Start by marking “Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)

Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch #4)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  2,544 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
Sometimes even Angels must learn to fly…

Six Pack Ranch, Book 4

Allison Parker needs a convincing excuse to come home to Rocky Mountain House. A hopelessly romantic reason that won’t let her mother suspect the truth—that Allison has discovered Mom is keeping a terrible secret from the family.

Published November 20th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Rocky Mountain Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocky Mountain Angel

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
151st out of 624 books — 709 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReflected in You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia DayLover at Last by J.R. Ward
I Marked My Calendar For This Book's Release
413th out of 1,372 books — 3,835 voters

More lists with this book...

Jan 30, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it

He covered her mouth with his hand. “I love you, Allison.”

When he slipped his fingers off she leapt, wrapping herself around him and clinging tight. “I love you too, Angel Boy. I’m so glad you’ve found your wings.”

Gabe Coleman:

Allison Parker

Rocky Mountain Angel is the fourth book in the Six Pack Ranch series by Vivian Arend. This is a story of two lost souls who find love with each other when circumstances bring them together. They end up finding love, happiness and healing in one another. Ms.
3.5 This was surprisingly good!

Ok, I admit, when I started reading this I didn't really expect anything past a 2.5, maybe 3 star read. A typical romance, boring and meh but relaxing.
Maybe that's why this book got a 3.5 from me, 'cause I had low expectations.
Still, it was a pretty good read, I didn't even skim!

I dunno why I liked it so much... The writing was pretty good and the characters were interesting, even the plot was a bit more fun than I expected it to be.
Ok, ok, I do know why I liked
Jane Stewart
Jan 29, 2013 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
2 stars. Nice characters doing nice things. But I wasn’t emotionally anything. It was easy to put down.

Even the sex scenes didn’t grab me. I found myself skimming them.

The story lines include: Gabe and Allison pretend to be engaged. Gabe is a good guy helping others. His main problem is trying to make the family farm more profitable, but his abusive and cruel dad causes problems. Allison is a neat woman and smart. Her mother is dying of cancer. Gabe and Allison spend quality time with her mothe
Jennah Scott
Nov 14, 2012 Jennah Scott rated it really liked it
I received an e-ARC of ROCKY MOUNTAIN ANGEL from the author for review.

The Six Pack Ranch series is one hot series. I'll start with that. I discovered these books at the Romantic Times Convention in Chicago this past April/May. I read the first one right before going, then had the opportunity to meet Vivian while I was there. As soon as I got home I finished the remaining two books, and waited patiently for this one.

Gabe is a cousin to the Coleman's of the first three books. But he is no less
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

5 stars

Wow, it’s hard to believe we are already to book four in Vivian Arend’s Six Pack Ranch series. I have loved each one so far mainly because the stories have all been so different and Rocky Mountain Angel proves that a really great series writer can take an often used plot and turn it into gold.

Gabe Coleman has been called a lot of things in his life; saint, good friend, angel, protector and while he may be all of those things, he’s every bit as sexy
Mar 03, 2013 Sas rated it liked it
Fave Quote: 'There it was again. What she'd brought to him. Joy. In the midst of the tears, in the midst of the rain.'

- Storyline - 7/10
- Ending - 10/10
- Ridiculousness - 4/10
- Annoying the shit out of me factor - 0/10
- This book described in one word/phrase - Meh

Not really sure what to say about this book. It's pretty much
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 01, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
This is my first Six Pack Ranch book, and I really liked it. Worked really well as a stand alone.

Pretend engagement stories are not always my favorite, but this one worked..I think because there isn't major conflict or drama surrounding the pretend engagement. Gabe and Allison fall for each other pretty quick, without much conflict...but I liked how it is done. They are both such warm, fun characters. And the sex. Dear lord the sex - it's dirty and gooooooood.

I def rec.
This has some of my favorite sex scenes ever in a book. They're hot and sensual and a few were long but never boring. This is an emotional read. Also, there's a character that I personally wanted taken out. I've never had that kind of reaction to someone. I was very invested in this book and didn't want to put it down.
Jan 10, 2015 Marran rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting much when I started this book..what I've seen of Gabe in the previouss books hasn't made me wanna read about him that much but I was pleasantly surprised this was the best of the books so far... very sweet and sizzling book...I love the chemistry between them
Jan 15, 2013 Easedwithwords rated it really liked it
Once again Vivian Arend has captured me with this sweet, sexy but very real story. I didn`t quite like it as much as the others in this series but would still recommend it to others to read. ...more

One of my favorite series. Loved both Gabe and Allison. Hated the father with every fiber of my being. He was such a mean/evil person.
Dec 14, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I can't wait for the next one.
Book Reading Gals
Aug 26, 2013 Book Reading Gals rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Title: Rocky Mountain Angel

Series: Six Pack Ranch bk 4

Author: Vivian Arend

Genre: Contemporary

Gabe Coleman is struggling with two of the roughest parts of ranching: dealing with his bull-headed mule of a father, and making enough to pay the bills. When his old friend Alli
Kate Phoenix

Allison Parker has to come home to Rocky Mountain House because she has discovered her mother’s secret. She has decided that she needs to be there for her mother and siblings. The only issue is that her mother does not know that her secret has be
Cali Jewel
Mar 01, 2016 Cali Jewel rated it it was amazing
Trying to help a friend and finding love.

