Start by marking “Raw Family Signature Dishes: A Step-by-Step Guide to Essential Live-Food Recipes” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
While the raw food diet is the fastest growing alternative approach to eating because of its health benefits, preparing raw food dishes is so new that many people don’t know where to start. With 500 color photos, this friendly, step-by-step guide gently walks readers through recipes to create amazingly delicious and nutritious meals. Victoria Boutenko and her family are kn ...more
Published June 5th 2012 by North Atlantic Books (first published July 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Raw Family Signature Dishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Family Signature Dishes

Stacyj
Great pictures and step by step instructions. Many recipes I will make, some I will not as I don't have a dehydrator, and I am not ready to go there yet. This cookbook gives a very good look into the ("cooking") world of a raw food lifestyle. Still doubt my kids will try many of these! I did get them to try dandelion greens in their smoothie-- they were not very receptive. :-)
Hannah
Feb 03, 2016 Hannah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: raw, food, recipes, larger, quantity
I tend to be of the opinion that the Boutenko's are a bit too fanatical when it comes to raw food. And honestly, they don't look very "healthy" in their author photos despite all her protestations to the contrary.
Some of the recipes included are simple and easy and quite good...but I don't see any need to become an obedient minion to her philosophy that you will die if you don't eat exactly as they do.
Karen
Feb 27, 2011 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good but unless you have a dehydrator or want to buy one, I would borrow this book at a library rather than buy it. It's a little extreme for me but would like to eat healthier and a bit more raw.
Jen
I just can't see this ever happening. Every dish made with the food dehydrator makes me shudder. I might be able to juice, though. Ugh.
Laurel
Feb 22, 2010 Laurel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Step-by-step recipes for raw foods including photographs that guide you through making the dishes. Great for a raw food newbie.
Mar 09, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not quite 'ready' for this regiment, but its amazing to see what you can make 'RAW'... All whole and healthy ingredients!
May 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The definition of a step by step recipe book. Clever and nice layout!
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Kathy Sala
Kathy Sala rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Kyleigh Rapanos-Harrison
Kyleigh Rapanos-Harrison marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Sophia Hoadley
Sophia Hoadley rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
SAP
SAP added it
Feb 10, 2016
Shami
Shami rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Tarah Millen
Tarah Millen rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Lucy Schwill
Lucy Schwill rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Ardilia Wesley
Ardilia Wesley rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Ann Mills
Ann Mills rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Brigitta
Brigitta marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Leann
Leann added it
Nov 17, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
John
John added it
Aug 16, 2015
Eric Berntson
Eric Berntson rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Amalia Ulfah
Amalia Ulfah rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2015
Sharon Lee
Sharon Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
41941
Victoria Boutenko is an author, teacher, inventor, researcher, artist and mother of three. She teaches classes on healthy living and raw food all over the world. As a result of her research and teachings, thousands of people are drinking and sharing green smoothies.

Source: http://greensmoothiesblog.com/who-is-...
More about Victoria Boutenko...