Start by marking “O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It” as Want to Read:

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  157 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman were brutally murdered at
Nicole’s home on Bundy Drive in Brentwood, California, on
the night of June 12, 1994. The weeks and months that followed
were full of spectacle, including a much-watched car chase and
the eventual arrest of O. J. Simpson for the murders. The televised
trial that followed was unlike any that the nation had ever seen.
Long c
Published April 2nd 2012 by Skyhorse Publishing (first published March 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It

Lee Anne
Jun 20, 2012 Lee Anne rated it it was ok
Like most of America, I was captivated by the O.J. Simpson case. I can still remember being with my then boyfriend, now husband, watching something we'd videotaped (probably The X Files--how nineties is that?) and turning it off to find the Ford Bronco chase was happening, and all over the news. I've read an embarrassing number of books on the trial, including (If) I Did It, the one where O.J. himself (through a ghostwriter, naturally) lays out how, if he *had* killed his ex-wife Nicole and hapl ...more
Scott Rhee
Oct 02, 2013 Scott Rhee rated it really liked it
If one can get past the ridiculously sensationalized title and the fact that the book falls into the "At this point, who actually cares?" category, William Dear's book "O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It" is actually pretty compelling AND convincing. Before reading this, I was more than skeptical, but I have to say, with all seriousness, that I am convinced that O.J. did NOT kill Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman on June 12, 1994. This may seem silly to say because, after all, a jury of twelve pee ...more
C.
I have definitely changed my mind from being sure that O.J. did it, to now believing it was his psycho oldest son Jason who murdered Nicole and Ron Goldman. It's a shame that he is running free,and has never even been interrogated!

I thought the author[a private investigator] did an excellent job of uncovering the evidence, and writing about his investigation.
Susan Liston
Oct 05, 2015 Susan Liston rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime, read-2015
This was interesting, certainly. Food for thought, undoubtedly, but the author does not "prove" anything, there are just as many holes in his theory of Jason Simpson as the killer as there are in the case against OJ. If Dear had addressed these problems, it would have made a more compelling work, rather than continually patting himself on the back for being so much smarter then everyone else. If the LAPD focused solely on OJ as the killer and ignored all evidence to the contrary, he does the sam ...more
Ladysatel
Jan 26, 2016 Ladysatel rated it liked it
The author, a private investigator started to wonder if O.J. Simpson really did kill Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman after he talked to many people about the case. What first struck him as interesting is that after the murders, O.J. hired a criminal attorney for his son Jason, before hiring attorneys for himself.

He then began an investigation into the circumstances of the murder, going over every bit of evidence he could fine, visitiing the scene and interviewing people connected with the case. T
Michael
Maureen Shields Jacobs
Food for Thought

How I can explain this? Mr. Dear has made a darn good case that someone else committed the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. I do not wish to upset any of the family members of the victims, however, wouldn't it be prudent to peruse this avenue as the case is "unsolved." While I realize this will not bring the victims back, but it may save another victim if this suspect is the killer. What I don't understand in this book is that if the new suspect was arrested be
Maria
Mar 17, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
As the double murder and subsequent trials took place, I was captivated by all of it. I was also a CourtTV junkie at the time. There was no way anyone could have convinced me that anyone other than OJ Simpson committed these horrific crimes. Until I read this book.
Becky Morlok
Jan 22, 2016 Becky Morlok rated it it was amazing
This book has been out for quite some time but I never knew about it until I heard William Dear interviewed on XM radio last Fall. Being a criminal justice major, I was immediately intrigued. Like the majority, I was convinced OJ Simpson was guilty of the murders of Nicole and Ron.

No way. Really! When I mention this to friends, they look at me as if I've lost my mind. Darndest thing - William Dear hasn't been able to get the LAPD et al to reopen this case. The guilty party remains free.

This book
Kris
Mar 25, 2013 Kris rated it liked it
This book has excellent evidence supported by the opinions of leading experts but also contains a number of theories based on assumptions. It is a very interesting read but becomes quite redundant. 475 pages could easily have been 300.
Walt
Aug 22, 2015 Walt rated it really liked it
Shelves: true-crime
For sure, the LAPD did not really check out Jason Simpson. But there are a couple of facts relevant to OJ that the author (William Dear) makes no attempt to explain.
Donna Whitten
Feb 11, 2016 Donna Whitten rated it it was amazing
I was never a big fan of the OJ trial but I heard this author on the radio and it really peaked my interest. I can't believe how captivating it was. I refused to put it down and finished it at 3AM on a work night! Read it and then let me know if you still find OJ guilty . . . I have to be honest, I went into this book saying "Yeah right, make me believe otherwise" . . . and well, it really delivered!
Gregory Bart
Aug 14, 2015 Gregory Bart rated it it was amazing
Stunning book presenting powerful evidence the persistent, stridently-held opinion that OJ Simpson is a murderer is simply wrong.

