Start by marking “May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  780 ratings  ·  90 reviews
New York Times Bestseller!

From the popular and exciting author of Spirit Junkie and Add More ~Ing to Your Life comes this practical and fun 40-day guidebook of subtle shifts for radical change and unlimited happiness.

Are you ready to work miracles? Gabrielle Bernstein believes that simple, consistent shifts in our thinking and actions can lead to the miraculous in all a
Published January 1st 2013 by Harmony (first published December 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about May Cause Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about May Cause Miracles

Ann
The book May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein came along at just the right time in my life. It teaches that "true serenity and happiness come from a connection to love." We can change fear based patterns in our life only if we acknowledge the fear's existence.
Andrea Toole
I got a review copy and promised to review it on my blog by Jan 1, so I read a 40 day (actually 42) program in 6. I couldn't put it down. I wanted to do all the meditations, affirmations and exercises NOW. Well, maybe not all. Not every one seemed to apply to me, but as I do the program "for real" with the hardcover version that I've ordered, I just might do even the ones that don't seem relevant to me. Something could come up.

Here’s how the book/program works:
Each day starts with a meditation +
Jill
This is a great book and I really enjoyed it! Its really a spiritual primer and would be an EXCELLENT workbook for someone who is just starting on the path; or perhaps those who have been on the path but need to get their groove back on.

For those who have been attending Gabrielle's group coachings and lectures for awhile (or following any other spiritual path for some length of time), this information fits in really well and will help you to stay grounded in your practice. However, if you have
Heather
There is some good information in Bernstein' s latest. And some great tools for practicing meditation and affirmations. Her language is definitely geared to a younger audience, with phrases like rockin' the f word (forgiveness), but her message is ageless and her enthusiasm often contagious.

Received from Net Galley for review.
Stephanie
This is the book that will greatly change your life!!! I feel so grateful that I stumbled upon Gabby and her work. She is fantastic!

Gabby takes you on a 6 week journey to a new happier you based on a new perspective on life. Each day you have a morning reflection and an affirmation that takes you through the day. In the evening you have an evening reflection/exercise. I have been telling all my friends about this book and many people say they won't have the time... not an excuse! It takes at mos
Lindsay
I saw the author a few weeks ago on Anderson Cooper and thought "that's what I need". It's a 42 day exercise but since I got it from the library and was only able to have it checked out for 2 weeks I couldn't follow them as designed.
I'm sure it's a great book that has helped lots of people, it just wasn't for me. At least not right now. Meditation and prayer isn't something I do. I might come back to later on down the road when I have more time to devote to it.
I did make notes of helpful thing
Jessica
I definitely had subtle shifts on this 40 day journey. My mind became more clear on certain situations in my life. It's nice to know there is another way to see things instead of going straight to a negative state, which we all do. Plenty of affirmations in the book that I use daily to remind me to be miracle-minded. It's quite lovely and l love the radical changes in my life.
Mallory Mikan
I think its a great alternative to the very religiously worded A Course in Miracles.
Leticia
In this her third book, the author, a student of "A Course in Miracles" offers us a six-week program of meditation, affirmations, journaling and other exercises to help us make small daily changes in our thinking that will result in big changes in our lives, i.e., miracles. The book is divided into six chapters, each focusing on a different area of our lives such as relationships, the body, finances, etc. The major themes of the book include the ego, love, fear and forgiveness.

The author used th
Sondra
This is my favorite of Bernstein's books. It gives simple, everyday structure and affirmations for forty days, for cultivating awareness as to how our own mental state impacts our daily lives. The book consists of 42 actual days of morning and evening meditations/exercises, along with written meditations. I also downloaded the CD that corresponds with the book, as I like her voice and the guided meditations vs. doing them on my own. Bernstein does a great job of bringing mediation and the ideas ...more
Sasha Wirth
I worked with Gabby on a Tom's of Maine Wicked! Fresh live chat event a few years ago and she continues to inspire me. I loved her previous book "Spirit Junkie," which chronicles her path to finding her spirituality, and believe this how-to guide is a perfect follow up. I started her 40- day program in January as a resolution and have brought meditation and a renewed sense of spirituality and gratitude back into my life. Truly life changing if you take the daily exercises and affirmations seriou ...more
Jessica Osborn
After I started practicing Yoga a few years ago, I became interested in meditation and the search for inner peace. This book is the perfect beginners guide to start that journey. I practiced the 42 days, waited a week and have started again. I highly recommend to anyone wanting to start a spiritual journey but not sure where to begin.
Amanda
I had high hopes for this one but somehow I could not get through this book and gave up. Not for me.
Brittany
Finally finished this 6 week process and I LOVED IT!!! I cannot tell you enough wonderful things about this book but I'll simply say, there isn't one person who I think wouldn't benefit from reading this book. I think even the author would probably go back and revisit the principles of the book because it's that good.

I was definitely a skeptic and wasn't thrilled at the idea of doing a 42 day journey (mine was around 45, I missed a few days) but when I really started evaluating myself and openi
Riki
I've read Gabrielle Bernstein's two other spiritual guidebooks and have found her to be inspirational. Unfortunately this book does not live up to the expectations I have for her work. I found the book to be repetitive and preachy. The daily meditations are monotonous. I felt the overall message is important, but it could have been boiled down to a shorter book with a general guide for meditation at the end. I also found the section on tithing with the gentle hint that the author accepts tithes ...more
Ebony
I feel like I should have just read A Course in Miracles. She seems to just be restating it’s principles in her words. I feel no desire to read any of her other books. There are about two sections that I’ll seriously interrogate and walk through one step at a time. But it feels really disingenuous to me to tell someone experiencing the worst pain they’ve ever felt to just embrace love instead. That’s probably why I don’t read self-help. I’m just the wrong audience. Although after reading I am a ...more
BUDOOR
I read both Arabic & English copies. I believe that the English version is much better.

