Start by marking “Kissing Zombies” as Want to Read:
Kissing Zombies

Kissing Zombies

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  33 reviews
BOOKS 1 & 2 OF THE "Girl's Guide" DUOLOGY. Rebecca Willis is a 17 year old survivor of a zombie pandemic who’s still in love with her high school crush Lance Tanner, who just happens to be be a zombie. But when things begin to threaten her ties with Lance she must choose over saving her own life and the lives of her friends or saving her zombie.
Published April 10th 2012 by Amazon (first published February 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissing Zombies

Emily (Book Jems)
I always feel awful about writing a review about a book that I didn't enjoy, but this just sparked something in me and I was upset about how much I loathed this book.
The pretense is great. A teen girl falls in love with a guy but doesn't get a chance with him before a zombie apocolypse falls upon them. And the book even started out well. I enjoyed the first twenty-five-ish percent. But honestly, the characters were completely unrealistic. I'm sorry, but as a woman who was not long ago a teenager
Christy
This was... interesting. Not great, but not totally horrible. It's just a quick, quirky read.
Sue Moro

The cover on this bind-up and the synopsis intrigued me. I was, however, expecting a zombie / humorous story based on the titles A Girl's Guide to Falling In Love With a Zombie, and A Girl's Guide to Breaking Up With a Zombie. Instead, this is a serious story set in a world decimated by a zombie plague triggered by a terrorist attack. It isn't explained if the plague was intentional, or an unexpected side effect of the attack. Perhaps this was glossed over to keep the story short, but I would h
I Eat Words
I was honored when I got a chance to read indie-author Richard Denney's debut novella. It didn't let me down! This book had the right amount of humor, action, and budding romance. The plot was interesting and the story line kept me intrigued. I wanted to know if Rebecca would stay in love with Lance, who is clearly not himself after being turned into a zombie, or if she'd fall for a zombie-fighter who happens to capture her heart along the way.

I loved the characters, especially her friends who
Amanda Pace
I have never read anything like this and I am quite impressed! I love zombie movies and zombie video games and have heard the zombie premise twisted and spun in every way possible, but not this way! The idea is definitely unique.

Rebecca is having a hard time letting go of her crush Lance who is now a zombie and I felt sad along beside her. I felt like Lance was more than just a crush to Rebecca, but also a reminder of how life used to be before the zombie pandemic. It's almost like she feels sh
Kelly
Did you guys know I have a thing for zombies? True story. Of course, I'm not quite as bad as Rebecca in this book. I mean, I'm not dating one or anything. Or kinda dating one. Or wanting to date one because before the dude ended up all corpsified I was creepy-stalker girl in love with him. Even though I hadn't really ever spoken to him. Or spent time with him. But, yeah, I still have a thing for zombies.

This novella completely amused me. Well, I didn't find so much amusement in the way Rebecca c
Marina (rinareviewsbks)
This book is about a teenage girl and her friends who are trying to survive the zombie epidimic. The zombies are taking over the world. But, a girl Becca falls in love with a certain zombie instead of being repulsed by him.
I really enjoyed this book. First, I love how the main charcter is in love with a zombie. I felt like this was a very orginal topic because it isn't something you see everyday. I felt like this book was very descriptive and had alot of imaginary.
To be quite honest this book p
Bridget-nicole Maxi
This book is about a girl called Rebecca who is in love with a zombie. But then Ryan, another survivor comes along!
This book was really great, I loved the story and zombie aspects. I've never read any zombie stories before and this was a really great first story, the only downside was that it was short and therefore I read it quickly and now I'm sad it's over! Lol. I really recommend checking it out. The main character Rebecca was really relatable and I felt like she was my best friend as I read
Rusty Fischer
From the first page I knew I would enjoy this quick, fast-paced, fun and quirky undead adventure. The voice, the tone, even the layout of the page and the ink/blood-splatter on the pages all invite you in and, once in, it's easy to sit back and enjoy the ride! Great job and I look forward to reading more of Mr. Denney's books in the (very) near future.
Holly
Loved this book. It reads really well. Basically like you are reading ReBeccas journal. She happens to be in love with Lance ( the zombie) LOL! so needless to say that really makes it ineresting. I cant wait to read A girls guide to breaking up with a zombie! : ) I would recommend you give this book a read. : )
Britney
Reminded me of Zombieland or Shaun of the Dead in that it's more of a comical zombie novel than tense or scary. I didn't understand what Rebecca (the MC) saw in Lance (the zombie) but it was a super quick read that ends with a cliffhanger. Plus, Richard Denney is awesome!
R.J. Gonzales
Awesome story! Combines elements of Romance, Comedy, horror, and suspense into one with shockingly realistic characters/events! :D Definitely looking forward to the sequel!
Alyssa
Originality - 4.5/5
Expectations - 4/5
Total - 4.2/5
Lea Ivy
loved it! def. reading the next one. watch my book review on http://youtube.com/BeautifulReader
Carolina Cruz
I'm reading this again and SO reading book 2 right afterwards :D yay!
Chelsea C
Loved it, will def be buying more of Richards books! :)
☣Lynn☣
Too fast paced but still a enjoyable story.
StarszBooks
Light and fun. :-)
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Kissing Zombies is actually a combo book of two novellas called A Girl’s Guide to Dating a Zombie and a A Girl’s Guide to Breaking Up With a Zombie, but I honestly think it works better when the two are read together like this. I think it would have brought it down for me if I had stopped where the first book ended and had to wait for the next part.

