Start by marking “Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)

Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  7,342 ratings  ·  665 reviews
They're here.

They ride.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Born of a match between good and evil, four siblings stand between hell's minions and everything they want to destroy. They are the Lords of Deliverance, and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride . . .

ROGUE RIDER

Jillian Cardiff came to this remote mountain town to forget the demon attack th...more
Mass Market Paperback, 391 pages
Published November 20th 2012 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Rider, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Rider

Jillian

Before I begin my review, I have to tell you I am a bit biased when it comes to this book. You see, I was the winner of the “name a character and book dedication” prize Larissa had offered in a charity auction back in March of 2011. Originally is was to have the book dedicated to the winner and name a minor character in either the third or fourth book in this series but Larissa, being the amazingly kick ass person she is, gave me the option to wait and nam...more
Aly is so frigging bored
ARC thanks to Netgalley/Grand Central Publishing
Publishing Date: November 20, 2012
Rating: +++5/5 stars
Light spoilers for those who haven't read the other books in the series

One of THOSE books

I have to tell you guys that I love everything that I’ve read from Larissa Ione, every book is better than the last. I was expecting to be so blown away by this book, but all the revelations have left me open-mouthed.

This book’s main characters are Resph and Jillian. Resph doesn’t remember who he is, doesn...more
Neyra ♦
Ah.Fucking.Mazing!!! *Spoiler Alert, might contain a spoiler from a previous book..*

For Reseph, First Horseman of the Apocalypse, life as he knows it, is over. Having been the horseman whose seal broke and almost ushering in the End of Days, Reseph's memory has been wiped clean, and he's been sent to the human world to start over his life, to heal from the torment of Pestilence's actions over the last year. For Jillian, living in the remote mountains of Colorado is her safe haven. She's come her...more
Ren
ARC version provided by NetGalley

More than 5 stars and Top Read 2012!

To sum my feeling right now after read this? This one is purrrrrrrrfect!

A perfect ending and HEA for Reseph and his ladylove Jillian Cardiff. I really hate Pestilence and what he do in the past. But, I can't help fallin' over head to Reseph. Rakish, charming but also make me want to hug him because he really regret his mistakes (as Pestilence) and want to start a new life. Jillian Cardiff is not bad and I'm glad she's so stron...more
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Jillian Cardiff has moved to the home of her deceased parents in isolated Colorado following a demon attack. One day she stumbles across a naked man buried in the snow. When he finally awakes, he has no memory of who he was other than his name possibly being Reseph.

I'm just going to say it...as much as I liked this book, I was really disappointed!! What happened to the bad boy that we have been tempted by and teased about since book one?? There was no way I was expecting FARMER JOHN!!! And whil...more
Naoms
I can only imagine how awesome this book is going to be. With everything he's done as pestilence. I can imagine what his falling in love and having to atone for his sins. Then having to make up with his siblings! Will make Lore and Sin bonding with the Sem brothers look like cake.

UPDATE: Actual Review

Originally posted on Confessions of an Opinionated Book Geek

“Rogue Rider” is the book that every fan of the ‘Lords of Deliverance’ series has been waiting for. From the first moment Pestilence st...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Ione does a fantastic job of developing a believable relationship between Reseph and Jillian, even though Jillian seemed too trusting at first. A lot of the book was focused on their relationship and I think that in terms of the romance, this is probably the strongest book of the series. Many readers will be anxiously waiting to see how Ione will redeem Reseph after all the evil he has unleashed on the world. To some, what he does will be unforgiveable, yet Ione expertly weaves a redemption stor...more
Elizabeth (Liz)
Almost killed in a demon attack, Jillian Cardiff relocated to a remote mountain town in the hopes of forgetting. If only forgetting were so easy. One day, while gathering firewood, Jillian finds and rescues Reseph, a man who seems to have no memories of his life. He does, though, have an interesting effect on Jillian, and also seems to have some deadly skills.

I've been a longtime fan of author Larissa Ione and her various PNR series. As I've stated before, PNR is not my first love, and an author...more
ßk☼lvr
OMG! 1 miiiiiiiiillion stars from page one all the way to the end!!!!

There are books I enjoy, books I swoon to, and books that make me feel awesome! This book...surrounded my heart and literally moved in!! Every character in this series is perfectly written. Larissa knows just how to bring it for me...

Reseph: One of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse ♥

[that's him and me]

Jillian: A human, and herione of my dreams!

[loved watching her turn into a badass]

These characters go up against: Satan, L...more
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
OH MY GOD!!!
LOVED!!!
Love Reseph!!! Love, Love LOVE him!!!!

