A Kiss Like This

A Kiss Like This

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  35 reviews
What better gift for a new baby? The creator of I Kissed the Baby! celebrates animal moms and babies in an irresistible novelty book.

A giraffe kiss is very tall — just turn the page and see! Elephant kisses are long, of course, while tiny mice and bubbly fish have kisses all their own. Using a clever split-page format that makes for charming surprises, author-illustrator M...more
Published December 11th 2012 by Candlewick (first published December 1st 2012)

Kathryn
So cute!!! Very simple but utterly engaging little book showing how different animal parents and babies kiss. The lift-the-flap idea to show how they kiss ("Like This") is one that will surely be a winner with little ones and the illustrations are adorable and feature a fun variety of animals.
Ina
My story time audience loved this one. With brightly colored illustrations and rhyming text we see all sorts of animals exchange kisses, "A giraffe kiss is gentle and tall….a mouse kiss is quick and small." There are half pages to turn to display the actual kiss which my audience loved.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
A lift-the-flap book about different animal kisses.

It's a fun and interactive book to read with little ones. Q&A about the animals, then following it up with reenacting the animal kisses.

Theme: Valentine's Day
Additional themes: kisses, animals, parent/child

Reviewed from a library copy.
Bethany Boutin
The perfect read aloud for a Valentine's Day story time. Little ones will marvel at the bold illustrations set against a contrasting white background. The flaps of each page reveal how all different sorts of animals kiss, and inspire children to imagine these comical kisses using onomatopoeia.
Bree
Notes:
cute toddler-on-your-lap book
better than 'I kissed the baby'
sturdy pages, some are half pages to reveal the kiss
Renee
Good book for Toddler Story Class - love, Valentine's Day. etc.
Vicki
Love the lift the flap pages and repetitive phrase "like this".
Caitlin
Dangerously close to becoming saccharine but I love Murphy's vibrant illustrations
Meg McGregor
The perfect book for Valentine's Day or any day! Kisses by several different animals are described and it is so sweet to see my little one old enough to start giving them kisses back!
Bethe
#nerdlution day 31. Cute little lift the flap book of animal parents and children kissing, would make a good baby shower gift, too bad it isn't available in board book format.
Adrienne Furness
This would be a great one for baby or toddler storytime. I especially like, "An elephant kis is long and toot-tooty." Also, this is a book where the sparkles on the cover don't irritate me and the page flaps are used in a way that isn't gimmicky. Go, Mary Murphy!
Christopher
A cute story about different animal kisses. The flaps showcasing the different kisses is cute and makes for a nice animation effect. I'll probably use this in a baby storytime somewhere along the way.
KimBear
"Buzzy, bubbly, long, or small, whose is the best kiss of all?"

This book is perfect for sharing with anyone you love...and it's a fun storytime book too!
Tricia Barber
A very colorful book about animals kisses.I like the different sized pages and how they connected to each other. A cute book for Valentine's Day.
Morgan Sallee
Great simple story for younger audience. Different types of kisses from different animals! Great for reading and snuggling. Valentines storytime.
Brindi
lots of animals and kisses...perfect for my toddlers and even a young yoga program would work well with this book.
Jodie
Very young readers will enjoy this story especially with mom or dad doing the reading. Very cute and fun!
Ashley Wesner
Adorable!!! Read through this, and I loved it! It's always cute to see stories about showing the love.
kate
Very cute. The kisses seem to be between parent animals and baby animals. Love the lift-the-flaps.
Barbara
Sure to be on the Valentine's Day reading list. Love the variety of animal kissing sounds.
Kelsey
I will be reading this one for the little tykes! Cute fold-outs show action as kisses happen.
Paula
A lift the flap book for valentine's day where it shows how the parent kisses the little one
Kelly Rae
Valentine Storytime - it's fun to have the kids try to kiss like the animals in the book!
Jen
precious kissing book with flaps that change just part of the picture. creative and fun.
Erin
Cute and simple book about animals kissing. Would be great for a Valentine storytime.
Polly
Wish I still did baby storytime/laptime so I could use this! It's perfect!
Vivian
Perfect for sharing with a library story time crowd! Cute, fun, simple.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Forever
  • All Kinds of Kisses
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Baby Penguins Everywhere!
  • Time for a Hug
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Oliver
  • Stick!
  • Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
  • Monsters Love Colors
  • Tiny Little Fly
  • Clip-Clop
  • This Little Chick
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • Tuck Me In!
  • Dinosaur Kisses
  • How Do You Hug a Porcupine?
  • Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!
Children's author and illustrator Mary Murphy enchants even the youngest of readers with her bold style, combining eye-catching graphics and a bouncy text that seemingly jump off the pages.

Mary Murphy has an advanced diploma in Visual Communications and has written and illustrated a number of children's books, including her lift-the-flap, pull-the-tab book about friendship, ROXIE AND BO TOGETHER....more
More about Mary Murphy...
I Kissed the Baby! I Like It When . . . Say Hello Like This! Quick Duck! How Kind!