Start by marking “The Girls' Weekend” as Want to Read:
The Girls' Weekend

The Girls' Weekend

2.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  202 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Ever since they met in their first year of High School in the late 1960’s and named their group, ‘The Blonde Babes,’ Jasmine, Jane, Sandi and Carla have remained the best of friends.

In adulthood, over the years, they have celebrated their continuing friendship at their annual girls’ weekend away together.

However, all that comes to an end in March 2006, when through the eve
Kindle Edition
Published April 3rd 2012 by Jaci Byrne (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Girls' Weekend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girls' Weekend

May 24, 2012 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2012, kindle, free
This was quite possibly the worst book I've ever read. The characters were unlikeable, their relationships were awful, the dialogue was unrealistic, the plot was meandering, and it was just too long. One character's "thing" was that she continually used incorrect words (i.e. obstinate instead of optimistic), so the other characters were correcting her nearly every time she spoke. I assume it was meant to be funny, but it got old fast. There were also lots and lots of typos and punctuation mistak ...more
Liza
Feb 08, 2016 Liza marked it as unfinishable
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2013
I literally lol-ed at the top review shown, from the woman who edited this book! The spelling wasn't an issue, nor was the Australian expressions (I read enough historically-set and historically-written romance novels to deal with that!), but the erratic punctuation is absolutely killing me; random commas galore. I put this book down once already a few months ago and I think I'm just going to delete it this time. The characters are catty to a fault and the grammatical errors glaring. Can't get p ...more
Mitzi
Oct 05, 2015 Mitzi rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-finishing
I cannot waste any more time trying to force myself through this ridiculous cast of characters.
Bev
Jun 26, 2012 Bev rated it really liked it
I actually edited this book for Jaci - but I can still say that I enjoyed it. The reviews for this one are both positive and negative. This book is about 4 women who have been friends spanning 30 years. Once a year they have a girls weekend away. From some of the reviews, women are saying they do the same thing and the story really resonates with them. Other reviewers are saying that this is all basically 'crap' and it is a 'cheesy plot line'. I think this is actually a true story. Another said ...more
Jean
Jan 24, 2014 Jean rated it did not like it
If you want to read a soap opera story, this one will fit the bill. Four women have been having a girls' weekend every year since their high school days. Things go awry when each one comes with a plan to go their own way and just tolerate each other.
Jumped back and forth between the four characters so many times, I had a hard time following the script.
Alisa
May 20, 2012 Alisa rated it did not like it
It is rare that a book is so bad I put it down almost before beginning it. But this book wins that award. I couldn't get past the opening premise: four "friends" who get together for a yearly retreat of sorts... except that the "friends" all seem to despise each other. Sure, everyone has friends that have some character traits that may get on our nerves, but these women seem to truly detest each other, and it's unclear why they are even still in contact at all, much less friends.

It's possible t
Abyssinia
Dec 20, 2015 Abyssinia rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Spoiler Alert!

This book was okay.

I didn't think that it would take such a serious tone. I thought that it would be a light and fun read.

I also didn't like the way the author skipped days, weeks, months, and years so suddenly. I felt like the reader always had to catch up on the action.

The fact the Sandi was so dumb and always got words wrong was kind of funny. But then it became a little redundant.

Lastly, the author killed Charlie for no reason. Just to bring the friends back together. Some of
Sara
May 29, 2012 Sara rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
This book tells the story of four women who have been "friends" since childhood who don't even like each other nor want to spend time together. A missing son and lots of infidelity causes even more problems among the women.

I really didn't like this book. None of the women are likeable or believable. One woman is a complete dunce. It frustrated me to read about these women.
Jamie
May 17, 2012 Jamie rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise!! I am not a chick lit reader, I've read some but prefer fantasy and paranormal. However, I absolutely loved this book! I found myself smiling both in happiness and disbelief. Sandi just cracked me up, I loved all the characters and loved the ending although it brought tears. Great book, definitely 5 stars and I highly recommend it!
Kathy
May 29, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
I got into the book right away, thinking this is going to be great what with just girls getting together once a year having fun and discussing their lives. It started out keeping me interested but kind of slowed down towards the middle and just was not exactly what I expected.
Martha
Jun 12, 2012 Martha rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
The only thing remarkable about this story was the awful relationships these women had with each other.
I can't e believe 4 women can treat each other so bad and continue being friends (if you can call that friends).

Amy
Apr 11, 2013 Amy rated it it was ok
While I don't think this is quite as horrible as most of the reviews make it out to be, I probably won't read this one again, just wasn't that interesting.
Christy
Oct 05, 2012 Christy rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, gave-up-on
I managed to get through six chapters before abandoning ship. Flat characters, awkward dialogue, and overly cliched sec scenes.
Cheryl
Jun 26, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was ok
This was good, but definitely wasn't one of my favorite. The story was pretty slow moving, chick book, but a slow read.
joyce
Nov 27, 2012 joyce rated it it was ok
Characters are not interesting, story is lame- I onl finished it because I do not like unfinished books.
Donna Bills
Jul 15, 2012 Donna Bills rated it did not like it
For Friends I would think they would be more excitied to see each other I did not like this book BORING
Kimberly
Sep 23, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was ok
I thought the writing was pretty cheesey. The story was entertaining enough that I finished it.
Susie Kelly
Jun 20, 2012 Susie Kelly marked it as did-not-finish
I didn't finish this one. Couldn't relate the to characters.
Shannon
May 19, 2012 Shannon rated it did not like it
I had great hopes for this book but not my style of writing
Katy
Oct 31, 2015 Katy rated it it was ok
I can't believe I read the WHOLE thing!!
Marie Gudde
Marie Gudde rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Trish Bogen
Trish Bogen rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Shirley Norwood
Shirley Norwood rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Joanie Wilmoth
Joanie Wilmoth rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2016
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
  • India's Summer
  • Corn Silk Days
  • Shrinkage: A Little Novel: That Grows on You...
  • The Clash of the Bridesmaids
  • A Slice of Life
  • I Kill Rich People
  • Results Not Typical
  • Moonlight Rebel (Moonlight, #1)
  • The Bro-Magnet (Nice Guy, #1)
  • Get Bunny Love
  • Discovering Nowhere
  • Faces in Time
  • Sweetwater American
  • One Day, Someday
  • Road Markers
  • Falling While Sitting Down (Short Stories)
  • When Girlfriends Break Hearts