Start by marking “White Elephant” as Want to Read:
White Elephant

White Elephant

Hatred, loathing, fear, sad, love, coherent, incoherent, drugs, images, strange, disturbing, poems, happiness, thoughts, death, violence, stories, babbling, hope, joy, relationships, observations, rants, haikus, depressing, disturbing images; White Elephant. (Over 120 writings).

Adult audience intended. Contains four graphic images depicting violence and showing blood and a
Published March 30th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published March 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about White Elephant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Elephant

The Complete Poems by Emily DickinsonLeaves of Grass by Walt WhitmanShakespeare's Sonnets by William ShakespeareThe Waste Land and Other Poems by T.S. EliotAriel by Sylvia Plath
Best Poetry Books
397th out of 1,719 books — 1,889 voters
A World of Verse by Christopher  ShieldsToo Much "Ado" by Tony AngeloDuino Elegies by Rainer Maria RilkeBroken World by Joseph LeaseAutumn Sonata by Georg Trakl
Best Poetry Publications
67th out of 215 books — 162 voters

More lists with this book...

Donald Armfield
Nov 03, 2014 Donald Armfield rated it really liked it
White Elephant. We all have those dreams that you feel like you can touch, the words of this author leaves thought and a question. Am I awake yet? This collection is not better than his second collection which I recommend reading. Praise for "Scribbles!"

A quote from Volatalistic Phil. "Heart shaped butt passing. It's the little things in life. That give me meaning."

"Strawberry Tears" I could see being adapted into a childrens book. A strawberry crying for help from a caterpillar with an eye patc
Raegan Butcher
Sep 16, 2013 Raegan Butcher rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author, but it certainly won't be the last. Phil is the real deal: compassionate, intelligent, honest, self-deprecating, sensitive, perceptive. When one is all of those things today, the result can be a lot of pain. But Phil is also a survivor. Someone once said that poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world. Phil is a poet in the truest sense: a man who takes the raw material of his life and spreads it across the page,sneaking up on his own s ...more
Phil Volatile
Jan 07, 2016 Phil Volatile added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I don't know where to start when trying to talk about this book. This was my first collection and better attempt at poetry. I don't know if it's a success or a fail. I wrote this collection during a strange time in my life. I know that probably doesn't make that much sense; at least when thinking about my life I consider them to all be strange times and ever-changing.

With each piece that I write, I look at the former one(s) as garbage and not being good enough. I try to raise the bar with each o
Jenn
Apr 12, 2012 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'unsung words are not songs, and unlit torches might as well be gone.'

To me, this volume is a wonderful, surreal landscape of incidents and observations. Theoretically, the surreal and bizarre poems shouldn't make sense, but they somehow do, and each of them trigger an emotional response in me. I guess this volume could mean a thousand different things to a thousand different people. This is a book to keep and re-read every once in a while, to see if the colours change and a different meaning su
Trish
Jul 06, 2012 Trish rated it it was amazing
Just as I had thought, this book was superb.
The poems has reached out in all aspects of each feeling I could convey. Fear, anxiousness, love, wonders, etc.
I'm not a huge fan of poems, but, the author kept me intrigued by his use of words. You can actually feel and know what the author is going through at the time the poem was composed.
I would definitely recommend this book.
Casey Kiser
Nov 25, 2014 Casey Kiser rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, i-own
I love the wonderful chaos of this book. I didn't connect with this one as well as 'White Wedding Lies' but it is a fun read of Phil's observations and thoughts. I enjoyed this book very much. I especially loved 'Mayday'. Looking forward to reading more from this unique author.
Janie C.
Janie C. marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Harry Whitewolf
Harry Whitewolf marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
ramona stagner
ramona stagner rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Nounou
Nounou rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Marissa K
Marissa K rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Arlene
Arlene marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Becky Christensen
Becky Christensen marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Atheena Durazo
Atheena Durazo marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
rosie rae
rosie rae rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Sky
Sky marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Makayla Crews
Makayla Crews marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kimberly Spivey
Kimberly Spivey marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Johnnie Mae Terry
Johnnie Mae Terry marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Aug 06, 2014
Madhan Kumar
Madhan Kumar marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Isca Sulit
Isca Sulit marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Jc Tagyamon
Jc Tagyamon marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Justin Alexandra
Justin Alexandra is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2013
Jes
Jes marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
sonnet
sonnet marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Gonsalves
Gonsalves marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Contact- Twitter: @PhilVolatile

Phil Volatile (formerly Volatalistic Phil) is the crap dice hero saint of orphan love who's been slamming into the speed bumps of life since 1985. A former substance use technician who put down the bottle and picked up a pen is now writing books for general amusement. He's still into women, motorcycles, cars, and wasting time.

The lonely tumbleweed of the southwest c
More about Phil Volatile...