Start by marking “Le puits de l'ascension (Fils-des-brumes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Le puits de l'ascension (Fils-des-brumes, #2)

Le puits de l'ascension (Mistborn #2)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  153,689 Ratings  ·  7,536 Reviews
Le Seigneur Maître est tombé. La guerre peut commencer.

En mettant fin au règne brutal et millénaire du tyran, ils ont réalisé l’impossible. À présent, Vin la gamine des rues devenue Fille-des-Brumes, et Elend Venture le jeune noble idéaliste, doivent construire un nouveau gouvernement sur les cendres de l’Empire. Mais trois armées menées par des factions hostiles, dont cel
Mass Market Paperback, 1080 pages
Published April 11th 2012 by Le Livre de Poche (first published August 21st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Le puits de l'ascension, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Amanda Oh my gosh seriously? You have to mark this with a spoiler tag. How upsetting to spoil this HUGE plot point for people. I just want you to know that I…moreOh my gosh seriously? You have to mark this with a spoiler tag. How upsetting to spoil this HUGE plot point for people. I just want you to know that I flagged this question for review. This is so unfair man.(less)

Kat O'Keeffe
Feb 08, 2015 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I can't handle how amazing this series is. Brandon Sanderson continues to overwhelm me with his impressive storytelling skills. Just like in The Final Empire, the world and the characters and the story were all beyond fantastic. There must be some kind of sorcery involved in how this man weaves together plot threads, because really.

I can't say much more without spoilers, but if you have not yet read this series, READ IT. SERIOUSLY. READ IT.
Christine Riccio
I FINISHED THIS AGES AGO AND IT WAS AWESOME : here's my booktalk! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMeGD...
Samantha
Jun 12, 2016 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The overall book is a solid 4 stars bUT THE LAST 100 PAGES IS 5 STARS NO QUESTION OMG
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Anytime I'm reading fantasy for review, I take copious notes. In fact, most of the time, my review is pretty much written by the time I finish the book, I just need to make slight alterations to account for any last minute goings on.

And I like that, b/c your average fantasy is 2 - 3x longer than any other book. Trying to go back after the fact and recall all the key details would be a nightmare.

BUT.

Brandon Sanderson has consistently thwarted me in this area. And
Regan
Apr 06, 2014 Regan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sorry in advance about the bad language but....

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Okay, everyone just read this series, okay? okay.
Bookworm Sean
I like a story that surprises me, and this series keeps doing it. The ending of the last book was, undoubtedly, epic. I don’t know how Brandon Sanderson does it. It felt like the closing chapter for these characters, but, in reality, it was only the beginning of the series. The Lord Ruler’s death could have been the ending, but he was only the surface issue. Indeed, with his death a whole host of problems arose, and none of them are as simple as they appear. This proved that the generic plot of ...more
Mike (the Paladin)
I feel here as if I ought to apologize to my friends who love these books. The first was okay but I found the pacing a bit slow and had a "my interest comes and goes" experience. Sadly if I compare the pacing of the first volume of the series to the pacing in this one (the second volume) the story in volume 1 moved like the wind.

I know that some are very involved here and love these, and I can see why. The characters have depth and you get an "in depth" view of their lives. Not only their lives
Felicia
This book was...not very good. I absolutely loved the first book, it was sooo good! I still love the magical device he uses, but honestly this book did not live up to the first. The main character becomes pretty stupid, and the love interest was never that interesting. I will read the third book, but my hopes are not high.
Jessica (priceiswong)
Feb 16, 2016 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
See my full discussion (with GIFs :P) at www.priceiswong.com
Cait (Paper Fury)
I have only one word for this and it is: #nope. This was the most insufferably tedious book of my life. And duuuude, I loved The Final Empire! It was exciting and had a con artist thing going on and magical wizard people with an epic magic system. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SEQUEL. I went from adoring Sanderson to probably never trying a book by him again.

Excuse me. I kind of need to walk into a brick wall and scream a little because I am so 100000% done with this this beast.

A BRIEF LIST OF WHY I AM A
Grant
Mar 03, 2013 Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: fantasy
I'm continually impressed with Brandon Sanderson, and I appreciate the subtle (at least to me) morality in his books. As most people who read his books will know, Sanderson comes from a Mormon background, and I think this only enhances his ability and perspective as a writer.

