Start by marking “Burning Cards (Drawing Thin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Burning Cards (Drawing Thin, #2)

Burning Cards (Drawing Thin)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In the second book in the Kindle bestselling Drawing Thin series, the world moves ever closer to Armageddon, as old friends and new foes turn against Trent, while his new charge, Celia, spirals dangerously out of control.

Six months after the terrifying blizzard that ravaged Las Vegas, Trent Hawkins finds himself deeper in despair than ever before, with his wife banished to
Published April 1st 2012 by Digimonkey Studios (first published March 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Burning Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Cards

Jen Bailey Bergen
May 20, 2012 Jen Bailey Bergen rated it really liked it
Holy cow, I've been meaning to review this book for months! That it has stayed with me this long should be your first hint that this is a book worth reading. The author has, if you'll excuse the expression, "a way with words" which manages to reach in and grab hold of my admittedly short attention span and then keeps hold of me for the entire ride.

I very much enjoyed the first book in the Drawing Thin series (Devil's Hand) and thus I had some natural trepidation about book two. Would it be as g
Pat
Sep 19, 2013 Pat rated it it was amazing
WOW! Burning Cards is a book that has everything. I thought the first in the series was amazing but this just got better and better. It’s another edge of the seat, fast action page turner that you won’t want to put down once you start it. Not only do you catch up with old characters from Devil's Hand, such as Trent, Celia, Ramon and Charlie but meet some significant and bizarre new ones, Fiamma, The fire girl being one. Loved the great action sequence between the Ducati and the Tuono and the des ...more
Rhett Petcher
Apr 05, 2012 Rhett Petcher rated it it was amazing
In his first novel -- Devil’s Hand -- M.E. Patterson treated us to a rollicking good time following the world’s luckiest man as he battled fallen angels, demons, and a blizzard in order to help save the world (and Las Vegas). I gave that book 5 stars because it read fast, was entertaining, and because I truly could not put it down once I started reading.

Now, I wish I had given the book four stars. This is not because I think it deserved fewer than five. Rather, the five star review left me no r
Stewie
Sep 21, 2012 Stewie rated it really liked it
An impressive sequel to Devil's Hand. Patterson has a plan with this series and I'm looking forward to the next one.

You can read my full review at HorrorTalk.com.
Annie
Apr 16, 2012 Annie rated it it was amazing
Loved the first one.

This book was amazing. There wasn't one page where something wasn't happening to someone. I loved it!
I love the writer's "voice".
Fiamma was my fave character. What a girl! Dibs on the bike!

GREAT READ.

Alan
May 24, 2013 Alan added it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book - Had me gripped from beginning to end. Rarely have I found myself wondering what is going to happen next. Great story telling; great characters. I cannot wait for the third book :-)
JK
Aug 18, 2012 JK rated it it was ok
There's some interesting imagery, but the jumbled mess that is the story and characters brings the whole thing down. Such a shame.
Angelica
Sep 23, 2013 Angelica rated it really liked it
Loved this follow up to Devil's Hand and looking forward to book three.
Mark Boltz-Robinson
Dec 22, 2013 Mark Boltz-Robinson rated it really liked it
Even better than the first.
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Del McBride
Del McBride marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Jeroen De Wijn
Jeroen De Wijn rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Rhoddi
Rhoddi marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Q
Q rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Allison Tolhurst
Allison Tolhurst marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Joshua Edenfield
Joshua Edenfield rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Donald C. Collins
Donald C. Collins rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Kari
Kari rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Andrew Meintzer
Andrew Meintzer marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Jeffrey
Jeffrey marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
William
William rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2013
Maree
Maree marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Moody Val
Moody Val rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
M. E. Patterson is an author and information technologist. His tales span the gamut from horror to fantasy to sci-fi. He lives with a geochemist and a dog in the Texas Hill Country.
More about M.E. Patterson...

Drawing Thin (2 books)
  • Devil's Hand (Drawing Thin, #1)