Start by marking “Užitak u smrti (In Death, #4)” as Want to Read:
Užitak u smrti (In Death, #4)

Užitak u smrti (In Death #4)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  30,494 Ratings  ·  1,057 Reviews
Jedan od snova poručnice Iv Dalas konačno je ispunjen. Udala se za srodnu dušu, Rorka. Međutim, misteriozno samoubistvo tehničara koji je radio na Rorkovom svemirskom odmaralištu prekinuće Ivinu bračnu idilu. Obdukcija će ustanoviti da je ovo samo jedno u nizu ubistava s opasnim predumišljajem. Svi tragovi ukazuju na smrtonosnu sublimiranu poruku u jednoj od igračaka koje ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 300 pages
Published 2012 by Alnari (first published October 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Užitak u smrti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Užitak u smrti

Mo
Apr 29, 2015 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I'm sorry. It's hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it scares me because you're the first. And the only"
He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've changed my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you”

I fucking love Roarke.

“She raised her eyes to his. They had both come from misery, she thought, and survived it. They had been drawn together through viole
♥Sharon♥
Dec 02, 2016 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'm bummed I don't have the time to do a proper review but just know that the love continues. This one was a good as the last.

I love Roarke. ❤

I love Eve. ❤

Another fantastic addition to this series!!

Aisling Zena
5 stars

Another flawless read by J.D.Robb aka Nora Roberts. The writing is superb, the world is perfection (though I tend to think of it as an alternate reality instead of in the future) and the characters are amazing. Literally kicking myself for not picking this series up sooner.

description

P.S. If Eve and Roarke aren't still together by book 42 I'm so pitching a hissy fit to end all fits!

Duchess Nicole
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!!

I was afraid that the romance of the series would slow down now that Eve and Roarke are permanent, but that was sooooooo not the case!!!! If anything, there was an extra dynamic between them that was almost missing before. I suppose it mirrors real life in a way. Marriage is only the beginning of a crazy ass ride. There are higher highs and lower lows than you even knew existed.

Phrynne
Apr 01, 2016 Phrynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many years since I read this and I had totally forgotten how brilliant it is! It all came back to me as I was reading that this was the book where I originally fell in love with the series. All the comedy between Peabody and Eve - J.D. Robb is SO good at writing dialogue. And all the love between Roarke and Eve - she is also SO good at writing romance:) The last few pages where Eve has that awful panic - tissues please! Oh and Feeney and Galahad and Mira and Mavis and everyone else.
So very, v
Gary Sundell
Dec 31, 2016 Gary Sundell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series entry, but again I had the killer pegged partway into book. However, part of the fun of these books is the byplay between the characters. I'm sure I'll get to books 5 and further in 2017.
Jilly
Jul 01, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
Another set of murders in future-world (not Australia). This time it is in the form of people committing suicide after using a virtual reality program. Eve is on the case, so that means she will totally harass and chase down the wrong person for a while and then somehow get lucky and find the right one - usually after they try to kill her and confess their evil plans first. Still, I like these books. I've only guessed the killers early in two of the four books I've read so far. That's pretty imp ...more
Anuradha
Honestly, I may not love them, but these books are so fucking addictive. This was vastly better than the others, though. I think. I might even review it.

Oh, and I know I've been reading smut lately; I'll catch up on the good stuff tomorrow. Because, exams.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Still great but lucked some of the spark of the first 3!

Review to come... maybe!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View on Under the Covers

Starting off with a sexy pic of Roarke again...because I can.
DGandy_V_28Apr11_DH_b

RAPTURE IN DEATH is by far my favourite of the entire series and that’s quite a statement since I loved all the books leading up to this one. There was just something about this book that lured me in from the get-go. In this one, Eve Dallas is happy for a change. This is not to say that she was morbid and depressing in the previous books, but there’s this spark within her that I noticed right away. She’s a w
♥Rachel♥
2.5 Stars

Love all the scenes with Roarke and Eve and the deepening of their bond. Though, I do wish Eve would give just a little more affection and acknowledgement to Roarke. Peabody and Feeny are as always a great support team, and Peabody just cracks me up!

