Kissing in Italian (Flirting in Italian, #2)

Kissing in Italian (Flirting in Italian #2)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In addition to her studies, Violet loves the arts, the shopping, and the friendships she's found in Italy. But secretly, her main objective is to learn about her true identity and family history. She never imagined she would fall in love with handsome Italian Luca. And he feels the same about her. But there are certain rumors circulating, that if proven to be true will for...more
Published March 11th 2014 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2014)

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  PrinceRequiem by Lauren OliverScarlet by Marissa Meyer
YA & MG Novels of 2013
201st out of 376 books — 691 voters
Discovering Daniel by Nadine ChristianThe Winner's Curse by Marie RutkoskiHalf Bad by Sally  GreenPanic by Lauren OliverThe Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
New YA March 2014
56th out of 71 books — 115 voters

More lists with this book...

Princess Bookie
My Thoughts: I wasn't blown away by the first one but I enjoyed it so I was looking forward to reading this one!

We are back with Violet and her friends. They are still away from home and she is still trying to find out more about who she is and if she’s related to Luca, the boy she wants to be with.

Violet doesn’t really have anyone but her mother to turn to, so she does what she has to. She sends her mom a message asking for the truth.

While she’s waiting, she’s forced to go on with her life a...more
Brianna
I read the first book Flirting in Italian about a year ago and I loved it. It was part of my summer abroad series I was doing for summer reading. It picks up where Flirting left off and Violet is trying to figure out her connection to paintings of the de Vespri family that look hauntingly like her.
I love the setting in Italy and you just feel as if you are there with the girls. You learn some of the locations as well so that's kinda fun. In this book Violet really bonds more with the other girls...more
Library Linsey
Rating: 2.5/ 5

The plot: The follow up to 'Flirting in Italian.' This novel continues Violet's summer journey to shop, sight see, enjoy the arts, and travel around Italy. However, her main mission continues as she seeks to uncover the truth of identity and family history. Throw in the fact that her Italian crush/love interest, Luca, may in fact be her half brother and teen female readers will be compelled to read and learn the truth.

The characters: Honestly, Violet and her friends were a bit supe...more
Jessica
I read the first book Flirting In Italian two summers ago and wasn't all that impressed with the story. I normally love YA books that involve traveling, but the first book revealed nothing about the mystery the main character was trying to solve, and the relationships were too rushed and juvenile. So, I wasn't sure what to expect at all going into this one. I just hoped my questions from the first book would finally be answered!

Violet has fallen in love with Italy now that she's become good fri...more
Lisa
Well we finally find out the truth, how convenient it was BTW. This one didn't wow me, just like the first one. I read some reviews before reading this and lots of people said this was more enjoyable so I got excited. But it wasn't better than book 1.

It was a fast read, and I liked that we saw a different side to the supporting girls. I didn't really like them in book 1 but I liked then in this. I also really liked Evan!

I however did not like that it took the entire book for her parents to reach...more
Erin
Andrea
Wow. This book was kinda twisted in the best possible way. And one that kept me turning the pages to find out if just what was insinuated was true.

I once again loved reading about Italy. I loved reading about all the touristy things and how submersed they were in the culture. Sigh. Totally jealous.

I still really liked the four girls. And one of the little surprises at the end about Paige made me like her even more. There were several little stories that went along with the main plot and I enjoy...more
Breanna
Jul 03, 2013 Breanna marked it as to-read
Shelves: most-anticipated
Does anyone know when this actually comes out? ? ?
Chelsey
The first book in this series did not overly impress me, but I did enjoy it and I love the characters and the few unexpected twists that were thrown in at the end. It has been well over a year since I read the first book, probably closer to two, but I was anxious and excited to start this one. We pick right back up with Violet and her friends. At the end of the last book Violet learns some shocking news that could put an end to her fling with Luca. The news was not what I expected and really put...more
Elvia
I see that there is another book yet in the series but this one is all wrapped up and it was good. There were some character issues. The first book had some more mystery into it where this book was built upon the assumption that Violet was related to Luca. I felt that a lot of the book was stalling until her mother made the trip to Italy. I didn't like it as much as the first book in the series.

Violet is still living the Italian dream and falling even more in love with Luca despite the fact that...more
Tiana411
How soon can I get to Italy? Lauren Henderson has done a superb job of describing the scenery, landscape and Italian culture that has made me want to hop on a plane to see this for myself.

I enjoyed this book immensely. Not only was there a nice romance, but there was a nice story of friendship and camaraderie between girls. Getting over your insecurities and overcoming jealousy. This was a great chick lit!
Lauren did a great job of describing each girl from their strengths to their weaknesses an...more
Emily
In Flirting I was distracted from the original plotline of Violet's parentage with the romance between Violet and Luca but I didn't mind. This time around I was disappointed that Luca wasn't around as much. The ending was a bit abrupt as well. I originally heard this was a trilogy but I could see her ending the series here. Does anyone know if she's still doing the third book?
Jill
AWWWW LUCA AND VIOLET I CAN'T. However, I'm not really sure about what else could possibly happen in the third book. The ending was already great and it seemed final. Idek. haha.
Tricia
Jun 30, 2014 Tricia added it
Light teen drama with a very convenient ending. I mostly enjoyed the descriptions of Italy and the culture there.
Heidi Doreika
Just a fun, light teen read. interesting solution to the problems. didn't see any of them coming! lol
Kim Baccellia

YA Books Central review coming soon.
Natalie
Kissing in Italian was just a fun book. Fluffy, funny, and absolutely irresistible...I devoured it in a few hours. Cute Italian boys, lots of scenes featuring beautiful Italian cities and delicious Italian food, a sweet romance, an intriguing mystery, a charming heroine, and, best of all, a positive representation of female friendship--what's not to like?
Katie Valdez
It was amazing, truly beautiful. Loved every page couldnt be more excited for it, it was released just a day after my bday and indeed it was a gift.
congratulations Lauren the story never let me go away.
Lee
I loved this book but it was too short! I really hope she does the third book because I'm in love with violet and Lucas love. I know they were "forbidden" in this book but I missed Lucas presence.
Natalie
What a wonderful sequel to Flirting in Italian! I was on edge the entire book and it kept throwing new things in through out the book to keep it so interesting. It was just so good!!!
Ms. Yingling
While Flirting in Italian has circulated well, this seems a bit more angsty than my romance loving middle grade readers need. Will probably pass on purchasing.
Kind of a pat ending. Maybe I'm getting too old for this, but I kept wanting to tell Kendra to make better choices.

Muhadesa Ali
i really like the book flirting in italian i want to read the next book
Erin M.
Apr 10, 2013 Erin M. marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-must-reads
Heck yeah am I ready for the mystery to wrap my in its claws and continue.
Crystal
I feel like I have been waiting forever for this sequel! I loved the outcome :)
Amy
more like 2.5
Iman
Iman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Valeen Baile
Valeen Baile marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Kayla Buckley-Warnock
Kayla Buckley-Warnock marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Release date? 1 18 Jun 26, 2012 04:45PM
  • Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . . #2)
  • Wildflower
  • Hung Up
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • Fool Me Twice (If Only . . . #1)
  • The Swift Boys & Me
  • Just Like the Movies
  • The Rules for Breaking (The Rules for Disappearing, #2)
  • Not in the Script (If Only . . . #3)
  • The Prince of Venice Beach
  • Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2)
  • My Faire Lady
  • Road Rash
  • Unravel (Linked, #2)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Boys Like You
  • Summer of Yesterday
  • Magnolia
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...
Girls' Night In Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1) Flirting in Italian (Flirting in Italian #1) Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2) Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)