Full Review:
Okay I have to start by saying Larissa, you are the BOMB!! I love your books. Can you do any wrong? In my eyes that is a big NO!!!
2nd I am so excited that I got a chance to read Reseph’s book early. The waiting has been killing me. I have been in love with Reseph since Sin’s book (so long ago). I just love the heck out this him. Even when he was that bastard Pestilence I still has mad love for his crazy butt. But boy howdy...more
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
First of all if you are a Paranormal Romance Fan and you haven't read Larissa Ione, then where the hell have you been?!
Stop what you are doing and get the first book in her Demonica Series. I promise you won't be sorry.

But a word of warning-Do not read these books out of sequence, you will get seriously confused!

This is the fourth book in the Lords of Deliverance Series which revolves around the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Which in my opinion is one of the most original paranormal ideas I h...more
Melanie
In the words of Limos: Awesome-sauce!

'Rogue Rider' finishes off the 'Lords of Deliverance' series with a bang! Reseph is the last of the four Horsemen of the apocalypse to get a story - and considering he spent the majority of the series as Pestilence, a despicably, disgusting bad guy everybody loved to hate, Ione had her work cut out for her! But she did it... and did it well!

Reseph will never be my favorite Horseman (I'm a Thanatos girl!) but IMO this story was truly perfect for him. Ione did...more
Amy

Originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-rogue-...

When I pick up a new book by Larissa Ione I always feel like I’m returning home. After all, she is one of the first authors to ignite my love for the PNR genre and I cannot name you one book that has not blown me away with her riveting storytelling. Rogue Rider is no exception and once again Ms. Ione allows us to escape into a world I find myself never wanting to leave.

“His demon isn’t dead. It’s merely locked up.”

Rogue Rider picks up...more
Layla

*ARC provided by Grand Central Publishing via Netgalley

My rating: 3.75/5
First line: “It was cold. So fucking cold.”
Favourite quote: “I can’t promise that you’ll like who I was before you found me. But I can promise that my feelings for you won’t change.”
Song of choice: Cradled in Love by Poets of the Fall

I’m not even sure where should I start with. This is Larissa Ione, after all, and those of you who read her series know for a fact that in her books there are many subplots running in the back...more
Dinjolina
I do NOT fucking BELIEVE IT! I KNEW that guy was going to be their father! I KNEW IT...KNEW IT! KNEW IT!!!!

And I HATE it SOOOO muuuuchhhhh!!! Arrrghhh!!!
Fuck, fuck, fuuuuuuck!
(Sorry! I had to curse. And curse. And CURSE.)

*sputters and rips out her hair*
Jess the Romanceaholic
FINALLY, the series is back to what I loved about Demonica <3

Full of plot twists, big revelations, great character development, and a fantastic HEA.

Oh yeah, and I did I mention confirmation that Demonica is back with Reaver's story next?

Oh yeahhhhhh.

4.5/5 Stars, full review to follow.
Glamdring
It was difficult to rate this book because I LOVE this series but to be honest I found the first half of the book quite slow then the last quarter was really good but too short.

Hopefully Reaver's book will hold its promises.
Ronda  Tutt
Fan-Freakn'-Tastic

Larissa Ione's writing is brilliant with a creative flare that had me glued to the story from the beginning to the finish.

The story picks up from the last installment of the Lords of Deliverance where Reaver (Heavenly Angel Watcher) erased Reseph's mind of all the deeds and carnage that Pestilence reeked habit on and then cast him from hell into earth somewhere.

The story brilliantly shows how Reseph's good side can out weigh all the evil bad side of Pestilence and control it w...more
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
This book reminds me again why I adore Larissa Ione. This fourth book is a winner for me. Reseph is one of the four horsemen who became Pestilence. I fell in love with Reseph. He's a tortured soul. Jillian is the perfect woman for her. She's a woman who is still shell-shocked from her encountered with the demons.

The conflict in this story was both believable and heart breaking. To redeem a villain so evil that his entire family would turn on him is not an easy task. Larissa Ione did an amazing j...more
Katie(babs)
Excellent final book in this explosive series, although I felt the declaration of love between Reseph and his honey too fast.

Also love Larissa's trademark humor with her characters. Reaver's reaction to a big humdinger of a spoiler is a hoot.

