Start by marking “Rush (The Game, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rush (The Game, #1)

Rush (The Game #1)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  3,529 ratings  ·  584 reviews
So what's the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

Miki Jones's carefully controlled life spins into chaos after she's run down in the street, left broken and bloody. She wakes up fully healed in a place called the lobby - pulled from her life, through tiime and space into some kind of game in which she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the
Hardcover, First Edition, 364 pages
Published June 11th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.

Sadie I hated this book, too. Which is a shame, because the concept behind it was actually really great. Too bad it was just another basic…moreI hated this book, too. Which is a shame, because the concept behind it was actually really great. Too bad it was just another basic YA/cliche/instalove bullshit thing(less)

Every single thing about this book annoyed me. It's not a terrible book in theory: the premise is interesting and it has a strong heroine, but its execution left me so incredibly irritated.

Rush starts with a bang when we're immediately lifted into a whirlwind of a plot, one that screams originality and awesomeness up ahead. It was for sure original; awesome, however, it is not. Let's begin with Jackson, and how his character was used in this book. When Miki is pulled into this strange "game" wh
Stacia (the 2010 club)
May 07, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Maybe someone who struggled with Ready Player One and wouldn't mind extra romance?
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read w/Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
I learned something new today.

It is possible to like a book because it's unbelievable.

However, it is also possible to dislike the exact same book because it's unbelievable.

Miki was having a bad day when a car crash resulted in her waking up inside of a game where she was stuck killing aliens in order to get back to her life before. Well, as long she could keep her bracelet from turning red, that is. Avoid those alien attacks kids, or your day might just go from bad to worse!

The concept of Rush i
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
On the surface, Rush has everything going for it: a great cover, an excellent idea, a promising beginning and a pretty decent pacing. These are all things that stay true until the end. But along the line, other things crawl in between them – things like love triangles (rectangles, really), best friend drama etc. and they ruin the fun just a little bit.

However, that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy Rush – it is perhaps one of the most appropriately titled books I’ve ever read. Everything but the middl
Jaime Arkin
4.5 big bright stars and I'm sitting here shaking my fist at you Eve Silver!!

photo AmypoehlergifpagespeedcedTFun0Oq3k_zpsd48f0d03.gif

Let me get that half star reduction out of the way. There is a giant cliffie at the end of this book, so if that's not your thing... well, I warned you.

OH MY GOD THIS STORY!! I absolutely loved it and I wasn't sure I would.

Miki Jones is suddenly pulled from her real life into what seems to be a real life video game. She and a team of 4 others are sent into a world where she has to eliminate an alien life form called t
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Thank you HarperTeen for sending me the copy. No compensation was given of taken to alter this review.

What drew me into reading this novel would have to bethe synopsis. We start of with a bang, literally. Miki Jones is sitting down with her friends when she observes a deaf little girl walking on the street- unaware of an incoming truck. With the urging voice whispering in her head, she runs afterthe girl, saving her. However, Miki got unlucky, as she got inj
Taylor Knight
I read this book in 2013 when it first came out and I liked it when but I had some problems with the characters. I've been thinking about Rush a lot lately so I decided to reread it. I thought my opinions on this book would have changed in the last two years but surprisingly, they've stayed pretty much the exact same.

Rush is super fast paced in the first 100 pages. I really liked how fast Silver jumped into the story. It did slow up in the last 100 pages but it wasn't boring by all means.
I love

I don't even really know where to start. Maybe just with this: you know it's a bad sign when you're reading a book and rolling your eyes every other page. The overall reading experience of Rushwas one filled with annoyance. And while the concept may have still delivered to a certain extent, I cannot honestly say that I enjoyed reading this book. Let's look at the reasons why.

1. I hated the main character.

Let me start here, with the main character Miki. I hate her. It isn't that she's a
Faye, la Patata
Read this and my other reviews at The Social Potato!

A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review. This did not influence my thoughts in any way.

Damn, I really don't know what to make of Rush. I have to admit that the blurb and cover made me a tad bit excited; I anticipated this book for months. Before reading, I got The Hunger Games vibes from it, but after I finished the book, I can safely conclude it has more of a Divergent feel than anything else, with its fast-paced and action-pack
I really fell in love with this book! It is a fresh of breath air in the YA world!

Miki is one kickass character. Right form the beginning you fall in love, she puts herself before others. And when she wakes up in a different sort of world she has no idea what to do or think. She is completely lost and not in control! When Jackson and Luka start to explain what is about to happen, she thinks they are kidding. But no here she is thrown into the middle of some game where it is life or death!

When th
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

The Game trilogy by Eve Silver is the perfect type to binge read. We are given a fascinating concept, a fast and perfectly paced plot, a swoony new book boyfriend, and a romance that made my heart race. I didn't really know what to expect going into this series - except that it's completely triangle free - but Eve Silver definitely has a new fan. I read these books so quickly, dying to know what would happen next and to spend more time with Miki and Jackson.

