Start by marking “Bad Girls in a Mad World: True Stories of Lethal Ladies Behind Bars ” as Want to Read:
Bad Girls in a Mad World: True Stories of Lethal Ladies Behind Bars

Bad Girls in a Mad World: True Stories of Lethal Ladies Behind Bars

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Emily Throne was an innocent, fun-loving 22-year-old recent college graduate living the good life in sunny Orange County, California; but misplaced trust in a deviant, drug-running boyfriend led her into a dark corner of the O.C. underworld known as Orange County Jail. There was the extraordinarily-troubled Ardith Cribbs, who shot her husband to death while he was handcuff ...more
Published February 16th 2012 by Skroll Press

Joan Reeves
Reality of Women In Jail

If you ever wondered what it was REALLY like for women in jail, this book will tell you. It's scary, riveting, and thought-provoking -- just like this book.

Gripping

Emily Throne's account of her time in the Orange County Jail in southern California is the stuff of nightmares for most law-abiding people. It's probably something every parent reads and wants to force their children to read as a cautionary tale that shows what happens when you get mixed up with boyfriends/girl
J.M.
Not badly written, though poorly edited. Very much an attempt to spell out the problems with the US penal system, as witnessed by someone incarcerated for two years. I'm a bit surprised the author didn't change the names to protect the inmates -- she even follows up at the end with news articles about some of those she mentions and what happened next.
Shari
This book to me read like someone told a story to Emily and she transferred it to paper then decided to write a book from information the prisoners had given. If you read the review on Amazon you've read the book. There isn't much to it. I would not read it again and would not recommend spending the money to buy it. Very dull,very boring.
Rhonda
I thought it was interesting but the title made me think there was going to be more horrible, sadistic things. I probably should not admit that I like reading things like that, but occasionally I think everyone is looking for a train wreck that they can't turn away from.
This book is not it.
Michael Richards
Michael Richards marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Kyra
Kyra marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Stacey
Stacey added it
Feb 12, 2015
Mariagabriella
Mariagabriella marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Kellie Cairns
Kellie Cairns marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Shelly  Olmstead
Shelly Olmstead marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Captain Buckwheat
Captain Buckwheat marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013