Start by marking “Bittersweet (The Sweet Life #6)” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet (The Sweet Life #6)

Bittersweet (The Sweet Life #6)

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  362 ratings  ·  61 reviews
For Jessica and Elizabeth, the sweet life begins at 30…

From Francine Pascal, creator of Sweet Valley High and author of the New York Times bestselling Sweet Valley Confidential, comes the sixth installment of the groundbreaking, six-part, E-original serial, The Sweet Life, continuing the adventures of beautiful blonde twins Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield and the gang from
Published August 12th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet

Lynn
Sara
Ahh, the conclusion to the greatest digital series of the summer. At least, it's being billed as the final novella in this six-part series, but so many questions are left unanswered and there is a cliff-hanger ending, so this better not be the end! I need more. Immediately.

In true Sweet Valley fashion, everything is wrapped up nice and easily... with the exception of some romantic entanglements (when is romance ever simple in Sweet Valley?). Liz is meddling up a storm, searching for any possible
Virginia
....is this really the last installment of the series? Francine, you sly dog! You can't end on a cliffhanger unless you plan to bring out more stories from Sweet Valley! Here's hoping that's all but guaranteed by the ending, which leaves poor, dumb Elizabeth (never particularly dumb in the original series) heartbroken and shocked by the extremely foreseeable transfer of Bruce's affections (even though we all know he'll go back to Lizzie eventually).

Despite Lila ending up back with boring Ken, sh
Samantha Janning
I just finished the sixth and final installment of The Sweet Life, the new eSeries from Francine Pascal. Bittersweet wrapped up the tales of Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield and their gang of friends. Pascal offered readers a glimpse into their lives at the age of thirty, and I enjoyed this series. Book six is tying up the loose ends. Readers will find out whether Bruce Patman is guilty or innocent of the charges being pressed against him, whether Jessica and Todd will be able to reunite, and how ...more
Kelly Hager
This review will be full of spoilers after the next paragraph. Consider yourselves warned.

I very much enjoyed this story, but it was completely ridiculous. Mostly it was ridiculous in the best possible way but there were plenty of times that I wanted to yell at the characters in the book for either (a) refusing to communicate like grownups, WHICH IS WHAT THEY ARE NOW or (b) having a complete lack of common sense.

Now spoilers.

Jessica/Todd/Liam. Jessica and Todd are married and have a two-year-o
Victoria
This concluding segment of The Sweet Life #1: An E-Serial ties up the majority of the plot points. Yes, there are some predictable conclusions to be found here - after all, this is Sweet Valley - but there is plenty of excitement, too. And the ending! Wow - with an ending like that, it really feels like old times - though it would have been nice to have that bold, italicized text giving you the name of the next book! Still, I hope that information about the continuation of the series is released ...more
Kyla Crowley
Welcome to "Hi kids, do you like violence?" or The Sweet Life #6: Bittersweet.

Well.

Lila has decided to keep her Totally Real and Not at All Fake Baby for several reasons. 1. It's the only part of Ken she'll have left (she still doesn't REALLY love him - only ALMOST) and 2. She'll never be alone. Sounds like solid reasoning to me. Somebody please explain why the two most selfish broads in Sweet Valley history have children. And why has Jessica yet to mess up as a mother? You know that if that cra
Amber
Jan 27, 2013 Amber rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one! Retreat to the good ol' SVH classics!
Shelves: read-in-2012
Nicole
Our tale opens on Super-Sleuth Elizabeth continuing her investigation of Robin Platt’s origins by checking out a rehab clinic in Lexington, Kentucky. Aaron has been found out by Nola and he’s got to do some quick thinking (and reminding us all that he’s married to Steven Wakefield, a successful and respected lawyer) to get out of that predicament. Annie is still trying to get Bruce back to Sweet Valley (is anyone else concerned that she hightailed it to Cannes and we have no idea where her kid i ...more
Cheryl
In this final book in this six book mini series, Lila reveals her real pregancy. It is sweet justice that Lila was trying to win her husband back with a fake pregnacy but in the end she actually ends out to be really pregnant. Be careful what you wish for or I should say scheme for.

Elizabeth finds the missing link she was searching for in regards to the truth about Bruce. Jessica and Todd are back together and they are willing to try to work things out. Besides, makeup sex is so much more fun!

M
Stacy
Seriously??? This is your ending? How stupid do you think we are?? Yeah, yeah, I know--stupid enough to waste the time (though thank goodness, not the money) on this drivel, so obviously we deserve what we get.
(view spoiler)
Kim
My two-star rating is admittedly based solely on the ending of this book. I was loving it... right up until the last sentence. WTF, seriously? How can you end this series that way? So pissed off.
Amanda
This 1 star rating is strictly for the ending. Rushed and stupid. If there are no more books, then I would consider it a huge fail. If anyone deserves happy, it's Elizabeth. Screw Lila.
Fran
That's the ending? Francine Pascal, you troll.

I guess that means there's going to be more then, and this new era of Sweet Valley is here to stay? These characters lead totally ridiculous and implausible lives. Things like this don't actually happen to people, right? However, I enjoy them for what they are. They're entertaining and amusing, and I can read them while I'm pretty much half asleep. So, if there's more to come then I'm looking forward to that!

