F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines, #2)

F814 (Cyborgs: More Than Machines #2)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  482 ratings  ·  44 reviews
She thought herself a robot, defective and unique among her kind, until he taught her how to live again.

F814 exists to serve the humans until they decide to terminate her. An instinct for survival makes her fight, but when she achieves freedom, she discovers she cannot throw off the chains of habit. Everything changes when another flesh covered droid arrives, a cyborg he c...more
Published April 15th 2012 by Eve Langlais

Redeeming Zorus by Laurann DohnerTouching Ice by Laurann DohnerTaunting Krell by Laurann DohnerBurning up Flint by Laurann DohnerStealing Coal by Laurann Dohner
Robots, Androids, Gynoids, Cyborgs, My Loves
20th out of 124 books — 146 voters
Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonDemon Possession by Kiersten FayHunted by Evangeline AndersonBurning up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Best Erotic Scifi Romance
134th out of 395 books — 631 voters

More lists with this book...

CaroleDee
Psssst.... I have a secret....... I LOVE Eve Langlais!

Okay, so not a huge secret. :) I'm pretty sure I've pointed out that little tidbit a few times. I just can't help it. Her books make me laugh hysterically, make me cry (I don't usually do tears), and last, but certainly not least, they are hot! Everything I ever wanted in erotic romance is a sure thing when it comes to Ms. Langlais.

F814 hit the mark.

The book synopsis is pretty spot on so, I don't feel the need to spoil any of the goodies for...more
 Rosebud
F814 is a female robot who exists to serve her human owners on a mining asteroid. Though treated worse than any other droid she consistently works harder and longer hours without fail so it's unclear why an order to terminate her is issued. The mining foreman decides to use F814's body one last time before carrying out his orders. Little does he realize that F814 is really a cyborg who has slowly evolved into having independent thought processes and doesn't agree with the termination directive.

S...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
F814 is a great continuation to a great sci fi series. I love the characters and the lives they have lived and are striving to continue. Joe (hero C791) has sent his cyborg brothers on a mission to find some much needed resources for survival. The added benefit to the assignment is that they have stumbled upon one of Chloe’s cyborg sisters. The problem is that the guys must convince her that she is indeed a cyborg and not a defective worker droid, and that to survive she needs to come with them....more
Lily Pilly
nicely written story with an interesting plot but similar in story line to some of the other series...saying that the way female cyborgs were abused at the beginning of each story in this series are distressing so I felt really relieved that Cyborgs series are HEA.
Dolce Amore
Reviewed for Booked Up

To See Review at Booked Up

Let me gush! I love how Ms. Eve Langlais starts this book. F814 (aka Fiona) is not a droid, although they made her believe it. She was a woman and she remembers her former life only in her dreams. She is disturbed with feelings that start to fill her head, she doesn't even know what they are and fears she might be reprogrammed if discovered.

In my dreams, I have a name. A home. A family and friends.
I can even see their faces and hear their voices....more
Linda
The female cyborg F814 has no idea about her own history, thinking she´s a mining droid with flaws since she´s on a mining site out in no-where space. Threatened with termination, she takes her destiny in her own hands, and takes out anyone trying to hurt her.
Solus is assigned to take his team to raid a mining site, take all things worth taking and search for information. Little did he know that he´d meet the one who´ll make him question himself and maybe - start feeling?
Great, quick read, smut...more
Lea Barrymire
This was a great second book to this series. I loved the fact that Fiona was strong willed and defiant. Solus so needed to fall hard for a female, and she was perfect for him. Now, Aramus is so gonna get his!?! :)

The characters are really starting to develop in this series. You get a great look at Solus' background and what he suffered. Seth steps out of his "human" status to show off. Just great character building.