Read my full series review
Wow... Mmmm I'll more than likely have bruises on my legs tomorrow because I kicked my coffee table while I was frantically fangirling over that ending!

I just finished Rush about ten minutes ago and I'm surprised I can even form sentences or thoughts right now.

I ordered Rush in a huge summer book haul and it's been sitting on my bookshelf for weeks now... Mainly because I had no idea what this book was about it was just recommended to me because I'm massively obsessed with aliens! Like crazy ob
If you are a fan of The Maze Runner or Enders Game, you'll like this book.
It was pretty freaking amazing. The whole story from beginning to end was just amazingly captivating and its really fast paced so you're never really bored.
This didn't take me long at all to read so if your looking for a new series and just something really fast, this is for you.
I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it so I wont go into specifics. It was just really good. The characters develop nicely and it
This review was originally published on Avid Reviews: http://www.avidfantasyreviews.wordpre...

Rush is the first novel in the The Game series by Eve Silver. This science fiction and dystopian hybrid has the pacing of thriller and all the plot elements of a story that is strictly young adult. Though it is lacking in the character development and complexity that defines a well-written adult speculative fiction story, it is the perfect book for fans of YA who are looking to read an action packed nov
Feb 04, 2013 Angelica marked it as to-read
This is like The Hunger Games but with aliens! It seems really interesting...and has anybody noticed that aliens are in now. First vampires then wolves, then fey, then angles now could it be aliens???
I think yes!!!
Wendy Darling
I...just don't get this.
Jazmen This Girl Reads A lot
Thanks to YA Bound Book Tours and Eve Silver for this review copy!

Nothing like I expected, everything that I needed, Rush was a fantastic read. With an original and action packed plot line, Rush will give readers a thrill.

I never read the synopsis fully for this novel but still some part of it called to me, so when I got the opportunity to review this novel--I took it willingly.

When I think of aliens in books I usually feel sort of put off from reading about them but Silver completely convinced
My first reaction was:

and then it slowly switched to this:

Okay no but seriously I really did enjoy it. I absolutely devoured this book.I've neve

What a rush!!

Well now, how do I go about explaining the crazy-awesomeness that is this book?
Rush is a such a bold, inventive, exciting story. The moment I read the first chapter I knew that this isn't like my usual reads. In fact, this was probably one of the most unique books I ever had the pleasure of experiencing, it's completely refreshing. There is a lot going on here plot wise and I'd be lying if I said I understood everything in complete details, but I did get the overall genera
This would have been enjoyable, if not for Jackson, the most arrogant, creepy, awful love interest I've read about in a long time. Miki should have run away screaming, not come back for more. Ugh. Is a healthy relationship in YA too much to ask for?

Review to come.

Pre-review:You just lost The Game.

Yes, the series title made me lose. Yes, I had to go there and announce it.
All this book needs is better written characters throughout the middle of the book because at the beginning and at the end of the book, the characters were fierce and lovable. The middle was shaky.
rin kim
Nov 07, 2014 rin kim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: eng

sorry, no time for comments on this book, need the second right now

p.s. cliffhangers suck
p.p.s. the plot is truly awesome. it's interesting and keeps you reading even if you don't feel like reading at all
p.p.p.s. I really liked Miki. she's amazing. she's cool, she's kick-ass, she's control freak (I feel you, Miki!!111) and she's clever (and she gets some points from me for reading Bleach :D)
p.p.p.p.s that twist with Jackson was predictable tbh
p.p.p.p.p.s also, I've got mixed fee
Bekah AwesomeBookNut
Original review found

Holy MOLEY! FREAKING LOVED this book, gave it a WHOPPING 5 bight gold stars on Goodreads and I will own this book!
Rush is just as the title implies – a rush. From page one to the last, Eve Silver yanks her readers to a world that’s both real and science fiction. I was HOOKED from the first chapter and I can't rave enough about how much I LOVED this book! I threw the book across the room because of the RUDE cliff hanger at the end and
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Wow, just wow. This book blew me away with its originality and creativeness. Honestly, I am not a gamer by any means and while I didn't want to be in the game because, yeah, who would? I did want to be in the world that Silver created because lets face it, it was pretty darn cool. Okay, maybe not the alien fighting for your life bit, but the other parts to it? The friendship, the exploring the world and getting to kick some serious alien butt and show off your super ninja skills? Yeah that was p ...more
Rashika (is tired)
After I requested this book it took me a while to get around to it because I was kind of nervous about the whole ‘game’ concept. I am not a gamer so I wasn’t sure whether I would be able to enjoy this book or not but because of my obsession with the sci fic genre I finally picked it up (that and I kind of had to review this).