I read his first widely published novel Elantris a few years back. The pace, magic, character development, etc., was all good, esp. for a first novel. I eventually picked up Mistborn a few months after its release and this
Kogiopsis
This is That Book.

You know the one.

The one you've daydreamed about.

The one you hope, deep in your little reader heart, you'll finally find.

The one with the plot that is both wide-ranging and intensely personal; with the characters who are all nuanced and flawed; with the complicated political intrigues to keep you guessing; with the shocking twists that are, true to form, both surprising and inevitable.

You've slogged through the morass of uninspiring Twilight clones. You've suffered through dyst
Maureen
Jan 31, 2015 Maureen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars.
Oh man. OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN THIS BOOK.
I definitely did not see foreshadowing happen this time because I DIDNT SEE THAT COMING.
Still love Elend. Still love Vin. Still love Sazed.
This series is going to KILL ME I can feel it.
Clau R.
Aug 29, 2016 Clau R. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-ship-them, 2016
Becky
Oh my gosh, this book should have been called "The Well of Absolute Tension". Tense is the perfect word to describe this book. Luthadel is surrounded on all sides by enemies, they have a weak but idealistic king, no food, a small army and winter is coming. There are spies everywhere it seems, and murders keep occurring with no explanation... *gnaws fingers* Tense, I say!

I loved the political and espionagical (I know that's not a real word... I just made it up.) feel of this book. I loved learni
Hasham Rasool
VIn, the street urchin who has grown into the most powerful Mistborn in the land, and Elend Venture, the idealistic young nobleman who loves her, must build a healthy new society in the ashes of an empire.

They have barely begun when three separate armies attack. As the siege tightens, an ancient legend seems to offer a glimmer of hope. But even if it really exists, no one knows where to find the Well of Ascension, or what manner of power it bestows."

The Well of Ascension genres were fantasy and
Tweebs☯
“People who underestimated you were easier to manipulate.”

(I lowkey thought picking a quote would be easier but nope. They're all amazing so, I did eenie meenie minie mo.)

ANYWAY,

THIS

MOTHEREFFING

BOOK

THOUGH !!

It had suspense

It had action (Made me wanna pop in the book and fight people)

It had strong, wise, reckless, flawed, fierce characters that eventually grow on you. I loved seeing their growth in this book especially Elend and Vin. (view spoiler)
Markus
"Chaos and stability, the mist was both. Upon the land there was an empire, within that empire were a dozen shattered kingdoms, within those kingdoms were cities, towns, villages, plantations. And above them all, within them all, around them all, was the mist. It was more constant than the sun, for it could not be hidden by clouds. It was more powerful than the storms, for it would outlast any weather’s fury. It was always there. Changing, but eternal."

The Well of Ascension takes place one year
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
So this was still a great read but i just couldn't bring myself to love it as much as Mistborn: The Final Empire! *cries*. How to describe my feelings.. hum.. I guess, if you take out Ronan Lynch from The Raven Cycle that's how i felt. Still a good book but its just missing the characters i was obsessed with!

Updates.

Buddy read with my girl, Diana Bautista!!

JUST THROWING SOME NEW THOUGHTS OUT THERE: WHAT IF THERE IS NO HERO OF AGES AND THIS WHOLE "PROPHECY" IS JUST BULLSHIT??? YOU EVER THINK OF
Merna
This book goes something likes this:

Elend and the group: Hey, we need to find a way to defeat these two armies, led by tyrants, who've come to conquer the city.

Elend and the group:Yes, we should! But first, let us talk about it for 500 pages.

Anyway, I've read many reviews that mention this book is slow paced, but to even describe this book merely 'slow-paced' is a big understatement. I think glacial pace describes it much better. You keep thinking it's going to pick up, after all, it's 700 pages
Dylan Williams
Feb 05, 2015 Dylan Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH. MY. GOD. Brandon Sanderson is selling me a drug that I can't get enough of!

