Start by marking “Aftertaste” as Want to Read:
Aftertaste

Aftertaste

Nothing can shield him from the horrible dream. Nothing can protect her from a danger she can't see.
ebook
Published March 17th 2012 by InkSpell Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Aftertaste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aftertaste

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Break my heart even more Isaac, why don't you?

This short is an alternate PoV scene from the book Want. If you haven't read Want yet, I'd wait to read Aftertaste because it won't really hit home unless you know what's going on in the original book.

I fell hard for the broken Isaac. Life had thrown him a bad lot and he was unable to fully deal with reality. His feelings for Juli were bittersweet to watch.

Inside the closet is a different me : formal, casual, business casual, and work, all on hang
Mirely
Stephanie Lawton is a poet.

I think what you need to understand about Want and its short story Aftertaste is that it’s not just a story that is being told. Stephanie Lawton creates ambiance and these two stories have a very thick feel to it. Oh and that flow... You’re watching things transpire in slow motion and you can’t help but to feel/ anticipate that something very important is about to happen.

I read Want about two weeks ago and have read a few books in between. The moment I started to rea
J.
Mar 13, 2013 J. rated it it was amazing
I am so ready for Need...
G
May 12, 2013 G rated it liked it
The writing is so good it hurts. Or almost hurts. Either way: I'm weirdly attached to some of the passages; I love how the writer manages to get poetry into prose. It's quite a feat, actually, to do so naturally and without seeming forced. That's part of why I loved Want so much.

A nice "teaser", in a way, for Need, which I'm dying to read.
Rachmi
This is a short story from one of the scene in Want from Isaac's POV. I have love/hate feeling with Isaac. I love he is so kind and sweet to Julianne yet I hate he always ran away. But again I think he deserve second chance. It means second story from his POV. So Ms Lawton would you please write his own story? pretty please with a glimpse of Julianne-Dave story.

Naj (Unputdownable Books)
Jul 19, 2012 Naj (Unputdownable Books) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Another taste of WANT in a different perspective. The perspective of the predator. This short read made me pity Isaac. He's a coward but he's been fighting the feeling for so long and I never really realized it until I read this. Poor dude. I guess he just really couldn't help himself and even worse, he doesn't know how to face his problems. Tsk.

Just a little note to all: It's better if you read this AFTER you read WANT, you'll understand it better.
Reem Hardan
Aug 03, 2012 Reem Hardan rated it it was amazing
There must me another book!!! a book to happens next!!!! I hate Isaac and no, no matter what he says he's still a selfish bastard, he just used Julianne and left her to fend for her self, I just hate him!! and Julianne is stupid enough to fall for him and to throw herself at him whenever she has the chance, ugh!! But I don't hate her, and I don't love her, WHATEVER it is I'm feeling for these characters I know there must be another book *sobs*!!
Sophie Riggsby
Jul 22, 2012 Sophie Riggsby rated it it was amazing
Adds so much insight into Isaac's character and some of his struggles. Loved this glimpse into his point of view.
Priscylla
May 12, 2013 Priscylla rated it liked it
I only didn't give it a great rating because I really dislike Isaac. BLAME HIM.
Seventhdevil
Feb 16, 2013 Seventhdevil rated it it was amazing
Now I just NEED to read the whole story from Isaac's POV! :(
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Isaac has a bad dream about Julianne. A really bad dream. Or is it a dream? Is it a product of his imagination or a premonition?

I wasn't quite sure how to rate this short story. I didn't realize when I picked it up that is connected to a novel titled 'Want', so as I was reading it, I was completely lost. However, the writing is wonderful and the characters well-fleshed.

My advice is to read 'Want' before reading this short to get the full benefit of the story.

*Many thanks to Inkspell Publishing f
Jen
Apr 26, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-have
short story in Isaac's POV for a scene. I enjoyed this. i would have LOVED "Want" to have been written in alternating POVs through the whole book. In "Want" you do't get much of Isaac's thoughts and what's going on in his head, so I would have loved more of that. I'm getting ready to read Need (Want #2) so maybe that will fill in the blanks for me and give me more info on Isaac. But this little perspective in his eyes, is great.
Aimee
Jul 09, 2012 Aimee rated it liked it
this is a short story from issac's perspective. it's the morning after juli goes to issac's house in the middle of the night. interesting.
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Malissa
Malissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Kati
Kati rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2013
Céline
Céline rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Nourhan
Nourhan rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2012
aeolyn
aeolyn rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Rebecca Espinoza
Rebecca Espinoza rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Debbie Peterson
Debbie Peterson rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2012
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2013
Katiliz650
Katiliz650 rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Tori
Tori rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Ariadna R.
Ariadna R. rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
After collecting a couple English degrees in the Midwest, Stephanie Lawton suddenly awoke in the deepest reaches of the Deep South. Culture shock inspired her to write about Mobile, Alabama, her adopted city, and all the ways Southern culture, history and attitudes seduce the unsuspecting.

A lover of all things gothic, she can often be spotted photographing old cemeteries, historic buildings and, i
More about Stephanie Lawton...