This is the second time in a row where I guessed the killer very early on and it's a little frustrating to go through the whole book with Eve (view spoiler)
Zoey
Another great instalment of the In Death series with Eve & Rourke. Four down, Thirty something more to go :)
MelissaB
Good book in the In Death series. I always enjoy seeing more of Roarke and I love when he calls his wife "My Darling Eve". I was a little shocked at what Roarke did in one of the scenes but it wasn't his fault. Very good book!
Leah
Mar 06, 2011 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, m-f
Okay. So. This is the fourth In Death book. I still absolutely love the series but this one just didn't appeal to me as much as the previous three. Sure, it had its funny parts but I still thought it was a tad bit boring. Which really pisses me off! I just thought that it was really slow, and there were lots of random cases (for example the bombing at the bank) that seemed unnecessary to the story. I guess, all in all, they weren't unnecessary, but they seemed a little bit like filler sections a ...more
Alkyoni

Eve keeps getting questioned about her honeymoon; Mavis is recording a studio album; Roarke is handing away orgasms like nobody’s business and four people with nothing in common are DEAD.

The mystery is the most predictable mystery to end all predictable mysteries since that Cold Case episode where the Butler did it.

Roarke is the most fictional romantic leading man ever written, and I know you guys love him for that but I just can't get over it.

Eve rocks as a character, but even she couldn't sav
Tilly Slaton
Oct 27, 2011 Tilly Slaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Roarke and Eve’s honeymoon is cut short by the “self-termination” of one of Roarke’s employees. Mavis catches a break in show business. Odd suicides nudge at Eve, leaving her the only one to believe that there is indeed a connection.

Roarke adores Mavis. She is Eve’s best friend, a loved one to cherish. Hosting parties, exploring investment possibilities, Roarke really will keep you smiling in this book.

Mood altering music and virtual games. Roarke and Eve find themselves in a more than usual exp
Lauren
Rapture in Death
4 Stars

A series of suspicious suicides connected to virtual reality goggles has Homicide Lieutenant Eve Dallas racing against time to stop a demented sociopath bent on destroying that which she holds most dear.

A quick and entertaining read despite the predictable mystery.

The theme of the dangers of subliminal messaging and the very real potential for abuse are compelling, and salient in light of the advances in today’s gaming technologies. Robb’s insights are interesting given th
Jane Lee
May 01, 2011 Jane Lee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: murder-mystery
This book annoyed me to no end. Don't get me wrong. I love the In Death series as much as I love chocolate ice cream, and I do, so badly. However, this book just disappointed me.

I get the whole subliminal mood/mind control mumbo jumbo. Heck, I even get the machines used to control the mind but this book was just too...ugh. Eve was a disappointment as I expected better from her, or maybe that's just because I've read more than my share of In Death series books (ahead of this one).

I expected her t
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Love Eve and Roarke but hate that the honeymoon had to be interrupted but the hot lawn scene was a great make-up for the interruption. :) Hated the bad memories that are haunting Eve. I hope she can get herself help and get through this but I know Roarke won't let her go through this alone. He's great for her and for me too. LOL
Lisazj1
4.5 stars, loved it! Not that there was much doubt of that. It's Roarke and Eve and they both continue to be as fabulous as every book before.

As a bonus, the crime investigations remain interesting *and Eve remains a badass cop*, the story is engaging, the writing excellent, and all of the characters are fun to read and I honestly care about them *coughmaybeevenSummersetcough*.

If there is anything, anything that ought to annoy me, it's that I always guess the bad guys, pretty damn quickly and wi
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
(Reread April 2016) Another great book in the In Death series! A series of unrelated deaths are occurring and appear to be suicide. Of course, nothing is as it seems in this series. Lt. Eve Dallas knows something is off - she can feel it in her bones as she investigates these deaths. Everyone is telling her to let it go because they are suicides not murders but she just keeps digging, trying to find the common factor between all of them. She finds the common thread - but what does it mean? Where ...more
Carolyn
Jun 10, 2015 Carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, humour, futuristic
Another great episode in the "In Death" series. Lt Eve Dallas is bothered by a number of unrelated suicides, one a young technician working in one of Roarke's new off-planet resorts where he whisks Eve for the last week of her honeymoon. None of the victims were depressed or thought likely to suicide by friends and family and all were smiling when found. Eve is convinced there is a common link and sets out to find it.