أملك النسختين بالعربية والإنجليزية فقط لأنني أحببت العنوان، شاهدت الكاتبة في مقابلة، ووجدت فيها شيئاً ما يثير الإهتمام.

الترجمة العربية لمكتبة جرير سيئة، فقد سرقت الروحانية من الكتاب بل وحتى سرقت معنى اسم الكتاب فجعلت الكتاب مغايراً لمعناه بالإنفتاح على المعجزات ثم جعلته أكثر شبهاً بكتب التنمية الإعتيادية.

الكتاب عبارة عن برنامج لمدة 42 يوم، ومعظم أفكاره مقتبسة من كتاب "Course in Mircales" تقرأ في كل يوم فص
Melanie Cutler
This book and author are amazing. I am just finishing up my 42 days of this book and I have to say that this book has taught me to get in touch with myself, meditate for peace and tranquility, and to look at life through a different lens. I highly recommend this book and all of Gabrielle Bernstein's books. She is such a relatable person and her story is truly inspiring.
DK Hoffman
I didn't get to finish this, as it was due back at the library. But I'd like to find a second hand copy somewhere and go through the whole book. I'm always open to new ways to improve my attitude and my general outlook on life. This reads like a workbook, with daily exercises. What I've read so far, I though quite useful.
Wendy Davis
Not a lot that is new information besides a 20 something's discovery and take on ancient wisdom. I must be too old for this book. Was bored pretty quickly. Too much reference to "a course in miracles" but compelled me to read that instead.
Diana
Based on "A Course in Miracles" this 40-day guidebook is devoted to shifting one's attitudes and increasing one's receptivity to unlimited good. Affirmations and meditations are provided for each day of one's spiritual journey.
This was not at all what I was expecting, but I think that's my own fault for not knowing what I was getting myself into. WAY too New Age-y for me, and I didn't get anything out of it.
Amy
May Cause Miracles was an experience. This book had you look at your fears. A daily affirmation with a journal writing or meditation took each lesson a little deeper. Overall a good book.
Penny Van der lith
Not the worst book I've ever read, but doesn't have much depth to it. If this is your first foray into this genre, you might learn something new. I didn't.
Jacqueline
This woman used groovy (twice) and superneat in the first 8 pages...plus the instructions are to meditate and reflect....not a Jacqueline book..
Readit
This book was actually pretty cool. A Course in Miracles is a hard going book and Gabby makes it a bit easier to utilise.
Summer Sanders
LOVED this book and the 40 day plan. I absolutely had shift in my life for the positive.
Carol
Love the possibilities
Vicky
Although it was hard at times I loved working with this book!

Gabby gives you an assignment each day, e.g. notice your thoughts about [whatever]. She really eases you into being mindful of your thoughts and actions throughout your day and then in the evenings she leads you through activities and meditations related to your day's task. I really began to notice how my thoughts create my actions, reactions etc. and began to be able to stop myself mid negative-thought which was quite amazing. It was
Lindsey
Nothing really new for me here. Was pretty ho-hum, and I was just ready for it to be over with. There were some nice thoughts and affirmations here and there, but I don't know if they were worth reading the whole book. I don't think this book in particular is deficient; I think that I just do not resonate with this type of spirituality. The whole idea of trying to transcend your ego (and I don't mean that word in the negatively connotated way) completely - it's just not my cup of tea. It's why I ...more
  • The Desire Map
  • Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
  • The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
  • The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living
  • The Power of Kindness: The Unexpected Benefits of Leading a Compassionate Life
  • All Is Well: Heal Your Body with Medicine, Affirmations, and Intuition
  • Assertiveness for Earth Angels: How to Be Loving Instead of "Too Nice"
  • Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
  • This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart
  • The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life
  • Brave Intuitive Painting-Let Go, Be Bold, Unfold!: Techniques for Uncovering Your Own Unique Painting Style
  • Style Statement: Live By Your Own Design
  • The Body Reset Diet
  • Finding Your Way in a Wild New World: Reclaim Your True Nature to Create the Life You Want
  • The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level
  • The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time
  • The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self
  • Crazy Sexy Kitchen: 150 Plant-Empowered Recipes to Ignite a Mouthwatering Revolution
Gabrielle Bernstein has been labeled by the New York Times as the next-generation guru. A motivational speaker, life coach, and author, she is expanding the lexicon for the seekers of today and tomorrow. She gives talks and leads seminars throughout the country, is on the Forbes list of the 20 Best Branded Women, and has been featured in media outlets such as Oprah Radio, Marie Claire, Health, Sel ...more
More about Gabrielle Bernstein...
Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles ADD MORE ing TO YOUR LIFE: A Hip Guide to Happiness Miracles Now: 108 Life-Changing Tools for Less Stress, More Flow, and Finding Your True Purpose Miracles Now: 111 Soulful Methods for Releasing Stress, Busting through Blocks, and Achieving Peace MediDating: Meditations for Fearless Romance

“I am willing to see things differently. I am willing to see love.” 12 likes
“When we fulfill our function, which is to truly love ourselves and share love with others, then true happiness sets in.” 9 likes