Now, we just have to wait for the next one.
Lani
F814 is a great second instalment to the Cyborgs: More than Machines series. Like this first book I found F814 to be fresh and exciting. I guess my only complaint is that I wish for the stories to be longer and with more developed plot/characters, but I still really enjoyed it. So looking forward to Bonnie's story next.
Jasmyn
As you can see, Eve Langlias' Cyborg series is popular around here. In book one we are intruduced to a futuristic world where Cyborgs have revolted and regained their free will. We met a team of them that rescued Chloe and now they are searching for her "sisters". Solus and his team don't really expect to run into one of them at the abandoned asteroid mine, but now that they have, they will do anything to keep her safe and help her remember who she was.

F814 isn't really interested in all that. A...more
Tammera
Amazing as I expected and can't wait for B785's story keep them coming Eve!!!
melissa
Book 2 in the series sends Solus out to find resources & supplies on an abandoned mining asteroid. Only, it's not quite abandoned as it is home to a recently self aware female droid.

F814, Fiona, is one of the few female cyborgs and slowly recovers her memories of creation and abuse while trying to make a new life for herself in the arms of Solus.

Lots of tension & steamy steamy bits. But this does also move the overall series storyline along nicely as Fiona remembers about another female,...more
ValerieC
I REALLY hope she continues this series!!
Suzan
Jan 06, 2013 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I loved this follow on from C791! It was nice to see Solus succumb to the same emotions that Joe did! I loved Fiona and she was a perfect match for Solus! I worried that he'd refuse to accept his new emotions and her as he really didn't like the feelings he was developing and tried to deny them, as did Fiona as whereas Chloe had believed herself to be human and couldn't easily accept that she was part machine, with Fiona it was the opposite, she believed she was a droid and couldn't easily accpe...more
Carmen
I really liked this continuation of the series, although as with most of her writings, it is thinly sketched. Again, I wish EL would write longer, more deeply layered novels because she can construct such enjoyable characters and lanscapes, a reader wants to immerse themselves in fully. The Langlais world of Cyborgs was fascinating but as with the first story,over too soon.

She thought she was a robot, defective and unique among her kind, until he taught her how to live again.

F814 exists to serve...more
Charlene
All of Eve Langlais' books are great. She writes several series including "Cyborg: More Than Machine", "Accidental Alien", the "Furry United Coalition" (yes, it's FUC) and "Freakn" (her spelling). I buy them all!

I love good shifter stories. "Delicate Freakn' Flower" is the first of its set and is my favorite. Naomi just wants to know how many toes was she going to have to stomp on before people realized she was a delicate freakn' flower? She's surrounded by five big shifter brothers and claims...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
F814's past is extremely well-written. The 5-star torture scenes are eerily reminiscent of Captain Jean Luc Picard's "There are four lights!" (YouTube), though Langlais's scenes are infinitely more horrific.

I'm pleased to say Solus is kind and and considerate of F814's past and her fears. He never crossed the line and F814's behaviour and decisions were understandable and felt fairly realistic. She's unknowingly tough. Her ignorance regarding her past, her identity and her extreme fear of things...more
Liz at Fictional Candy
Ok, I read this book a few weeks ago, but haven’t had a chance to review it. So here I am, and I’m so happy I get to share my second experience with Eve’s cyborgs with you! Seriously, I’m really such a shifter fan, but these ‘borgs might easily make me switch teams. If you haven’t read a cyborg book yet, I highly suggest you start with Eve’s. Her ‘borgs are fantastic. You have Joe, from C791, who is kind of like the leader of the group. An Alpha, if you will, although he certainly isn’t alone in...more
Sophia
This was the second book in the Cyborgs' series and it was a solid sequel. They should be read in order because must of the explanation and world building are given in the first book.

Near the end of the first book about Joe and Chloe, the shocking information is revealed that there are several cyborg females that were made and kept top secret. Joe and the rest of the guys- Solus, Seth, Aramus, and Einstein are determined to find them even while procuring the resources they need for their world a...more
Kelly
If I did #InSixWords in my reviews, this book would get a "Can't get enough of these cyborgs!" I seriously love how they think and how they respond to things just a *little* bit differently than a human would. Watching Solus try to deal with this sudden influx of emotion when he considered himself so logical and emotionless was FUN. Heck, all these cyborgs are fun. Even grumpy Aramus and his constant bitching about... everything.