But because I couldn’t overcome some of my minor problems with the book, I ended up not enjoying huge chunks of it.

I am glad however that the ‘game’ part of the book was epi
the golden witch.
Okay. So, this is a review I really didn't want to write because of the fact that I absolutely LOVED the concept behind it, but the execution of it was just...not awesome. It was extremely confusing to say the least, and it just made me really sad because fighting aliens, time travel, and questionable existences? All of that is awesome, as was the development of most of the technical elements. Most of them. I wish I could recommend "Rush", but the ARC I read? It needed at least two more drafts t ...more
Anna Silver
I scored a proof of RUSH by Eve Silver at RT13 in Kansas City. Being that we have the same last name for a pen name, and we both write YA sci-fi, I had to introduce myself and get a signed copy. Which reads: To Anna (the other Silver), happy reading! Anyway, it turns out I LOVE this book and am so excited for the world at large to get their hands on it.

For anyone who games, RUSH has a brilliant premise. Basically, the main character, Miki, gets sucked through time to battle an alien invasion, ga
damned cliffy and it took so long too before i was hooked. i was likening the start of Rush to getting slapped (or at least what i think getting slapped feels like as i've not actually been, you know, slapped. the point is there was next to no heads up on the why/where/how... or even what was going on. I was just as turned around as Miki. Plus I was feeling the frustration with all the non-answers she was handed. Then the game-speak? I get why she was not taking anything seriously; I sure wasn't ...more
Imaginative, thrilling, and very intriguing, Rush was a fantastic YA sci-fi read. I absolutely loved this book. From the interesting world that was created, to the endless thrills, and the lovely romance, this book was amazing.

The world-building was great. It started off a little confusing but, as we got more explanation, I became more and more drawn into the world of invading aliens. It was well thought out and very interesting, a world that I was really intrigued by.

Miki was a wonderful heroi
Rush had such an exciting and original premise, but it turned out to be just a cliche YA romance with a few alien fights. I swear, 70% of this book is just about Miki and Jackson having the hots for eachother with huge, weird infodumps about aliens in between.

I don't even get why Miki likes Jackson even a little, he is a jerk to her constantly, doesn't tell her a lot of information that would help her significantly, and to top it off, he stalks her. He literally shows up out of nowhere at her h
Aug 03, 2015 Julia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julia by: BookReads
To tell the truth, I didn't expect I would like Rush. In fact, the book just fulfilled my expectations, while I expected its idea to fail. And, fortunately, I was wrong.

First things first.

Miki Jones is an ordinary girl, but in an attempt to save the life of a little girl, Miki loses her normal life. She's pulled from reality to a place called "The Game". But in the first round of the game Miki understands that the game isn't really a game - it's deadly - and in case of loss there's no autosave.
  • The Ward (The Ward, #1)
  • Arclight (Arclight, #1)
  • PODs (PODs, #1)
  • Transparent (Transparent, #1)
  • The Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)
  • Abandon (Possession, #3)
  • Terra (Terrestrials, #1)
  • Twinmaker (Twinmaker, #1)
  • Linked (Linked #1)
  • Parallel
  • Blackout (Blackout, #1)
  • Impostor (Variants, #1)
  • Half Lives
  • The Oathbreaker's Shadow (The Knots Sequence, #1)
  • Starglass (Starglass, #1)
  • One (One Universe, #1)
  • In the After (In the After, #1)
  • Stung (Stung, #1)
National bestselling author Eve Silver has been praised for her “edgy, steamy, action-packed” books, darkly sexy heroes and take-charge heroines. Her work has garnered starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and Quill and Quire, two RT Book Reviews Reviewers’ Choice Awards, Library Journal’s Best Genre Fiction Award, and she was nominated for the Romance Writers of America RITA Aw ...more
More about Eve Silver...

The Game (3 books)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)

“Of course. I died today, and now I'm going to fight aliens with a light saber. Maybe after that we can look for mermaids. Or unicorns."
"No," he says. "Just aliens."
Was that the barest hint of humour in his tone?”
“What are you doing?"
"Activating it."
"Uh... No you're not." I jerk my hand away. "You're not activating anything until I get some answers."
"Yeah, I am. If I don't activate it, it explodes." He sounds dead serious.
"For real?"
He doesn't answer, and that pisses me off. But I can't be certain it isn't for real, and since I'm fond of having a hand at the end of my arm, I offer my wrist. He finishes running his fingers over the screen.
I change direction and ask, "Would the bracelet really have exploded if you didn't activate it?"
There's a slight pause that makes me think I've surprised him by shifting topics. Good. Better that I have him on his toes than he have me on mine.
"No," he says, and I think the corners of his mouth twitch in the hint if a smile.”