Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)

Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,196 ratings  ·  88 reviews
Sometimes even Angels must learn to fly…

Six Pack Ranch, Book 4

Allison Parker needs a convincing excuse to come home to Rocky Mountain House. A hopelessly romantic reason that won’t let her mother suspect the truth—that Allison has discovered Mom is keeping a terrible secret from the family.

Published November 20th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReflected in You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia DayLover at Last by J.R. Ward
I Marked My Calendar For This Book's Release
397th out of 1,260 books — 3,719 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
270th out of 502 books — 524 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa

He covered her mouth with his hand. “I love you, Allison.”

When he slipped his fingers off she leapt, wrapping herself around him and clinging tight. “I love you too, Angel Boy. I’m so glad you’ve found your wings.”

Gabe Coleman:

description

Allison Parker

description

Rocky Mountain Angel is the fourth book in the Six Pack Ranch series by Vivian Arend. This is a story of two lost souls who find love with each other when circumstances bring them together. They end up finding love, happiness and healing in one another. Ms....more
Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Nice characters doing nice things. But I wasn’t emotionally anything. It was easy to put down.

Even the sex scenes didn’t grab me. I found myself skimming them.

The story lines include: Gabe and Allison pretend to be engaged. Gabe is a good guy helping others. His main problem is trying to make the family farm more profitable, but his abusive and cruel dad causes problems. Allison is a neat woman and smart. Her mother is dying of cancer. Gabe and Allison spend quality time with her moth...more
Jennah Scott
I received an e-ARC of ROCKY MOUNTAIN ANGEL from the author for review.

The Six Pack Ranch series is one hot series. I'll start with that. I discovered these books at the Romantic Times Convention in Chicago this past April/May. I read the first one right before going, then had the opportunity to meet Vivian while I was there. As soon as I got home I finished the remaining two books, and waited patiently for this one.

Gabe is a cousin to the Coleman's of the first three books. But he is no less...more
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

5 stars

Wow, it’s hard to believe we are already to book four in Vivian Arend’s Six Pack Ranch series. I have loved each one so far mainly because the stories have all been so different and Rocky Mountain Angel proves that a really great series writer can take an often used plot and turn it into gold.

Gabe Coleman has been called a lot of things in his life; saint, good friend, angel, protector and while he may be all of those things, he’s every bit as sexy...more
Sas
Fave Quote: 'There it was again. What she'd brought to him. Joy. In the midst of the tears, in the midst of the rain.'

- Storyline - 7/10
- Ending - 10/10
- Ridiculousness - 4/10
- Annoying the shit out of me factor - 0/10
- This book described in one word/phrase - Meh

Not really sure what to say about this book. It's pretty much...more
Mandi Schreiner
This is my first Six Pack Ranch book, and I really liked it. Worked really well as a stand alone.

Pretend engagement stories are not always my favorite, but this one worked..I think because there isn't major conflict or drama surrounding the pretend engagement. Gabe and Allison fall for each other pretty quick, without much conflict...but I liked how it is done. They are both such warm, fun characters. And the sex. Dear lord the sex - it's dirty and gooooooood.

I def rec.
Sharon
This has some of my favorite sex scenes ever in a book. They're hot and sensual and a few were long but never boring. This is an emotional read. Also, there's a character that I personally wanted taken out. I've never had that kind of reaction to someone. I was very invested in this book and didn't want to put it down.
Marran
I wasn't expecting much when I started this book..what I've seen of Gabe in the previouss books hasn't made me wanna read about him that much but I was pleasantly surprised this was the best of the books so far... very sweet and sizzling book...I love the chemistry between them
Easedwithwords
Once again Vivian Arend has captured me with this sweet, sexy but very real story. I didn`t quite like it as much as the others in this series but would still recommend it to others to read.
mad4rombks

One of my favorite series. Loved both Gabe and Allison. Hated the father with every fiber of my being. He was such a mean/evil person.
Lea
Thirty years ago four sons split an inherited spread in the majestic foothills of the Canadian Rockies. The people of small town Rocky Mountain House have given each family of ranchers a nickname: Angel, Whiskey Creek, Six Pack and Moonshine.

Gabe Coleman has a lot on his plate. The family ranch is in financial trouble and his old man is a miserable cuss with a chip on his shoulder the size of Mt. Everest and he won’t listen to son’s ideas to revitalize the farm. Then Allison Parker one of his hi...more
Phoenix

Allison Parker has to come home to Rocky Mountain House because she has discovered her mother’s secret. She has decided that she needs to be there for her mother and siblings. The only issue is that her mother does not know that her secret has be...more
Donna Porter
This was the story of Gabe Coleman and Allison. Allison finds out her mom is dying. She hasn't been home for a few years and she knows her mom won't accept any help from her if she knows she is sick. She goes to Gabe with a plan to become his fiance so her mom will think that is why she came home. Gabe decides to help her out, but it comes with complications when he finds they are really attracted to each other. this is a good read
A great addition to the series. I think every book just keeps getting better and better. I enjoyed the characters, but they weren't my favorite in the whole series(probably the only thing keeping it from beingn 5 stars). They were likeable and well developed, just not my favorite. I can't wait for more of this series! Damn there are a lot of sexy cowboys whose stories aren't told yet!
Erin Burns
Gabe Coleman (a cousin to the six main Coleman brothers) played a big part in previous books and was probably one of the more interesting characters. He has an acrimonious relationship with his father, and his father is a complete hateful ass. Gabe is struggling to get around his father and save the ranch. Allison is looking for an excuse to move back to her home town without alerting her mother to her real reasons. So she offers Gabe a deal, if he’ll pretend to be her fiancé she’ll help him do...more
P.A. Lupton
Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in this installment. It's still a good, light read but not really memorable. Some parts of the book seemed to drag a bit. I will continue with the series though.
Straight Shootin' Book Reviews

