Start by marking “The Khan Series 5-Book Bundle (Conqueror #1-5)” as Want to Read:
The Khan Series 5-Book Bundle (Conqueror #1-5)

The Khan Series 5-Book Bundle (Conqueror #1-5)

From the co-author of The Dangerous Book for Boys, the Khan series is a triumph of historical fiction—a bold, epic account bursting with gritty realism and exhilarating action. Now this eBook bundle assembles the entire series—Birth of an Empire, Lords of the Bow, Bones of the Hills, Empire of Silver, and Conqueror—sparing no detail, from the Great Khan’s first conquest an ...more
Published April 23rd 2012 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Khan Series 5-Book Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Khan Series 5-Book Bundle

Jane
Jun 04, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing
Fantastic set of books, can't recommend them enough.
Iam not normally keen on reading about historical events, I tend to find most books drone on an on with no real feeling.
When reading I like to be able to connect to the characters and imagine the scene in my head.
Conn Iggulden really brings the story of Genghis alive pulling you into his world, and you just can't wait to read more.
Joan Adamak
Aug 02, 2012 Joan Adamak rated it it was amazing
Genghis, Birth of an Empire

The Mongol Nation lives again

Conn Iggulden, author of this story, utilizing the information he found in “The secret History of the Mongols,” , brought the era of the Mongols to life by expanding little known facts into a type of reality. The Mongol chief, Yesugei, leader of the Wolves clan, sired Bekhter and Belgutei, sons of one wife and then Temulin (Genghis), Khasan, Khajiun and Temuge and a daughter, Temulin by Hoeliun. From the time his sons were nine years old, Y
Dave Schumaker
Oct 27, 2016 Dave Schumaker rated it it was amazing
This book is actually an anthology of 5 separate books that make up "The Conqueror Series" -- a set of novels following the rise of Genghis Khan. In total, it comes to around 2,100 pages and is easily the longest book I've ever read. Most people who are saner than I will probably want to read the individual books at their own leisure! That said, wow wow wow.

This story follows the life of a young boy named Temujin and his siblings. Their father is the leader of "the Wolves," small band of nomadic
Jack
Sep 08, 2012 Jack rated it it was amazing
I had already read the first four books of this series (two years ago) but when I saw that the fifth and final story had been released, I decided to go back and reread the first four books before reading the conclusion in book five.

This is amazing historical fiction, well detailed and factual and with a story line that makes it difficult to stop reading. It is a sweeping historical saga that begins with the story of a young son of a khan who is banished from his tribe when his father is killed.
Barbara Ghylin
Nov 27, 2012 Barbara Ghylin rated it really liked it
I really had to talk myself into this one. So far I am impressed. I will wait and see if I further impressed.
Book 1- Birth of an Empire 12-2-12
This a very strong story about the beginnings an empire, a nation and a people that still exits today. When Timijin and his family are left to die on the plains they survive becouse of their mother. That is the begining. It shows a mother's strengh and love.
On to the next one!
Book 2- Bones of the Hills 12-6-12
Timijin is a strong leader that does his best
Lantis
Dec 12, 2013 Lantis rated it it was amazing
Unfortunately this is late because I was on a flight to Arizona and I could not update it until I got here, my internet was down for a day and I was only able to turn it on today. However really great historical fiction book, incorporated a lot of facts yet the author also added a bit of his own it twists. One conflict that I really like is how Jochi eldest son of Ghengis is not recognized by ghengis as his son because apparently he is a "rape born welp." Ironically when Jochi cannot take anymor ...more
Frank Gottman
Oct 24, 2015 Frank Gottman rated it really liked it
The entire Khan series is fascinating realizing it is historical fiction and mainly accurate. I am sadened to say the writing is less than good in that one must work to actually learn who is speaking and to whom. A small negative within the importance of the action but annoying considering the difficult Mongolian names used. One eventually manages to appreciate the story line and action in spite of the initial confusion. Ken Follet handles multiple character's names much more effectively.
I foun
Voronwer
Aug 27, 2013 Voronwer rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, historical
Excellent series. I only knew the story of a Mongols very generally and I must say, this book opened my eyes. I highly appreciate how the author adds notes to the end of every book to make it clear where the took some liberties and which parts are true.

I do think the series slows down a bit after Genghis death and picks up again once you get Kublai and Mongke's story. I must say that the author's choice to make the one gay character in the book a psycho did rub me wrong. He did explain his reas
Laura Williams
Jan 09, 2017 Laura Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series of all time. Conn Iggulden's brilliant portrayal of Genghis Khan, his empire and his legacy, is rich with history and thoughtful in its treatment of the characters. You are immersed in the smells, tastes, sounds of the time. He allows you to see the humanity in Genghis Khan will still communicating his brutality. Genghis Khan was an innovator and a forward thinker that influenced history. His actions impacted how militaries around the world are formed and organi ...more
Ris
Jan 19, 2017 Ris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
Read this back in 2012 and this series is definitely up in my top five. Who would think that a story about the Mongols and war could get a woman's interest, however I could barely put this series down. The characters are richly developed, there are twists and turns, you can't wait to find out what happens next, it is real history, the techniques of Mongol warfare and life in general are just fascinating. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I do not re-read books often, as I am constantly consuming new books one ...more
Ravi Singh
May 20, 2015 Ravi Singh rated it it was amazing
Highly readable, fast paced series covering the rise and reign of Genghis and ending with the ascension of Kublai Khan. Unputdownable! Finished all five back to back and still left wanting more.
Goes into minute details of the life and times of the great Khans and turns them into believable, human characters. The focus is more on the human story than the unimaginably vast empires they carved out in their lifetime. Complete contrast to the usual by the numbers biographies available out there. If y
Baron French
Feb 01, 2015 Baron French rated it it was amazing
Excellent series of books. I read this series after reading his Emperor series. Like Emperor, I quickly went through all 5 books. Coincidentally, I finished reading this series shortly before the tv series "Marco Polo" aired and it was great because I had a sense of the history of Kubla Khan and understood the few references to the cities conquered and his grandfather, Ghengis.

