Start by marking “Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8” as Want to Read:
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8 (Blue Exorcist #8)

4.49  ·  Rating Details ·  4,193 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Awakened by the traitor Saburota Todo, the Impure King’s massive form threatens to engulf the city of Kyoto. As the Exorcists of the Tokyo Branch and the monks of the Myodha temple do all they can to contain the demon, Rin and his friends find themselves separated and facing their own battles. While Rin and Ryuji race to confront the full might of the Impure King, Yukio ta ...more
Published November 6th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8

Cornerofmadness
Jan 11, 2013 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, urban-fantasy
Chivitouille
Apr 21, 2014 Chivitouille rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2014

He recibido cierta decepción con este tomo, a la vez que suceden algunas cosas interesantes a la par no sucede nada, la historia no avanza.
Yukio por fin es sincero y podemos conocer lo que siente y piensa, todo gracias a Todoh que lo presiona al límite y aunque nos revelan ciertas cosas interesantes además de la gran inteligencia y habilidad de Yukio y de cierto incidente inesperado, no sucede más. Además de que por fin nos enteramos de que si sentía algo por cierto personaje por los flashback q
Barbora
Jun 09, 2012 Barbora rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-english, comics
Další výborný díl. Nejhorší je, že AnE vychází jednou za měsíc. To čekání je hrozné, ale aspoň to má delší kapitoly, než takový týdenní One Piece.
Ashley De La Cruz
Jan 04, 2017 Ashley De La Cruz rated it it was amazing
The storyline went off a bit but there are a lot of actions!
Julia
-Went off topic a bit
-Lots of action
Katia
Jan 25, 2017 Katia rated it it was amazing
Honestidad, en todas partes.
Es espléndido ver los verdaderos sentimientos de Yukio, eso hace que tenga compasión por el y es muy interesante el despertar de sus poderes.
Suguro, todo porque su Padre y Rin hacen las cosas a sus maneras es que estaban enojado. Ellos se volverán grandes amigos.
Amor eterno a la portada.
Caroline Doab
May 13, 2017 Caroline Doab rated it it was amazing
I love this series it's soooo good
Amanda Setasha Hall
May 31, 2017 Amanda Setasha Hall rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017
The story building in this is decent. There's sections that feel like you're missing something though.
Shawna
Jun 08, 2017 Shawna rated it liked it
Kuro's on the cover! The best part of this novel is Yukio. Is he awakening to Satan's blue flame? Will there be two sons of Satan exorcists? These stories never bore me!
Magik
Feb 28, 2017 Magik rated it liked it
usagi ☆ミ
This is one of the rawest books in the series so far - there are a LOT of feels to be felt by pretty much everyone in the book. Identity comes into question - both for the group as one unit and the individuals within it. The burden of inheritance. The pain of growing up with a sibling that might have been favored over you. The fear of going up against an enemy that could destroy the world - will you run? Or will you fight? In "Blue Exorcist: Volume 8", all of these questions are answered, and mo ...more
MissAnnThrope
24 January 2013

I love Kuro so, so much. Kuro kicks ass! Actually, every single person brought their A-game in Blue Exorcist, Volume 8 to give us one helluva an exciting ride. The epic battles are phenomenal and I'm so impressed by the impeccably detailed artwork in each scene. Ah-mazing!

For me, the standout heros in this volume were Bon and Yukio (and Kuro too, of course!). Bon impresses me more and more with every single volume. I love how much integrity this kid has. There really is nothing th
Sarah Maddaford
Yukio faces his own feelings towards his brother while he and everyone else are fighting to stop the rise of the Impure King. Rin must find the ability to draw his sword and control his power before Suguro falters in his mantra. This volume could have been one of the absolute best yet if not for the interruptions of flashbacks and the lengthy build up as a result of each of those interruptions. Each of the students is pushing herself to go further alongside the experienced exorcists. I do think ...more
Chels M.
Jan 08, 2013 Chels M. rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, navidad-2012
3,5 en realidad.
Aunque pensé que éste sería el último tomo referente al Rey de la Inmundicia se ve que no, que falta al menos uno más... no sólo se ha alargado enormemente, sino que me siento algo decepcionada. No es una mala historia pero no engancha tanto como los primeros volúmenes...
Sí que me han gustado las historias del pasado, conocer a la familia Shima, ver cómo evolucionaba la historia en sí, la acción, etc. Pero no sé, no acabo totalmente convencida.