I love this series and this author. Gabe and Allison have such a great friends to lovers story... It wasn't filled with un needed drama and separations. Looking forward to more!
Mei
I loved, loved Gabe!!! And I loved Allison too. A simple love story where the angst is not between h and H, but within each of them. Very tender, but also very hot!
Jennifer★Pher★
I honestly expected an off the charts hot book for Gabe's story so I was slightly disappointed. I still enjoyed it but expected a little more.
Nicole
I loved this book. I can't wait for the next one.
MaggieReadsRom

Fave scenes:
- dirty shots at Traders
- sexy play in the mud
- sexy times on Maisey's porch

Fave Quote:
--Which made no sense, but she wasn’t about to ask for more explanations. Not as she realized only that narrow glass barrier stood between her and him.
Naked him.--

It took me a few chapters to get into Gabe's story as it was a lot about the ranch in the beginning. The parts about the ranch didn't completely keep my attention but this didn't prevent me from enjoying the rest of the story. Gabe is su...more
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream
CLICK HERE TO READ MY FULL REVIEW AT READING, EATING AND DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

Rocky Mountain Angel by Vivian Arend was another spectacular story in the Six Pack Ranch companion series. I'm in love with this series. A family full of six, sexy cowboys. Hot sex scenes. Passionate romance. What’s not to love?

Allison Parker and Gabe Coleman have been friends for years. When Allison comes back to town and proposes that they fake an engagement to make her dying mother happy in exchange for her k...more
Maja  (The Rambling Readerista)
The review is also posted on my blog, The Rambling Readerista

Rocky Mountain Angel is a story of life and repeated encounters of two souls who could have meant a lot to each other. But apparently they both needed to grow up to be able to love the other one more fully even if they were half in love with each other and just needed a little push. This push came in the form of death of one of the protagonist’s dear one.

The love story is a great one, the family ties are very important part of characte...more
Darcy
This was so much fun to read because of the friendship that Gabe and Allison started with. I liked that it was a favor between friends that brought them together and then that with the daily contact things built for them.

It was easy to see why everyone called Gabe the Angel Coleman. I hated the reason behind all of Gabe's good acts, but loved the kind of man that he was. It was fun to see Allison tease Gabe about his halo.

I hated what was happening with Allison's family, hated that they had to...more
Mikaela
I have wanted to read this ever since Vivian Arend posted a snippet at her blog, so when she offered ARCs, I requested one. And I am glad I did.

This was a touching and heart warming story. I liked how Allison and Gabe let things take time, and didn't rush anything. But while they took their time, they were always there for each other when they had had a rough day. And there was plenty of those.

But most of all, I loved how their relationship with their families were depicted. Both the good and ba...more
Habrewer
Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch #4) by Vivian Arend
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Gabe Coleman is struggling with the making their ranch profitable, while dealing with his father who refuses to adapt with the changing times. His father puts him down every chance he gets and never lets him forget that he blames him for his brother’s death. Gabe has a lot on his shoulders but still manages to be there for friends and family when they need him. When...more
A.R. Von
I fell in love with the characters (well all of them except for one) and the story from the start. There’s so much an everyday person can relate to and it’s so lovingly written that it holds you tight until the very end! You’ll cry, laugh and find yourself unable to put the book down because you’ll feel like you’ll miss what’s going to happen next. Any fan of contemporary or western romance will fall in love with Rocky Mountain Angel :)

Allison needs a great reason to be back in her hometown, one...more
Book Reading Gals
Title: Rocky Mountain Angel

Series: Six Pack Ranch bk 4

Author: Vivian Arend

Genre: Contemporary

Gabe Coleman is struggling with two of the roughest parts of ranching: dealing with his bull-headed mule of a father, and making enough to pay the bills. When his old friend Alli...more
Sunny☼
Gabe Coleman from the Angel branch of the family is the sweetest, hottest, most kind hearted strongest hero I have read about in a while. Hot. Allison Parker is heartbroken at her mother's impending death and in her desperation uses Gabe just like everyone else does. It isn't long before she regrets the disception but enjoys the building ties and romance.

Everyday problems and embarrassing situations make this book believeable, enjoyable and a great read, just as the other books in this series....more
Kimberly Walter
Rocky Mountain Angel is the 4th book in the Six Pack Ranch series by Vivian Arend. It was a good book to read. I love this series.

Allison Parker came home to Rocky Mountain House, because she found out her mother is keeping a terrible secret that could tear what she has left of her family. She has to find a way to be with her mother and help her out without being obvious that she knows.
Beauty,dark,hair,girl,woman,beautiful,beautiful,
Gabe Coleman of the Angel Coleman clan, is trying to save the family ranch but his always runs into a wall, h...more
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)
  • One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers, #3)
  • Roping your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)
Vivian Arend in one word: Adventurous. In a sentence: Willing to try just about anything once. That wide-eyed attitude has taken her around North America, through parts of Europe, and into Central and South America, often with no running water.

Her optimistic outlook also meant that when challenged to write a book, she gave it a shot, and discovered creating worlds to play in was nearly as addictiv...more
More about Vivian Arend...
Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1) Wolf Games (Granite Lake Wolves, #3) Rocky Mountain Desire (Six Pack Ranch, #3) Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch, #1) Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)