Start by marking “Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk” as Want to Read:
Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk

Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk (DC Special Series #27)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In a history-making confrontation with the mightiest man-brute to ever walk the Earth!

So pull up a ringside seat for the single most astonishing epic in the annals of of Adventuredom! Join us to meet -

The Monster and The Madman!

Also featuring the vile villainy of the Joker and the Shaper of the Worlds!
Published March 1st 1982 (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk

Paul
DC Special Series #27 - 1981
The last of the "classic" DC treasuries. Weird team-up of Batman and the Hulk vs. The Joker and the...Shaper of Worlds??

By Len Wein and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. this is actually a pretty good story, despite the incongruity of the main participants. I guess since Spidey and Hulk were on TV, they were Marvel's biggest stars, but wouldn't it have made more sense for Bats to team-up with Captain America? But I digress.

Like I said, Len Wein weaves these two characters stor
Paul Griggs
Another adventure from the tale end of the silver age of comics. A seemingly odd pairing of characters actually seems quite logical once you think about. Marvel's big green giant of Brawn up against DCs mightiest and brainiest of heroes. You can't match the Hulk punch for punch, you'd have to out think him and that's exactly what happens when the two Bruce's (Wayne and Banner) end up pitted against each other by The Joker and The Shaper of Worlds (Ok. I'll bite. Who?) more fun reading.
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Superando las expectativas, el segundo crossover de ambas compañías resulta grato y efectivo al no sostener la historia únicamente en sus personajes, optando por involucrarlos en su trama y sin ofrecer concesiones mezquinas. Tanto el guión de Wein como el dibujo de García López cierran un episodio que encajaría sin problemas en una u otra continuidad, demostrando que el manoseado recurso del crossover puede dar para más que pin-ups y diálogos mal escritos.
Jason Tyne-zimmerman
Not as successful a team-up as the two Superman vs. Spider-Man stories, but still super fun. While the man character in the first two DC/Marvel team-ups were Supes and Spidey, the main character in this book is The Joker...so if you're a fan of the Joker, you'll love this adventure that features the Hulk in a very clever way...but if you're a fan of the Hulk, you'll probably be disappointed that he gets overshadowed by the Joker.

So:

Thumbs up for a fun Batman book.
Thumbs down for a fun Hulk book.
Momina Masood
The Hulk calling Batman 'Pointy Ears' just killed me! I loved, loved this one! The story was great, both Hulk and Batman were super awesome, and the end with Banner walking away - ah, always the perfect end! My man Bruce Banner!

Oh, and I loved it when Batman said to the Joker:

'... and don't call me Bats.' These two together are always, always a delight! I hope they never make up!
Daniel Kukwa
Today, it seems like a load of old fanwank, with plenty of guest appearances and very little plot (not that my 9 year old self minded one bit). But it's the kind of comic-book-fantasy that simply doesn't happen anymore...especially in a world where DC and Marvel have threatened to disappear down their own mega-mini-series navels. This definitely deserves the term "classic".
Angela
An old fashioned bit of fun. A clever and believable story where Batman meets Banner. It does work surprisingly well, everybody is in character.
Qurat
I might just have a new found love for graphic novels. Good plot, captivating story telling and the joker adds a little something extra. Loved it!
Anbu
Back to childhood.. :).. A very nice entertainment for an hour.. Particularly if you are a Batman fan like me..
Andrew Estrada
Andrew Estrada marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
John Kerry
John Kerry marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
James Hood
James Hood is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2015
Nasim Smallwood
Nasim Smallwood marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Sharon Carlton
Sharon Carlton marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
James Taylor
James Taylor marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
SAIDOU SAVADOGO
SAIDOU SAVADOGO marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Samuel Yeomans
Samuel Yeomans marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Len Wein is an American comic book writer and editor best known for co-creating DC Comics' Swamp Thing and Marvel Comics' Wolverine, and for helping revive the Marvel superhero team the X-Men (including the co-creation of Nightcrawler, Storm, and Colossus). Additionally, he was the editor for writer Alan Moore and illustrator Dave Gibbons' influential DC miniseries Watchmen.

Wein was inducted into
More about Len Wein...

DC Special Series (2 books)
  • DC Holiday Special (DC Special Series #21)
Swamp Thing: Dark Genesis Before Watchmen: Ozymandias/Crimson Corsair Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 (Before Watchmen: Ozymandias, #1) The Untold Legend of the Batman Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill (One-Shot)