Author Dear does not delve much into all the gritty details that made so much of the preliminary investigation, trial antics (on BOTH sides)and perhaps most of all the frenzied media coverage a near total, truth-despising farce. Instead, he mainly draws on his years as a famed, very successful private investigator and over a million dollars of his substantial personal
Kim
Apr 19, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: library
This book makes a convincing case for OJs adult son as the murderer. However, I see 2 major problems with the theory:
1- OJ didnt try to do anything to stop this guy from accusing his son. I would think that if OJ really was innocent, and is safe from prosecution, he would have at least said the book was bullshit. (BUT, we ARE talking OJ....)
2- IF the son was the guy, he likely has the personality disorders described in the book (evidence other than the murder is offered, fairly convincingly). Th
Janet
May 30, 2016 Janet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
He presented a strong case, even though he is not a good writer.

The book was quite repetitious, and a little hard to follow at some places, but the author brought up some very interesting points. I think the case should be reopened, and all leads should be followed.
Monika
May 20, 2016 Monika rated it it was amazing
A well written and outlined story! It covers & discredits every "evidence" prosecutors had against OJ. It also asks all the questions that police should have & all ppl with a critical mind did ask. All questions are thoroughly researched and answered. Highly recommend it.
Jason Weber
Mar 11, 2015 Jason Weber rated it really liked it
If you were captivated by the OJ case at all when it was happening, you should check this book out. True? False? Who knows? But Mr. Dear presents a pretty damn good case that OJ did not kill Nicole and Ron.
Staci
Aug 16, 2012 Staci rated it liked it
Wow! I used to think that OJ was guilty of planning/arranging for the murder of his ex-wife & that Ron Goldman was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That doesn't exactly make him innocent, I know. But, I think the author has swayed me...or at least put doubt in my mind, while presenting compelling evidence for the "real" killer.
The book gives an excellent detailed account of Dear's investigation. it reads quickly and kept my interest. My only criticism is the large amount of redundant in
Maddie Hoy
Apr 08, 2016 Maddie Hoy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If the investigation proves to be as thorough as the author states, then there are real questions raised about the dreadful murders of Nicole Brown-Simpson and Ron Goldman and how O.J. Simpson was involved. An interesting read.
Amber
Oct 18, 2015 Amber rated it really liked it
the title and the cover and some of the author's antics seems ridiculous, but I swear this guy was convincing me. . .
Sam Kigelman
Jun 03, 2015 Sam Kigelman rated it it was amazing
Captivating, immensely entertaining, and just plain-and-simply good to know. I believe in everything this man says.
Julia Lange
Sep 29, 2015 Julia Lange rated it it was amazing
This was really freaking good. The evidence is compelling and made me question my views on the whole OJ case. It really made me think.
Laura Blake
Jun 29, 2015 Laura Blake rated it it was amazing
I found it to be very compelling and by the end of the book....
Michele Abrams Lehn
Jun 19, 2016 Michele Abrams Lehn rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and enlightening. If you still believe OJ to be guilty, read this book!
Michael
Apr 17, 2016 Michael rated it really liked it
Goofy. Ham-handed. Compelling.
Shelby
Oct 12, 2014 Shelby rated it really liked it
Definitely food for thought...
Erika Togstad
Apr 26, 2016 Erika Togstad rated it really liked it
Very thought provoking!!
Susan
Oct 06, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Wow, this was a fast read for a book that has over 500 pages. I couldn't put it down. The author makes a strong case for his view that O.J. took the blame for his son Jason. I wonder if we will ever really know the truth. Reminds me of all the books on the Kennedy assassination; theories abound but it seems like some people don't wan't the truth to come out. Or maybe it did. Will we ever know?
Stosch
Sep 18, 2014 Stosch rated it really liked it
Shelves: pulp-detective
i give it a 4 because it has very compelling ideas/"evidence" simpsons son was the real killer, it really should get 3 stars but it was very thought provoking.
Kimberly Kotalik
Dec 12, 2012 Kimberly Kotalik rated it it was amazing
Best book I have read in years. The details are eye-opening and make be truly believe that O.J. was not the killer
  • Raging Heart
  • American Tragedy
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation
  • Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted
  • Have Glove, Will Travel: Adventures of a Baseball Vagabond
  • Eleanor
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Tillie the Terrible Swede: How One Woman, a Sewing Needle, and a Bicycle Changed History
  • Senior Year: A Father, A Son, and High School Baseball
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • Emma's Poem: The Voice of the Statue of Liberty
  • Why Sinatra Matters
  • The Sinatra Files: The Secret FBI Dossier
  • A Good Man: Rediscovering My Father, Sargent Shriver
  • Rat Pack Confidential: Frank, Dean, Sammy, Peter, Joey and the Last Great Show Biz Party
Dallas-based private investigator. He owns the firm William C. Dear & Associates.

His notable cases include the original steam tunnel incident involving James Dallas Egbert III.

In 1995, he participated as an investigator on the Alien Autopsy a Fox Television program about an autopsy supposedly carried out on an extraterrestrial being.
More about William C. Dear...