This series had a grown-up, yet still Swe
Paula  Phillips
The final conclusion to The Sweet Life collection of 6 novellas. In this book we read as Francine Pascal has revealed Liam's true colours , will Jessica accept his wedding proposal or will she prove to Liam that her heart no matter what still belongs to Todd ? Elizabeth with the help of Aaron was able to track down Robin Platt or should we say the truth about Mona Thomas . Will this help Bruce Patman off the rape charges ? Will he and Elizabeth finally be together or has she lost her chance as h ...more
Jennifer at BookShelfery
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!

I'm going to go over the entire six e-serials in this review. Don't read if you don't want any spoilers from the six books. Because I can't touch on why I didn't like them without giving away plot devices and story arcs.

As a fan of the Sweet Valley High series, I was more than mildly disappointed in The Sweet Life novellas, although I couldn't stop reading them. I'm addicted to the shenanigans of Wakefield & Co. and stepping
Michelle
Uche
After everyone carrying the idiot ball for so long, it was such a relief to have it all come together at the end. Go, Jessica! I loved her giving it to Liam where it hurt the most. Sucks to be you, Lizzie but you really were the world's worst girlfriend.
Bree Garcia
Nope. I refuse to believe that this ended the way it did. Although this final (?) little story wrapped up most things, there is still one large, gaping question that I have...and I'm not sure I can handle waiting. So, Ms. Pascal, chop chop.
And the ending... Setting us up for next summer!
Kelsey
Stacey
This final installment of this e-serial read as compulsively as the first five, but I have to say I was quite taken aback by the cliffhanger. This is a huge cliffhanger and it almost invalidates all the previous reading I did to get to that point. The Liam storyline was fine, I saw that coming from a mile away however I hate that it made things better with Todd and Jessica. In my opinion these two as a couple just plain stinks. And don't start me on the Lila storyline. It could have been the mos ...more
Miss Ruth
I'm glad I didn't read all the six books in this series. I seriously saved myself from unnecessary mindless drama. I also saved myself from being delivered to a really crappy ending. Really. And does the writer have something against Elizabeth Wakefield to make her fate so ugly? First, she lost Todd, then she lost Bruce. What? Since Elizabeth was supposed to portray the better twin, is this like a silent message that smart girls end up loveless because they are stupid when it comes to romantic r ...more
Aimee
This e-series did exactly what I thought it would do. Provided mindless reading. I was looking for something light and easy after some difficult and emotional reads. I read the SVH series in Junior High (man I'm old) and I was excited for a bit of nostalgia and seeing what's happening in SV. Some characters remain the same, some are so different from where I would think they should be. The writing is bad and some plot lines were just crazy--crazy soap opera type plot lines. But I didn't have any ...more
Kirin Long
Y'all are on crack marrying those two off and reinventing the story in modern times. The Wakefields are effing 50+, not just beginning to form permanent relationships.
Christy Pastore
Cannot believe how excited I was to see what my fave twins from Sweet Valley were up to and all their friends. I read Sweet Valley Confidential and then The Sweet Life e-series all six books in a matter of weeks. The ending was a good cliffhanger and I hope there is more to this story in Sweet Valley. I found myself saying, "No, it can't be the end!"

Spoilers if you have not read this book:

I'm curious to see how well Lila handles motherhood. If Todd and Jessica actually stay married and will Li
Betsy
I felt the series started off great but started lagging and getting more complex as it continued. Leaving the last book to wrap everything up...which it did not do. Meaning, what about Jessica's job? Caroline Pearce?? I thought for sure something would happen with that. However, what really gotme were the last two words of the book. I really hope there's another one to wrap it up.
Selina
What a crappy ending. Seems like a cliffhanger. Anyway, I don't like how everything was just so neatly wrapped up in the end. I wanted to see more Lila/Ken and more Todd/Jessica. I don't know how Elizabeth considers herself a reporter and never considered that Bruce had been drugged. A nice melodramtic ending to a nice melodramtic series!
Kristin
Oct 18, 2013 Kristin added it
Shelves: 2013, e-book
To review the whole series and not one book in particular -- it was quick. Each book took maybe half an hour and I could usually get two in lunch break. It's also exactly how the drama of sweet valley would have likely continued and very soap opera like, though expected. I could read these infinitely.
Merrilee
Loved the series because it was a throwback to the books I read when I was younger but the ending of this book ruined it for me. It was such an abrupt, unfinished ending that I actually went back to Amazon's site to see if there was a Part 7 that I didn't download. Worst ending ever.
Ummm can we discuss this ending? 3 28 Aug 21, 2012 01:50PM
  • Brazos Bride (Men of Stone Mountain, #1)
  • Best Women's Erotica 2011
  • Man in the Blue Moon
  • The Accidental Senator, Vol 1 in the Accidental President , A Political Fable for Our Time
  • The Elusive Mr. McCoy
  • The Milk Memos: How Real Moms Learned to Mix Business with Babies-and How You Can, Too
  • Knitwise (Chicks with Sticks, #3)
  • The Betsy-Tacy Treasury (Betsy-Tacy, #1–4)
  • The Hungry Heart (Heart's Desire #1)
  • The Whole Package
  • Alligator Lake
  • Rattled!: A Memoir
  • Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat
  • The Secret Lives of Hoarders: True Stories of Tackling Extreme Clutter
  • City of Darkness (City of Mystery, #1)
  • Julia's Child
  • Point, Click, Love
  • A Brew to a Kill (Coffeehouse Mystery, #11)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...
Best Friends (Sweet Valley Twins, #1) Double Love (Sweet Valley High, #1) Fearless (Fearless, #1) Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later Secrets (Sweet Valley High, #2)