Otra cosa que me preocupa es el te
Dani
Really enjoyed this volume. Nothing much happens in the scheme of things, they make it through their battles and everyone seems to gain some needed experience. It's not over yet though and really this was all filler as far as Rin's story is concerned though I do like the cliff hanger ending and look forward to what happens with Ucchusma. I really liked getting Yukio's perspective in this volume and how he feels about himself and Rin. While I don't agree with him about Fujimoto i like that we are ...more
scarlettraces
Feb 02, 2013 scarlettraces rated it really liked it
i see that i haven't commented on Blue Exorcist except to say that i liked the younger twin (that would be Yukio, feeding my minor fetish for harassed, stoic second leads) so let this stand for the series so far. i often don't get along with shonen (*so* not the target demographic) but this is smart, silly, a feast for the eyes and full of energy. i love the backgrounds, especially the architectural fantasias (the manifestation of the king of rot in this vol being a case in point), and the art g ...more
Philippe Lhoste
Tomes 5 à 8.

On a affaire à un nouvel arc narratif, la bataille contre une entité démoniaque surpuissante, créant et propageant des miasmes mortels.

Toute l'équipe, et les autres exorcistes, ne seront pas de trop pour le combattre.
Ce sera l'occasion de revenir aux origines (kyotoïtes) de certains, de s'interroger sur leur passé, leur filiation, leurs relations avec les autres. Et de gagner de la confiance en soi, pour le héros mais aussi pour les autres aspirants exorcistes.

Cette série s'améliore
Xcess090
Mar 11, 2015 Xcess090 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-volumes
Kate
May 17, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Emily
Jul 05, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. The action picked up in this volume with Kuro leading the charge. Rin's adorable, demon cat familiar was willing to sacrifice itself for Rin, which has been the most touching moment of the manga thus far. This volume also featured character growth for Konekomaru and Shiemi. I'm on team Kuro.
Negar
Sep 28, 2014 Negar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
الان میخوام گریه کنم :| داستان این قسمت، نقاشی هاش، همه چیش فوق العاده بود!
برعکس انیمه که داخلش رین خودش آمامیون رو شکست داد واینا، اینجا بون باهاش بود. یوکیو خودش یه مشکل خیلی خیلی خیلی بزرگ دیگه داشت که باید بهش می رسید و دخترا هم کارشون عالی بود. بکگراند شخصیت ها هم فوق العاده به تصویر کشیده شده بود ...

برعکس انیمه توی این قسمت هاش یه جوری بود :| داستانش که داغون بود :|
Jessi
Dec 19, 2015 Jessi rated it it was amazing
This manga is up there in my top 10. Action, adventure, a smidgen of romance. The character designs are all quite unique which I appreciate. As an aside, the manga and anime are so far removed from each other one you get past that first story arc that they could be 2 completely different stories. They are both quite good, though. Do both.
Sue Moro
Aug 07, 2014 Sue Moro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loved this volume! So much action and intrigue. Everyone steps up to battle the Impure King and we also see Yukio's usual calm demeanor buckle a bit when faced with a demon who knows just which buttons to press. I really loved Suguro's part in this volume; he totally rocked! Need to start the next volume right now!
Nichole Dawn Romero
Jun 26, 2014 Nichole Dawn Romero rated it really liked it
In this volume Rin begins to figure out who and what he really is and how to control himself. Meanwhile his brother Yuki stuggles with who he really is and just what is his role in life supposed to be?
Samuel
May 21, 2015 Samuel rated it really liked it
Some unexpected twists happen to a few of the main characters... But can you remember everyone's names? My advice: Don't take time off from this series unless you are good at remembering foreign names.
Sophia Jones
Jun 03, 2013 Sophia Jones rated it really liked it
The action is finally picking up! There was not only great character development of Yukio, there was lots of great fight scenes. Although I wish Kamiki's character had been explored more (she's one of the few characters left with a virtually unknown past) I'm excited for this arc.
Cameron
Jan 04, 2013 Cameron rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
This book was basically a continuation of the long fight scene, but being that I read some of the chapters online before I bought the book, it was a plesent surprise as to where things came in. maybe it's just the fact that i'm reading new content over old content, but I very much enjoyed this one.
Rita
Jun 22, 2016 Rita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meus, manga
Muito bom! Esta batalha contra o Rei Impuro está a ser qualquer coisa...
E aqueles momentos do Yukio com Saburota Todo, hummm...
Mal posso esperar pelo próximo volume e ver mais desenrolar de acontecimentos!
Lara
Lots of fighting in this one, and things are looking kind of dire (though I'm sure they'll work out in the end). Looking forward to the end of this battle so we can back to what I love most about the series--the humor! On to volume 9!
  • Crazy Girl Shin Bia Volume 15
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 03 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #3)
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 13
  • Pandora Hearts 13巻
  • The Prince of Tennis, Volume 10: Seize the Moment! (The Prince of Tennis, #10)
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 3 (Durarara!! Manga, #3)

Blue Exorcist (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 2
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 4
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • 青の祓魔師 10 [Ao no Futsumashi 10] (Blue Exorcist, #10)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 11