Amazingly Stupid MAD

Amazingly Stupid MAD

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Love MAD on Cartoon Network? You’ll love this new MAD collection – no television needed! See why having a Super Hero for a neighbor isn’t so great! Survive diabolical episodes of Spy vs. Spy! Experience water parks through the twisted brain of Sergio Aragones. Plus, truly terrible Wii games, cartoons with giant frogs, and a summer’s worth of comics and craziness!
Published August 7th 2012 by MAD

Stewart Tame
A collection of articles culled from decades of Mad magazine. At least a few of these were altered from their original publication, most of those by being colored. I'm pretty sure, though, that in the original appearance of "Star Roars" the phrase was "fag robot" not "gay robot." I'm not saying they were wrong to change it. Respect for the original material is all well and good, but shifts in taste and the nuances of language need to be considered. Mad reprints really aren't the place for schola...more
Kristina
As with everything I rate 3 Stars, I would like to point out, that means I "liked it."

One of two things have happened... either I've gotten old and no longer understand the pop culture references, or Mad Magazine has become less funny. Since I don't want to think of myself as old, I am going with option two. I give Mad props though, it is a fond memory from days past and for nostalgia alone it earns an "I liked it" rating.

This collection did have some high points, such as:
Cards for Someone Who's...more
MJ
I won this book in Good Reads giveaway. I am finished reading it and enjoyed it very much. This is an iconic comic book that I loved reading since the mid seventies. "What Me Worry?" not as long as there is Mad Magazine out there to make me laugh. I love the amazing artistic drawing and vivid colors in this edition. Back in the seventies most of the magazine was in Black and White and I had to use my imagination. Spy VS Spy should always be in black in white (good vs evil) so classic. Enjoy a co...more
Max
I got this book free from Goodreads Firstreads. It is the first book I ever got free and it was great! I could not stop reading it. I love the show. The book is so funny too. I shared it with everyone in my family and my 10 year old brother loved it. Even my little sisters thought it was good. They all wanted to read it. I would recommend this book to anyone that watches MAD on cartoon network or even fans of the original MAD magazine. You will laugh because it is wacky and funny.
Jacob
Public library copy.

This softcover book is magazine sized, but with a spine. It's a best of that has somewhat modern Mad jokes in it and features the usual suspects: Sergio Aragones, Don Martin, Tom Richmond, Mort Drucker and Antonio Prohias. It's sort of a best of and features Drucker's Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back parody from the 80s.
Matt
Drayvin: "This book is very good. I would recommend it to older grades. Littler kids might not get it and I don't think it would be an appropriate book. For example, the TV show teases a lot; it is kinda graphic a little bit. Overall it is a very good book. It is funny and it would be for 5th grade and higher."
Kate Nichols
I won this book in a giveaway from Goodreads, which I entered for my son. I remember Mad from when I was younger and enjoyed seeing some of the same characters again. He loved the book, and has already read it more than once... We got it this morning. We were both laughing out loud.
Donna Charles
The satire, tongue-in-cheek, slapstick is still just as good as it was when I was younger. I love the way they take ordinary and find or make a humorous twist. I hope they continue and I will keep reading MADD magazine until I can't see to any more. LOL LOL LOL
David
Won this on the Goodreads giveaway. Brought back some great memories of reading Mad magazine as a kid. My kids enjoyed it as well. Thank you Goodreads.
Virginia Winfield
I won this through goodreads and really enjoyed it. I had forgotten how crazy these could be. It brought me back to a much younger age.
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Yahya
Yahya added it
Nov 23, 2013
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2012
Josh
Josh added it
Sep 22, 2012
Galaxy
Galaxy added it
Sep 02, 2012
Shawn Fairweather
Shawn Fairweather marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
EPIC MAD The MAD Archives, Vol. 4 MAD About Super Heroes, Version 2.5: Bigger! Faster! Dumber! MAD About Superheroes The MAD Archives Vol. 1