENITH: THE ANDROMA SAGA, coming June 2016 with auth
More about Lindsay Cummings...

The Murder Complex (2 books)
  • The Death Code (The Murder Complex, #2)

“We're all good until we're not strong enough to be anymore.” 32 likes