Start by marking “Boys Will Be Joys” as Want to Read:
Boys Will Be Joys

Boys Will Be Joys

Product Description
Parenting is not for wimps. When it comes down to it, sometimes parents just have to wing it, says Dave Meurer, father of two rambunctious boys. In this delightful read, Meurer waxes humorously on the miraculous feat of raising boys and staying sane at the same time.

From the Back Cover

Parenting is not for wimps.

In fact, it's a miracle that anyone can r
Kindle Edition, Reprint, 186 pages
Published October 1st 2011 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Boys Will Be Joys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boys Will Be Joys

Ryan
May 19, 2012 Ryan rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Seeing as this is a book from a Christian publisher, I probably should've expected this to happen. But with it being free to download, and myself being a still relatively new father of an extremely active 2-year old, I figured what the hell, maybe I'd enjoy it.

Instead, after just 30 pages, this book just ticked me off, and it earned the distinction of being just the second book that I've given up on.

First, the writing style is reminiscent of Dave Barry, which in and of itself is not a problem, a
Kathryn
This is not actually a parenting book, more a humorous memoir of one's parenting of two boys. It is published by the Christian publisher, Zondervan and although each chapter ends with scripture and there is mention of God, Jesus, etc., it is not overly Christian. I found myself chuckling to much of the book; had I not been in public while reading much of the book, I would have laughed aloud. It is a short easy read that I picked up for free several years ago. I hope Dave Meurer writes more books ...more
Stacia
Jul 02, 2012 Stacia rated it it was amazing
This book was very funny, from about the second page, I was laughing out loud! There is some christianity within, but no pressure. It was the perfect amount of Bible-based references for me. It's the second book of his books about raising boys, so it touches more on the older ages of children, but still a really good read! It was also an easy read, too. I'm now reading the first of the two books he wrote.
Jody
Apr 20, 2012 Jody rated it liked it
This author is hilarious, particularly in the beginning of the book. This was a lighthearted and quick read, with a few great insights into parenting. Don't expect profound parenting advice - this is more anecdotes than anything. I simply enjoyed laughing along with the author at the parenting humor.
Renee Weed
Aug 18, 2012 Renee Weed rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
While a lot of the book is humorous and left me thinking I could relate, I do not feel that I took much away from it. His points lack depth and the scripture is very minimal. Easy, quick read for a laugh but don't expect and new parenting insights.
Margaret Nahmias
Nov 18, 2014 Margaret Nahmias rated it it was amazing
This more like memoir than a parenting advice book which to me is part of its appeal. You can enjoy even if you are not a parent. While it may not give new advice it does talk about common parenting experiences with great humor.
Amy  Katherine Brown
Aug 19, 2012 Amy Katherine Brown rated it really liked it
A very fun read, full of humor, story telling and wisdom. As the mother of a boy, I appreciated the humor of this dad's book.
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2014
H
H rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Anna Pluta
Anna Pluta rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2016
Michelle McGowan
Michelle McGowan rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Luise
Luise rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Jaquelene Norris-Woody
Jaquelene Norris-Woody rated it really liked it
May 06, 2014
Deanna Warnock
Deanna Warnock rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Nicole Jacobsen
Nicole Jacobsen rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Shawnna Householder
Shawnna Householder rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Jessica Gardner
Jessica Gardner rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2012
David Black
David Black rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Rkb 2015
Rkb 2015 rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Misty Gallahan
Misty Gallahan rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Sabrina Gilbert
Sabrina Gilbert rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2015
Aaron Sharp
Aaron Sharp rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Amanda Brewer
Amanda Brewer rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2014
Jon Hembree
Jon Hembree rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Stephen Escalera
Stephen Escalera rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Kelli Bagby
Kelli Bagby rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
May 19, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2012

“Becoming a dad means you get transformed from the healthy, vibrant, intelligent, youthful person pictured in your wedding photo into a twitching, bewildered, sleep-deprived, Play-Dough-smeared creature who looks like the guy in the photo on the post office wall, only less chipper.” 0 likes