Love stories that are lets pretend, always ends up being real instead. Gabe Coleman and Allison Parker are a perfect match to get this family farm to look forward to a bright future. Love that they start out as friends and become so much more to one another with out even realizing it at first. Very well written and brings you so far into the story you can feel like you are there.

Loved it looking forward to my next visit.
Nov 30, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it
Allison Parker needs to go back home. After discovering her mother's secret, she needs an excuse to be there for her and her family. She also needs them not to know why. That's where Gabe Coleman comes in. The gorgeous cowboy is the perfect cover. Too bad he is also the star in her sexiest fantasies… Gabe doesn’t mind hard work. Ranch life demands that much, but he could do with a break now and then. Dealing with his father's foul mood and constant taunting should be a deterrent to any man's dre ...more
Donna Porter
Nov 28, 2013 Donna Porter rated it it was amazing
This was the story of Gabe Coleman and Allison. Allison finds out her mom is dying. She hasn't been home for a few years and she knows her mom won't accept any help from her if she knows she is sick. She goes to Gabe with a plan to become his fiance so her mom will think that is why she came home. Gabe decides to help her out, but it comes with complications when he finds they are really attracted to each other. this is a good read
Laura Carson
A great addition to the series. I think every book just keeps getting better and better. I enjoyed the characters, but they weren't my favorite in the whole series(probably the only thing keeping it from beingn 5 stars). They were likeable and well developed, just not my favorite. I can't wait for more of this series! Damn there are a lot of sexy cowboys whose stories aren't told yet!
Erin Burns
Apr 21, 2014 Erin Burns rated it really liked it
Gabe Coleman (a cousin to the six main Coleman brothers) played a big part in previous books and was probably one of the more interesting characters. He has an acrimonious relationship with his father, and his father is a complete hateful ass. Gabe is struggling to get around his father and save the ranch. Allison is looking for an excuse to move back to her home town without alerting her mother to her real reasons. So she offers Gabe a deal, if he’ll pretend to be her fiancé she’ll help him do ...more
Mar 14, 2015 Jewel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the most boring of the series so far. This series is about the Coleman family, a family of Canadian ranchers with 6 sons. The Coleman in this story wasn't even one of the sons, but a cousin. It was just ok. However, there were glimpses into what's going to be happening in the future with two of the Coleman brothers I'm interested in, so I'll be heading on to the next book!

I'd also like to note how odd it is to read these books. The entire family is so good and honest and wholesome. All
P.A. Lupton
Feb 15, 2013 P.A. Lupton rated it liked it
Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in this installment. It's still a good, light read but not really memorable. Some parts of the book seemed to drag a bit. I will continue with the series though.
Nov 24, 2012 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: vivian-arend

I love this series and this author. Gabe and Allison have such a great friends to lovers story... It wasn't filled with un needed drama and separations. Looking forward to more!
May 08, 2015 JoAnne rated it really liked it
Six Pack Ranch #4
Allison finds out that her mother is dying so she goes to Gabe and asks him to pretend they are a couple so she can come home and be with her mom. Gabe says yes. In return, she will help him turn the ranch into an organic operation. He likes Allison. But they really start falling for each other. He is there for her and vice versa. They are good people that always help others. Will they be able to help each other?

I enjoyed this one. Gabe's father was a piece of work. He'd been ve
Nov 29, 2012 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I loved, loved Gabe!!! And I loved Allison too. A simple love story where the angst is not between h and H, but within each of them. Very tender, but also very hot!
Feb 07, 2013 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it really liked it
I honestly expected an off the charts hot book for Gabe's story so I was slightly disappointed. I still enjoyed it but expected a little more.
Sep 16, 2014 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shonda Franks
Aug 18, 2016 Shonda Franks rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in the Rocky Mountain Series. Its called Rocky Mountain Angel. This book was cute. It was actually about a cousin of the Rocky Mountain crew.

Allison Parker needed a reason to move back home, and found it when she heard her mother was very ill. Gabe Coleman is trying to make his part of the ranch organic. Although, his father (who hates his guts) throws a monkey wrench in every chance he gets. He does not want Gabe to succeed even though they are about to lose the ranch.

May 02, 2015 Annie rated it really liked it
Loving this insta love...just fully fleshed out stories of people coming together.
Apr 29, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
4th in the series - Gabe & Allison From the beginning the author welcomes you back into the town of Rocky Mountain House and it's inhabitants. It's great to see old friends as the story of new friends unfolds. As I've said before, with each book, the author hones her craft more and more. Some of the passages, when Allison is "thinking," are so well-written (in my opinion), that I could feel her emotional turmoil.

NOTE: I am currently rereading the whole series in order (with the Thompson &
  • Flanked (Studs in Spurs #5)
  • Gone Country (Rough Riders, #14)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)
  • Texas Tango (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #2)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the best job in the world, an
More about Vivian Arend...

Six Pack Ranch (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3)
  • Making Memories
  • Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch, #5)
  • Never Too Far
  • Rocky Mountain Freedom (Six Pack Ranch, #6)
  • Home Building
  • Rubber Boot Romance
  • Rocky Mountain Romance (Six Pack Ranch, #7)