Start by marking “The Queen: History In An Hour” as Want to Read:
The Queen: History In An Hour

The Queen: History In An Hour

History for busy people. Read a succinct account of the life and reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in just one hour.

Elizabeth II is the longest lived and, after Queen Victoria, second longest reigning monarch of the United Kingdom. From her coronation in 1953 to her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, Queen Elizabeth II has stood on the world stage as the figurehead for Britain
Published March 29th 2012 by HarperPress

To ask other readers questions about The Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen

Donna Maguire
I have read quite a few books on royalty over the years but the current monarchy has never really interested me, probably as its generally current news more than in the past and my heart lies in the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries... But that said I downloaded this as it was free and I do like the "History in an Hour" series and I must say having read this one now I wasn't disappointed. I even found out something I didn't know about Prince Philip when he was a baby and his parents exile. The book ...more
Phyllis
Nov 20, 2016 Phyllis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Concise and easy to read

Having just finished watching the Netflix series, The Crown, I wanted to read more about the queen. I also visited the UK and went to Buckingham and Balmoral palaces recently. I can't imagine how difficult her life has been always having to put the UK first. I admire her strength and courage. The book was easy to read and hit the main points without getting bogged down.
Christine Blachford
Apr 12, 2014 Christine Blachford rated it really liked it
I do so love these History in an Hour books, everything you need to know about a particular topic in bitesize form. Their self-proclaimed aim is to distill a topic or period from history down into the must-know facts, so that if you enjoy it, you can then go on to read more from other sources.

I don't think there was anything particularly new in this one for me, although perhaps it did connect some of the dots from the generation preceding the Queen, and made the film The King's Speech fit into p
Ian May
Jun 21, 2012 Ian May rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
An interesting if concise read (but then it is only meant to last an hour).

The book concentrated more on her earlier life.
Yi Lun
Nov 02, 2015 Yi Lun rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, history
A clear and concise view of the current Monarch. It starts with some family information pre-birth and details the major moments of her life with a heavier focus on her early life.
James Donaldson
James Donaldson rated it really liked it
May 27, 2013
Arlene
Arlene rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Jenny Nestler
Jenny Nestler rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Liam
Liam rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Apr 03, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
Yup, history in an hour.
Jenn Blunstone
Jenn Blunstone rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2012
cariedaway
cariedaway rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
James
James rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Toluwa Abudiore
Toluwa Abudiore rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2013
amelia leslie
amelia leslie rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2016
Marcin
Marcin rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Tracey Patterson
Tracey Patterson rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Barbara Crossler
Barbara Crossler rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Julia Guba
Julia Guba rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Nika
Nika rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Daniel Link
Daniel Link rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Louise
Louise rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Kate Diffley
Dec 13, 2014 Kate Diffley rated it really liked it
Enjoyed, easy read.
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Skip Hoffman
Skip Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2012
Sathish
Sathish rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Sinead Fitzgibbon graduated from university with a degree in Economics, before leaving her native Ireland to work in investment banking in Sydney for six years.

She returned to the UK in 2007 to pursue her writing career. She has always loved history, literature and art – and spends most weekends browsing London’s multitude of museums, art galleries and bookshops.

Favourite author: Virginia Woolf
F
More about Sinead Fitzgibbon...