However, it isn't all fun and games. The abuse Fiona was subjected...more
Jessica Weissenburger
This book just blew me away. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect after C791's brilliant plot and characters, but it was most definitely better than the first one! Which is saying a lot as I loved the first one, though Chloe did get a little annoying towards the end.

Where to start! The characters were brilliant and there wasn't a dull moment - between Seth's outrageous comments, to Solus' jealousy, to Aramus' grumpy self nothing was too over the top or too much. The plot was great, though there...more
C is for **censored**
The star rating given reflects my opinion within ‘the official goodreads rating system’.

1 star: Didn’t Like it
2 stars: It’s Okay
3 stars: Liked it
4 stars: Really Liked it
5 stars: It Was Amazing

I don’t really give a rat-fuck that there are some who think I ‘owe’ an explanation for my opinion. Nope, nada, and not sorry about it.

Sometimes I may add notes to explain what my opinions are based on, and sometimes I don’t. I do this for me, on my books, in my library and I don’t ‘owe’ any special snowfla...more
Rochelle
I loved Solus & Fiona's story. I really enjoyed all the characters and the relationship between them and I loved the concept of the story. I loved the fact that Fiona was fiesty, stubborn & was just not going to listen to Solus and Solus a real alpha male all dominant and growly. It had good humor and also some sad bits. Fiona & Solus have great chemistry and once together made a great couple. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series!
Nae
Eve has created a wonderful world, where there is a Cyborg revolution and its happening right now!

F814 (Fiona) has been slaving away in a mine on a human based asteroid, thinking she was a faulty machine, until one day the humans became too much for her.
Solus doesn't think anything good about humanity, including those pesky emotions that some cyborgs seem to experience. When Solus finds Fiona all by herself on the asteroid, something changes inside him. Now he has to convice Fiona, she is not ju...more
Kim
Different

This was a different story line but not really for me. It was a little dark for my liking. There was nothing wrong with the story. Just not what I was expecting.
Miss V-Cam
4+ Stars

I'm really enjoying this series. A short, quick, steamy fun read with bits of humor, this is the perfect story for when you feel like starting something new but don't have the time to get caught up in a longer saga.
Stace
Apr 07, 2014 Stace marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-tbr
Cyborg Box Set
Jillian
2nd book in the series. smooth continuation. great read. I really cared for the characters too. have to keep going in the series!!
Felicia
Read for #DoinItDirty (Fun)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 3.75
Character Rating: 4.25

Things I Loved:
1)Solus---that boy NEEDED to fall hard and he did!
2)F814---she was awesome!
3)The end and where it might go from here!
4)Learning a bit more about how the female cyborgs got scattered!
5)Solid story backed with great characters!

That I wanted:
1)A little bit more story but I think that is slowly playing out over the series!

Great smexy afternoon read!
Kasumi
Quería leer algo diferente y regresé a este mundo futurista protagonizado por cyborgs.
Su aparente obsesión por matar humanos y que no se crucen con ninguno que no quisiera matarlos acabó siendo un tanto cansino, pero el conflicto mental de la protagonista fue muy intesesante y me animó a retomar esta serie.
Marianne
Good opening chapter. I think the confrontation withe the villain could have been more developed but I am glad that Fiona was able to get her revenge; so often the heroine must be saved by the hero. I'm going to assume that Aramas (sp?) will be the hero of the next book.
  • The Awakening (Cyberevolution, #0.5)
  • Taunting Krell (Cyborg Seduction, #7)
  • Choosing Riley (Sarafin Warriors, #1)
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • Embracing Silence (Project Alpha, #1)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred, #8)
  • Calder (Tales of the Shareem, #4)
  • No Escape (Trek Mi Q'an, #4)
  • Taking Karre (Divinity Warriors, #4)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestseller
~ Top 30 Amazon Bestselling Author
~ #1 Amazon Paranormal Romance Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve and I am a Canadian author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens lol.

Be warned, I do have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. I like strong alpha males, na...more
More about Eve Langlais...
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc And The Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)