The Latex Companion

The Latex Companion

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This is the digial version of the printed book (Copyright (c) 2004).
"The LaTeX Companion" has long been the essential resource for anyone using LaTeX to create high-quality printed documents. This completely updated edition brings you all the latest information about LaTeX and the vast range of add-on packages now available--over 200 are covered! Full of new tips and tric...more
Published April 23rd 2004 by Addison Wesley (first published December 31st 1993)

Logan
Excellent guide to getting started with LaTeX.
Pia Jensen
A good reference book to learn everything you want to about LaTeX. It contains some details which are not always quite easy to find through a web search, but it obviously requires that you already know what you're looking for.

However, I can just as well recommend you start with the free e-book The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX before you throw money into buying this book.
Scott
One of the best LaTeX reference books out there right now. It tries to cover a lot of ground, so it may not have depth in every area. It does get me on the right track almost every time. The examples in this book are quite good and more usable than other LaTeX books I have used.
Megan
I found this a great resource both when I was initially learning LaTeX and later when I was trying to use it more efficiently. The book really shines when you are trying to develop your own typesetting or to create your own sections, etc.
Tim
The ultimate guide for anyone who is seriously using \LaTeX. It's abit steep, so not very well suited for absolute newbee's
Lewis Cawthorne
Yeah... You can google up a lot of answers, but I still like this nice desk reference to be in army's reach.
Christian
Also hier steht (fast) alles drin! Prima Nachschlagewerk.
Lukas
Der LaTeX-Begleiter by Frank Mittelbach (2005)
Jule
super Nachschlagewerk für alle Fragen
Huan Nguyen
Huan Nguyen marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Roman Tsukanov
Roman Tsukanov marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Winston Cheong
Winston Cheong is currently reading it
Jan 26, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
The LaTeX Companion (2nd Edition) (Tools and Techniques for Computer Typesetting) The Latex Companion, 2/E The Latex 3 Style Guide and Reference Manual The Latex Design Companion The Latex Graphics Companion: Illustrating Documents with Tex and PostScript(R)