Lots of romance and hot sex in this episode as Roarke and Eve settle in to marr
MaryG2E
I'm working my way through the In Death series in order, and it is always enjoyable to discover what's new or the same in the lives of Eve Dallas and hunky husband Roarke. In this instalment, I relished the developing relationship between Dallas and her new aide, Officer Delia Peabody. There's the basis of a great partnership emerging there. The newlyweds are deeply in love and very passionate, which added a bit of spice to the story!
In terms of the crimes that Eve pursuing, I found it very inte
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
4.8 "Mind Controlling" Stars

When I read the blurb, found out this was about Virtual Reality, I was siked. I've always been interested in it. I remember watching a movie about VR and dreams back in the early 80's. It fascinated me but scared the crap outta me as well!!

I think this was outstanding. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was somewhat confusing when reading all about the brain. Freaky too. I mean, be able to control someone's moods & actions seems way far out there. Loved it though.

There's
Jess The Bookworm
Apr 04, 2016 Jess The Bookworm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the 'In Death' series, following the police work of Eve Dallas as she solves murders, as well as her relationship with Rourke.

At the end of the third book, Eve and Rourke had gotten married, and this picks up at the end of their honeymoon, leading into three strange suicides, where the victims all had mysterious burns on their brains and big smiles on their faces.

I'm not sure why I enjoyed this book more than the previous two books, maybe it's because it's been so lon
Ariana Fae
Feb 04, 2016 Ariana Fae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this series. Roberts/Robb knows how to build wonderful characters that keep you interested. Although Eve Rourke, and Mavis are great, I'm loving Peabody more and more. Her sense of humor and loyalty to Dallas and the way she conveys them in her scenes makes me smile and laugh at times. I also like how Eve is growing in this series by showing her love to Rourke more openly and letting her softer/vulnerable side show with him every now and then. It was interesting how Robb used the n ...more
Elvan
Jun 06, 2010 Elvan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
This one is becoming one of my favourites. I love the whole idea of mind control or should I say protection from mind control. As I listened to this one two things stood out: How I can see echoes of Fantasy in Death issues pop up ie lots of gaming and role playing potential . Ahead of her time once again, JD Robb tapped into what was then the infancy of RPGs.
My other observation is how young Susan Erickson sounds. Her "Eve" giggles occasional and has a much more "feminine" sound than in her late
Ira
Dec 05, 2015 Ira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Even on honeymoon time Eve couldn't stay away from the crime scene!
It's a geeky story this time and the villain reaction when get caught? Rather shocking to be honest.

Hm, yup! I slowly reread this series again:)
Belles
Nov 10, 2016 Belles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS time I actually had the murderer pegged early on (yeah me)! Even so, I enjoyed exploring with Eve the influence of nature and nurture, the boundaries of individuality, and the expression of freedom of choice.
Around the Year i...: Rapture in Death (In Death #4), by J.D. Robb 1 8 Mar 21, 2017 11:14AM
J.D. Robb : Rapture In Death (Spoiler Zone) 34 164 Oct 20, 2016 08:17PM
J.D. Robb : Rapture In Death Buddy Read - April 2016 187 53 Jun 12, 2016 06:59PM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Rapture In Death (Sept. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 407 97 Nov 06, 2014 03:04PM
recommendations. 23 73 Aug 16, 2014 07:54AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #16 - Rapture in Death 1 3 Mar 05, 2014 01:46PM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.6)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Kill and Tell (CIA Spies, #1)
  • Hades
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Echoes in Death, on sale February 2017, is the 44th ent ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)

“Eve: "She had big plans for me. Kind of a pet, I imagine. Like William. Her little trained dog. And with you dead, she figured I'd inherit all your goodies. You're not going to do that to me are you?"
Roarke: "What, die?"
Eve: "Leave me all this stuff."
Roarke: "Only you would be annoyed by that.”
78 likes
“I'm sorry. It's Hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it scares me because you're the first. And the only"
He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've chaged my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you”
46 likes