I think it did drag out a big towards the middle of the book, so plot wise it wasn't quite as strong as the first one. But even considering that this book still solidly deserves a 5-star rating. This series is blowing my mind and I am loving every moment of it.
Ecmel Soylu
Jan 27, 2016 Ecmel Soylu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ay noluyo be.
Peter Tr
After finishing The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) I wrote in my review that I had no idea why Brandon Sanderson didn't leave the story there (with a perfect conclusion), but instead decided to create a trilogy, risking to "degrade" the whole plot. Unfortunately, I was proved right. The Well of Ascension was a poor sequel.

To begin with, there was zero development in the supporting characters. They all seemed flat, written in the same voice, and a carbon of each other. I had trouble even distinguish
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
Vin frowned, then glanced at Elend. He seemed...distracted. "I don't like her," she said.
Elend smiled, stacking up the books on his table. "You don't like anyone when you first meet them, Vin."
"I liked you."
"Thereby demonstrating that you are a terrible judge of character."

Weeeellll peeps, it's official. I am in love with Brandon Sanderson. It isn't simply because he has some of the most unforgiving battle scenes ever, and it isn't because his books make me laugh more than they probably should
Inge
3.5 stars – spoilers for The Final Empire
"How insane are you feeling at the moment?"

The Well of Ascension didn’t quite live up to my expectations, but it was still a pretty good read. After the death of the Lord Ruler, the world is in chaos. Young Elend Venture has taken control, but he’s young and inexperienced and has a bit of an idealistic way of ruling, which will easily be taken advantage of. Several armies wish to seize power for themselves, resulting in a very tense stalemate, and Lutha
Anna M.
Absolutely freaking brilliant!

2016 Genre Challenge : Fantasy
Pinky
Apr 21, 2015 Pinky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The books keep getting better and better, I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!! Luckily, I have the third book so I can start reading ASAP! If you didn't read the first book and you are confused on whether you should read it or not, READ IT! I promise, it is worth it and it is amazing! If you don't know what the series is about or whether you should start reading it, check out my review to the first book, Mistborn: The Final Empire.

I was
Mel
Jan 08, 2017 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first read Mistborn almost exactly a year to the day. Actually, I started on January 3rd 2016 so yes, one year. I think that one year space between these two books was the perfect amount. I normally get tired and overwhelmed by huge books and that didn't really happen to me with this one till the last 100 pages. I still remembered the world vividly and the details.

I enjoyed about 95% of this book. Once again, I am faced with the problem that I do not like Vin and Elend so I don't like the mai
Mario
I am seriously at a loss for words right now.
This book. THIS FRIGGIN BOOK.

Before reading it, I had my doubts that I wasn't going to like it as much as the first one, 'cause I've heard that it was slow paced at some parts. But after I finished it, I can officially say that I liked it even better than the first one. Yeah, it was slow paced at times, but just because it needed to be. Slow paced doesn't necessarily mean boring. For me there wasn't even a page in this book that was boring to read.

An
Shannon (leaninglights)
Oh man. I don't know what to think. The last 250 pages were magnificent and while I still loved the first 500 pages, they were really slow at parts. I think right now, I feel like I will give the book 4.75 stars. But man, what an ending. Fantastic battle scenes and I care about so many of these characters.... I think I am still not over the loss of a certain character from book 1 and that affected my enjoyment of book 2 as well, so... but ugh, this series is so good. I'M CONFLICTED AND EMOTIONAL ...more
  • The Blinding Knife (Lightbringer, #2)
  • The Crimson Campaign (Powder Mage, #2)
  • Percepliquis (The Riyria Revelations, part #6)
  • Winter's Heart (Wheel of Time, #9)
  • First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera, #6)
  • An Autumn War (Long Price Quartet, #3)
  • The Desert Spear (Demon Cycle, #2)
  • Memories of Ice (The Malazan Book of the Fallen, #3)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S
More about Brandon Sanderson...

Mistborn (7 books)
  • The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
  • The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
  • The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4)
  • Shadows of Self (Mistborn, #5)
  • The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6)
  • The Lost Metal (Mistborn, #7)

“Elend: I kind of lost track of time…
Breeze: For two hours?
Elend: There were books involved.”
735 likes
“It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time...The losses are what define a man's faith.” 695 likes