Start by marking “There's No Such Thing as Werewolves (Demons Rising #1)” as Want to Read:
There's No Such Thing as Werewolves (Demons Rising #1)

There's No Such Thing as Werewolves (Demons Rising #1)

Just because Jack turns into a hairy, wolf-like creature every full moon, doesn’t mean he’s a werewolf. Anna knows there’s no such thing as werewolves.

Anna Brown is a sorceress, and one of the leading experts on demons for the Arcanists. She knows how to help Jack shed the curse that plagues him, if he’ll let her, but the local demons are after Anna. She has a power they w
Published March 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about There's No Such Thing as Werewolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's No Such Thing as Werewolves

Celestine
In the mood for a demon read I picked up this Kindle Unlimited novella, and found a whole host of paranormal mischief. S.C. Mitchell kicks off his demon universe in this book with witchy Anna Brown and werewolf Jack Hughes. They had been middle school friends who each had a little crush on the other. Unfortunately, puberty hit Jack and so did his recessive werewolf genes. Years later, Anna needs a little plumbing work done in her kitchen (ahem!) and Jack obliges. So the two become reacquainted a ...more
C.D. Hersh
Jun 12, 2014 C.D. Hersh rated it really liked it
A story that provides an explanation to why there is all the evil in the world. SC Mitchell has taken a revised look at werewolves, demons, and the relationship to humanity. Adding in the Arcanist, witches/warlocks, who are fighting against the evil provides for a very interesting story.

The heroine, Anna, is an Arcanist, who has been studying demons and attempting to bring one from the other side. The only problem is her activities put her on the radar of the local demon lord.

The hero, Jack has
Michelle
Jun 22, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: zz2012-read
I managed to read this in one afternoon while my bub was asleep on me. I found it to be a really interesting and fast paced story that was definitely a page turner.

It’s not your normal werewolf novel so if that’s what you’re after if you go to read this you will be disappointed. Instead, there is a twist on what werewolves actually are which I thought was very clever and I enjoyed how the story evolved around this twist.

Things between the main characters, Anna and Jack, move extremely fast at th
Virginia Lee
Mar 09, 2015 Virginia Lee rated it really liked it
Anna, is an Arcanist, who has been studying demons and attempting to bring one from the other side. Where she has bought the attention of a demon lord to her. Jack has been carrying a secret for as long as he can remember. On a full moon he becomes a werewolf. One night the werewolf gets loose and finds Anna. Anna see that Jack has a demon inside him and will help to banish the demon from him. Things get very hot between the 2, can;t wait to see what happens next.

OVERALL IMPRESSION OF THE BOOK:
Margaret
May 14, 2012 Margaret rated it really liked it
This story of Anna and Jack is charming and full of thrills. Anna meets Jack when he comes to her house as a plumber. They realize that they had gone to school together as kids, but hadn't seen one another for years. As their friendship rekindles and deepens, Anna find that Jack has a problem - albeit one she can help him fix. The rest of the story chronicles their hair-raising efforts to solve this problem.
I can't wait to read The Forsaken Templar.
Eve James
Aug 12, 2012 Eve James rated it really liked it
Fresh voice, great hero and heroine and a lot of trouble spells out a great book. This one has it all. Love, magic, surprises and a healthy dose of humor makes this novel one of my favorite summer reads. The author captures our interest and makes us care for the characters. Well done. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Michele
Apr 28, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it
This book is vivid. A very easy read for me. The character Jack struggles with an inner demon, while Anna tries to free him from it.

There's no such thing as Werewolves is a wonderful story. I recommend it to anyone. If your looking for that something different with a love story this is the book for you.

I cannot wait for book 2!
Helen
Apr 25, 2013 Helen rated it liked it
A good start on a series from a new writer. I've picked up the second in the series to see how this continues. I enjoyed the twists on the "typical" werewolf and witch lore.
Carol2
Carol2 marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Jonathan Wilson
Jonathan Wilson marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
JJ Love
JJ Love marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Disha
Disha is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Tara Blake
Tara Blake marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Lois Gosline-Pomeroy
Lois Gosline-Pomeroy rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Bev Ross
Bev Ross marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Jennifer Rupp
Jennifer Rupp rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
ShaMar
ShaMar marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Virginia Daugherty
Virginia Daugherty rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2015
Bahijah hasan
Bahijah hasan marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Wanda Mayhue
Wanda Mayhue marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Kitty_ranma
Kitty_ranma marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Michelle Sanders
Michelle Sanders marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Paranormal Romanc...: There's no such thing as Werewolves 2 322 May 20, 2012 09:51AM

Demons Rising (3 books)
  • The Forsaken Templar (Demons Rising #2)
  • Seeds of Immortality (Demons Rising #3)