Bring on Harvester and Reaper's book! Let's hope it's filled with dirty, nasty hot loving.
Pamela / SpazP
I wasn't sure what to think the first half of Rogue Rider, since the heroine is a new character, but the book definitely picked up for me about mid-way through. And it is SO freaking GOOD. Fans are going to be very pleased! Can't WAIT for more REAVER!! Full review closer to release date.
Another fantastic installment in this series. This book was what I have come to expect from Larissa Ione. A great plot, sexy, bloody ass kicking action, and absorbing characters. It was 300 plus pages of non stop action.
Paula
Larissa Ione has written a fantastic, dark, gritty, exciting, and gripping series starring the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse. Rogue Rider is the last installment in this series and picks up where Lethal Rider ended.

At the end of Lethal Rider, Pestilence had been stabbed by Thanatos, thinking he has killed Pestilence and his brother, Reseph. In Rogue Rider, Jillian Cardiff, who lives in a remote town in Colorado, finds a very handsome and very naked, unconscious stranger in the woods. She drag...more
Tiko Telia
OMG... *jumps up and down, screams a little*... phew okay im fine xD but... WOW BIG DAMNED WOW... im sooo glad that i waited for months and didnt start reading this series until pestilences book was out...

actually i had 2 reasons for wanting to read this series :
1. come on i knew that Larissa Ione would rock my socks...
2. pestilences book... when i read a summary of this book i was totally bought :D a horseman of apocalypse with really nasty past and amnesia? please as if i could ever resist...more
Amy

WOW. FUCKING. WOW.

Photobucket

Hell hath no fury like a jealous angel with emotional instability and a mental defect

This book was fucking amazing!!!! I was sucked in from the very beginning when Jillian found "Fish Stick" passed out on her property.

First off I really didn't know if I would like this book or not because I despised Pestilence!!!! BUT man Reseph won my heart from the very beginning. He was charming, seductive and kind. I was awed my his character and it's safe to say he is my favorite horsema...more
Ronda  Tutt
Fan-Freakn'-Tastic

The story picks up from the last installment of the Lords of Deliverance where Reaver (Heavenly Angel Watcher) erased Reseph's mind of all the deeds and carnage that Pestilence wreaked habit on and then cast him from hell into earth somewhere.

Deborah
I received this ARC courtesy of my good friends at Netgalley & Grand Central Publishing in return for my honest opinion.

Rogue Rider is definitely author Larissa Iones crowning glory ! Resephs story is all about redemption & his triumph over Pestilence. Reseph has been saved from the bowels of hell by Reaver & dumped in the middle of nowhere ( buck naked in a snowdrift) . Yummy ! Reaver wiped his memory clean so that Reseph has no memory of the heinous acts that his counterpart commi...more
Lisa Annesley
4.5♥s

At the end of Lethal Rider, the angel Reaver contrived to have Pestilence locked up inside Reseph, instead of having both Pestilence and Reseph killed. Reseph was sent to the demon equivalent of hell to be tortured. Reaver took pity on Reseph, wiped his memory, and sent him back to the human realm. In Rogue Rider, Reseph awakes, naked, in the snow in a remote area of Colorado.

Jillian Cardiff finds Reseph and takes him to her cabin, where they are temporarily snowed in. He can't remember any...more
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
My thoughts......the whole novel was wickedly awesome! When I learned the story was on Reseph,I didn't have to guess it would be the best book in the series. I knew it would be the best!

The story starts right where it left off in the previous book,with Reseph lying flat out in a wintry storm,nekkid and no memory;thanks to Reaver. No complaints on my end,the images are never ending :P

The plot switches gears,from bad to worse.Reaver buys time for Reseph by taking his memory for a short time and...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
I know that I've said it before, but I probably will say it every time after I read a Larissa Ione book. She is the most amazing story teller of our generation. This book was brilliant!! OMG, I never thought that I would be able to fall in love with Reseph the way that I did while reading this book after everything that he did as Pestilence over the last three books. But I completely and totally did fall in love with him. I swear....pure writing brilliance!!!

You all know that I am a su...more
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Shadow's Claim (The Dacians, #1; Immortals After Dark, #12.5)
  • Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter, #0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 3.5)
  • Fear the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #9)
  • Warrior (The Fallen, #3)
  • A Love Untamed (Feral Warriors, #7)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl...more
More about Larissa Ione...
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)

“You named your son’s pet after a rabid monster dog?”

“No,” Thanatos growled. “Wraith did. Bastard taught the pup to respond to Cujo, and we couldn’t get him to respond to anything else after that.”
29 likes
“Oompa-Loompa Land?” He shook his head. “No way. Orange people give me the creeps. I don’t even like fake tans. I’d never be their king.” 23 likes