This was a genuinely fun read and the shortness proves to actually be a plus because it has the perfect pacing for the story. The main character Rebe
Ashley Ehlers
These zombie tales (as it is the volume for A Girl's Guide series by Richard Denney) are fast paced, action packed, short, and can be deeply developed in sadness. Which you would expect as it is an end of the world, zombie book.

Since it’s short of course it’ll be fast paced. In the beginning you see how the world is with zombies trying to get in for some of that human brain but then you see that the main girl is in love with one of those zombies. Because of this, she can’t leave her dead “boyfr
Wee Shubba (Totally Bookalicious)
Original Review: http://totallybookalicious.blogspot.c...

I grabbed this on Kindle for free. The cover caught my eye and so did the title. So I snapped it up. I went into it thinking it was going to be a fun, light read. And in a way it was. It was very light and very quick. It doesn't take any brain power to read so it works good for a filler novel. However, I like my books to have some depth to the story so it just didn't grab me.

Kissing Zombies is a bind up of two novella's; A Girl's Guide to
Lyuba
Darcus Murray
This was a very short read. It took me a little bit before I decided to write a review because I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this book. I do think that it should have been longer, had a bit more of a backstory. It does actually take a moment to explain what has happened and this is one thing I do actually really like about the book, I just wished there was more.

Between the zombie outbreak and the condition of the survivors, it was a different sort of take on this genre of material.

The w
Brad
Richard Denney is a very talented writer and he never disappoints with his novels.

Becca can't let go of Lance, a zombie who doesn't want to love, but eat her face off. I found this novel very interesting with a great pace, wonderful writing, and one of the best side characters ever, Ollie. (Fun fact: Ollie is the name of my dog! But... he's a boy XD)

*The only flaw I have with this novel: HE LEFT IT ON A HUGE CLIFFHANGER. And Richard, you did the same thing with THE IMMORTALISTS!*

I now NEEEEEEED
Mike
A quirky funny short tale of zombies and love. I can usually overlook grammar/spelling errors but it was distracting with the several that jumped out at me
Kyle
*3.5/5 Stars

Light, fun, and quick! Definitely something different out there (being in love with a zombie? Never heard that done before!)
Trish Wood
This was a quick, quirky, fun read. Im looking forward to more from this title.
Midnight Sapp
It was so cool, I had so much fun reading it. I wanted more!
Eliza
zomb-tastic!
it was fun, fast and so darn good.
  • Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb
  • Circus of the Dead
  • Year One
  • BadAss Zombie Road Trip
  • Snapped
  • Outbreak (The Zombie Chronicles, #1)
  • Paper Hearts
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • The Faery Hunt
  • The Seven Devils
  • Volition (Volition, #1)
  • Hitched!
  • Midnight Surrender: A Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • Zombies: Encounters with the Hungry Dead
  • The Hungry (The Hungry #1)
  • Zombie Cinderella (Zombie Fairy Tales #1)
  • The Undead: Zombie Anthology
Richard Denney is the pen name of author Christian Marotti.
More about Richard Denney...
Hollow What Lies Beneath Mara Hillserpent Academy The Immortalists

“I'm falling for you, but I can't do this if your still hung up on a dead guy...you can still love him and love me, but you won't let yourself, Becca.” 7 likes
“I love you, Lance." He rattles the frame of the window and reaches out at me. I guess that's his way of saying "I love you too.".” 5 likes