Wind In The Wires

Wind In The Wires (A Woody Creek Novel #4)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  31 reviews
The wind is whispering in Woody Creek...Change is in the air

It's 1958 and Woody Creek is being dragged kicking and screaming into the swinging sixties.

Jenny's daughters, Cara and Georgie, are now young women. They have inherited their mother's hands, but that is where their similarity ends. Raised separately, they have never met.
A mistake from Cara's teenage years looms ov...more
Published April 2nd 2012 by Macmillan Australia (first published April 1st 2012)

Vivienne
Ignore the awful covers that make these look like romance novels. They are very Australian, very real, very country small town and very well written.
Nicole McCann
Loved this installment !! Was shocked when it finished - if you are reading a book you really enjoy on an ereader you sometimes have no idea when you are coming to the end unlike a paperback - that happened to me! Can't wait for the next one !!
Regina
Love novels by Joy Dettman, she is such a great story teller. What an ending! There has to be another instalment...
Luke Devenish
In an earlier life I laboured on soaps for a living. When I first started I had a milquetoast executive producer who forbade the use of coincidences in our storylines. I used to tell him he was insane (my words) and that an audience loves a gobsmacking coincidence provided it's done with boldness and aplomb. That executive producer would be spinning in his crypt right now if someone had tossed in a copy of Wind in the Wires with him. Our Joy's got FOUR fat corkers of coincidence in the course of...more
Cheryl
Loved this book - what a cliffhanger at the end, certainly didn't pick that. Can't wait to read the next book in this series
Hazel Bartie
wow, now that was not what I was expecting at the end - can't wait for the next installment
Sally Edgerton
part of a series, read in the right order and you won't be disappointed.
Bronwyn Rykiert
I absolutely love this series, all the coincidences and all.

How unlikely would it happen that Cara and Morrie did not have enough of a conversation before they married not to have found out they were half siblings. Morrie and Cara's relationship is uncanny - at least she has now met her half brother but not in quite the way she had expected.

This is a catch up for me as I read the next book in the series out of order.

I enjoyed this story as much as the rest but I have to admit I don't quite unde...more
Kerri Jones
The drama continues and will certainly unfold in the next exciting instalment. Bring it on!
Debra
I loved it, another great woody creek book. I hope there is a fifth book in the series!
Julie Wicks
A great series loved it good family saga which I hope will just keep going
Yvonne Amarandos
Wow! Wasn't what I was
Expecting. The end leaves you wanting
Lindsay Pepper
The ending was a shock - guessing there'll be another...
Melissa
My first e-book. And STILL MORE Woody Creek HOORAY!!!!!!!!
Lyn Ford
Love this series, can't wait for the next one
Rowan
Woody creek series was and is great
Anna Graham
Can't wait for the next book ..
Maria Magdalena
Can't wait for the next one.
Janene Grinham
Great ending
Judith Yeabsley
Disappointed!!! This began like all her Woody Creek series books - fast paced and gossipy but then unlike the others it stretched the envelope just a little too far. There are always circumstances that are a little unbelievable and exaggerated but that fits with the style of the books. This time the cooincidences became more "oh come on" and I found it less and less engaging because of this.
Karren
This was the 4th in this series. I have been fascinated by them, even though they have a tragic bent. This one has a horrible, disgusting, surprise ending, but I still have to read the next one
Anthea Ramos
I couldn't put this one down - something happened in the third book that I didn't enjoy it as much but this installment was gripping. What a great read, and a great ending. This author certainly knows how to spin a yarn.
Leighsa
So good! Need the next one NOW!!
Sandy
I didn't like this book as well as the others in the series. Everyone has "those friends" who always share their woos. I'm just tired of nothing good happening to poor little Jennifer Morrison Hooper King.
Lavendar Williams-duncan
what a great and interesting read! Beaut characters, lots of twists, an especially good one at the end that I did not see coming. All in all thouroughly enjoyable.
Karen Crawford
couldn't put it down
these books are getting better and better as the series moves on
Robyn Coyle
The Wood Creek series was great - couldn't put this last book down - what an ending!!!!
Cara
Love this series. Can't wait for the next book.
Nikki Beaver
When is the next book???
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Joy Dettman was born in country Victoria and spent her early years in towns on either side of the Murray River. She is an award-winning writer of short stories, the complete collection of which, Diamonds in the Mud, was published in 2007, as well as the highly acclaimed novels Mallawindy, Jacaranda Blue, Goose Girl, Yesterday's Dust, The Seventh Day, Henry's Daughter, One Sunday, Pearl in a Cage,...more
More about Joy Dettman...
Pearl in a Cage Mallawindy Thorn on the Rose Moth To The Flame Henry's Daughter