If gulden had easily become one of my favourite authors in this genre.
Christine
May 20, 2014 Christine rated it really liked it
I loved reading a story about such an influential people. The author brought them to life so convincingly and made the reader understand the culture. At the same time the books were packed with action and detailed relationships. I especially enjoyed reading the back and forth among Genghis's brothers. Also, the author gives interesting historical detail at the end and provides for where he deviated for the sake of story flow. One star was deducted because a few scenes tended to drag on.
Kevin Considine
Jun 05, 2014 Kevin Considine rated it it was amazing
Most of what I knew of Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan was bs from the Western perspective. This 5 book series was some of the best historical fiction I have ever read. The Mongol's came very close to taking all of Europe and were not defeated. It took the death of a Khan to stop them. Kublai Khan was so different from his grandfather but just as interesting. The only negative was finishing the Series.
John Devlin
May 25, 2013 John Devlin rated it really liked it
A wonderful read full of gripping history presented in a novelized form. Conn sticks close to the truth while embroidering the personalities. I'm a sucker for books that teach history this way. The writings straight forward and does a good job of creating ambivalence in the psychological portraits of even the most brutal men of this time.
Hans
Dec 20, 2012 Hans rated it it was amazing
The 5 book series is a long read but well worth it
Really provides a good sense of the scope and history of Genghis Khan and his decendents.
Entertaining and instructive at the same time! The best of the historical adventure novel genre
Hailey
Feb 01, 2015 Hailey rated it really liked it
really well done historical fiction. the author did a great job of adding character to these historical figures without jeopardizing historical accuracy. I particularly liked the tragic tales of jochi and tsubodai, more so than the actual khans
Barbara
May 18, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Reading about Genghis Khan was not top on my list but after a high recommendation I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! A fascinating read. I had a hard time putting it down. It was interesting to learn about the tribes of the time and how, as always, family shapes what we become.
Eric
Aug 06, 2012 Eric rated it really liked it
Brilliant historical novels! Iggulden lets you see, hear, feel, and smell the world Genghis grew up in and then transformed. It gets pretty brutal, but is completely engrossing. I've read the first three, and have books four and five on deck.
Zia
Feb 15, 2016 Zia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults and teens.
Conn Iggulden gives history an artistic flare in this great series. While thoroughly enjoying the rise and fall of characters and relationships in this series I have also gained great knowledge of conditions and events in that far off time! Great read!
Ankhaa
Jan 06, 2016 Ankhaa rated it it was amazing
Better than GOT.
А.Д.
Sep 28, 2012 А.Д. rated it really liked it
I loved the books about Gengis khan! Iggulden is in my top 5 writers, the way he mixes hisory with a bit of fantasy is just astonishing.
Alison
Jul 01, 2012 Alison rated it really liked it
Brilliant series - well worth reading.
Paul Bradu
Apr 28, 2012 Paul Bradu rated it it was amazing
Terrific subject. Could not put it down.
Manu Dev
Oct 07, 2016 Manu Dev rated it liked it
Shelves: history
Seems real and very believable. Most of the incidents and characters seem to be very close to the account I found in actual history text books.
M. Shipley
Jul 09, 2015 M. Shipley rated it it was amazing
Excellent, a lot of fun. It really sheds light into the times and place. I also like that at the end, the author distinguishes between what was real and what was made up.
John Palandri
Jan 17, 2016 John Palandri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the whole series, Iggulden bought to life the greatest conquering nation possibly of all time.
Ric Schulz
Jun 15, 2014 Ric Schulz rated it it was amazing
best I've read in a long time.
Mahesh Mane
Oct 01, 2014 Mahesh Mane rated it it was amazing
Awesome series since it has been written like a story than hystory.
Darragh
Darragh rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
  • Skammerens datter 3+4 (Skammerserien, #3-4)
  • Brilliance of the Moon, Episode 1: Battle for Maruyama (Tales of the Otori, #3 Ep. 1)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 6 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #6)
  • Blood-C, Vol. 01 (Blood-C, #1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind, Vol. 3
  • The Art of War and Other Classics of Eastern Thought
  • Pyramid (Jack Howard, #8)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender -  The Rift (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Library Edition, #3)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: 3-in-1 Edition, Vol. 1
  • コープスパーティー BloodCovered 1 [Corpse Party - Blood Covered 1]
  • Dragon Ball Z, Vol. 1 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 6 (Highschool of the Dead, #6)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 12 [Tokyo Guru 12] (Tokyo Ghoul, #12)
119121
I was born in the normal way in 1971, and vaguely remember half-pennies and sixpences. I have written for as long as I can remember: poetry, short stories and novels. It’s what I always wanted to do and read English at London University with writing in mind. I taught English for seven years and was Head of English at St. Gregory’s RC High School in London by the end of that period. I have enormous ...more
More about Conn Iggulden...

Conqueror (5 books)
  • Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror, #1)
  • Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2)
  • Bones of the Hills (Conqueror, #3)
  • Khan: Empire of Silver (Conqueror, #4)
  • Conqueror (Conqueror, #5)