Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)

Beauty (A Faery Story #3)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  553 ratings  ·  50 reviews
In one horrifying night, Bronwyn Finn lost her family, her kingdom, and the princes who had haunted her dreams for years. Left alone, years pass as she fights for survival and craves revenge against the uncle who took everything from her. But she’s never forgotten her Dark Ones.

A tragedy marred Lach and Shim McIver’s future. The future kings of the Unseelie Fae are obsesse...more
Published June 15th 2012 by Siren Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksTheir Virgin's Secret by Shayla BlackBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie Alleman
Best Menage à Quatre Books
64th out of 211 books — 273 voters
Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
232nd out of 791 books — 1,002 voters

More lists with this book...

Mrs. Missive
I am woman. Watch me kick a lot of ass and bed two uber hot vampire princes. This book is the building battle cry of a strong woman, and her claim on control of her life where she had none before.

Epic. There is no better way to describe this book. Janet Evanovich tried to tie a Contemporary tale with a PNR world and, in my opinion, failed. Ms. Evanovich, take notes, because Sophie Oak could teach you a thing or two about how to blend worlds. We got touches of all of our characters from my favori...more
Karen
The first two books were great now the last I wish there were more than three in this series..
I emailed the author and she said the story is ended but she has been kicking around the idea of another book with more characters and What happened to Gilly? she ran away at the end of the book with Roan a vamp after her to bond promised by her father... she is the UNSEELIE PRINCESS and if you ask me that is a book... So.... EVERY BODY WRITE Sohie Oaks and ask her form one more book with/gilly and her...more
CaroleDee
If you haven't found Sophie Oak yet, you have no idea what your missing! Her ability to blend BDSM elements with absolute heart melting romance is nothing less than magical. With her Faery series she takes those elements to a whole new plane. Literally!

In Beauty, the third (and possibly the last book in the Faery series, although I have my doubts, :) we finally get a look into the darker side of things. If you're familiar with Faery lore then you know I'm talking about the Unseelie plane. Lach a...more
Chloe
This is the perfect end to a wonderful story.

The final book of the Faery Story series does not disappoint. Beauty, A Faery Story, completes the story that started in the first book. The time has come from Beck and Cian Finn to take back their throne. Little do they know, their sister Bronwyn is alive and has been hiding on Tir na nÓg since its fall to Torin. She is ready to work from the inside to oust her evil uncle.

The renegade Seelie kings turn to the Unseelie for help. The Unseelie princes,...more
Guilty Pleasures
Shadow's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

For anyone who loves the paranormal, this is the perfect Halloween read. The heroine, Bronwyn, is a lost princess, who is also a powerful conduit. Her heroes, Lach and Shim, are a necromancer and fire thrower, respectively. We also have vampires, werewolves, gnomes, brownies, and a phooka, along with mention of ogres, trolls, demons, and more.

Bronwyn has been bonded to Lach and Shim since childhood, but always felt they were somethi...more
Fairyblood
Everyone thought Bronwyn, the Seelie Princess, died thirteen years ago when her Uncle Torin killed her father, the King. Little did anyone know that she was brought back and still living on the Seelie plane. Making a life as a peasant, her only joy coming from her Dark Ones who came to her in her dreams.

Lachlan and Shim were the Prices of the Unseelies, symbiotic twins. No one believed them when they said that they found their bondmate and that they had only seen her in their dreams. Believing t...more
Heather in FL
This was a great end to the series. I liked that Bronwyn sort of came into her own, even after her Dark Ones found her in real life. I also liked that the boys came to grips with their power. Of course there was sexing going on... this is Sophie Oak after all... but I honestly felt like the sex took a back seat to the story this time. Besides dream sequences that ended before culmination of anything, it didn't even happen until more than halfway through. While I ultimately enjoyed this story, th...more
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
I am a HUGE fan of Sophie Oak!! This series is one of my favorites and Beauty is a great addition. It pulled me right in and entertained me to the end. I loved the characters and the relationship between Shim, Lach, and Bronwyn. I also loved how Sophie wove into the story characters from her other books. This is truly a great read and although this series is different from her usual books, I loved it just the same and will be sorry to see it end. I also thought she did a great job wrapping up th...more
Mukadis
Beauty
This was the perfect end to an amazing story !
This is the final instalment of the Feary story, and it was one hell of a ride! All the characters return to make this an epic ending. The series started of with Beck and Cain losing their parents and sister, and them having to start their lives on the refugee plane. Unable to come back home to their Seelie plane. The series ended with them finally claiming their rightful place on the throne along with their bond-mate Meg, and finally finding...more
Ambrosia
Excellent conclusion to the story. You need to read the other books to fully appreciate this story, but it is a balance of erotica with an actual fantasy story. The fantasy plot is not as developed or rich as a straight fantasy novel, but it is well done with good characterizations.
dumbells
Not sure what happened here, i really liked the first two stories. This one just seemed to drag on and on, repeating all the same insecurities and issues from the previous two books. And the heroine was a big drag. She was all "oh, whoeth me, why is it me, why has faith forsaken me..." Just a big blah, and the guys just ran around airing their doubts and trying to make things right by imposing their righteous know-how.
I was letting by mind drift by the time things started heating up and lost in...more
Oleta Blaylock
Holy cow!!!! This was a great story. I loved how the story came together. I cheered Lachland and Shim finding a way to Bronwyn's plane so they could claim her and bond them all together. This story has all that you could want. Evil nasty villain, yes more than one, heroes that you will want to spank you, lots of action and the loss of a loved one. So keep the tissues handy because there are parts that will have you reaching for them. It was interesting to get a look at Torin and what drives his...more
Kazza
Another terrific read from Sophie Oak. I'm not into Fae, at all, but I enjoyed this series because of the fun, the symbiotic twins (books 1 & 3) and their relatives and friends; but especially for the kick-arse women. This was the best book of the series for me.

This book brings A Faery Story full circle - there is closure for Meg, who came from the Earth Plane and ended up as the consort of exiled Kings-in-waiting of the Seelie, Cian and Beck Finn. Also, for the despot, Torin, who plotted an...more
Bukcrz
Ah, what a lovely finish for a great series.
The dead/lost princess is alive afterall (hey it's a magical world - anything can happen), the dark/unseelie symbiotic princes are saved from fading and the seellie throne is reverted to its rightful ruler and the whole kingdom is free from a tyrant.
Princess Bronwyn died in the arms of her brother, Prince Cian but she was brought back to life by the power of her bond mates, the dark/unseelie Prince Lachlan and Prince Shim and survived the tyrant usurpe...more
Shelly
Review posted at Red Hot Books

I can't tell you how many times I put off reading this book for the simple reason that I didn't want the series to end. But alas, I grew some you know what and took the plunge. Oh my, my, it was totally worth it.

Beauty picks up right after we left Dante and Kaja from Beast. This story is about Bronwyn (how cool is that name huh) and her Dark Ones (Lachlan and Shim). Bronwyn, the sister of Beck and Cian (Bound - Book 1) is alive and living the life of the working cla...more
Malinda
5 stars

I loved this story and the whole series! Bronwyn, Lach and Shim are a great 3-some. I loved romance and how they got together after being separated for so long. This book was a great conclusion to the series, wrapping up the continuing storyline of the series that decides the fate of the Beck and Cian (from book #1 Bound) and the Seelie throne.

Bronwyn is the princess of the Seelie line. When her Uncle killed her parents and seized power, everyone thought she was dead and she lived by pos...more
Stacy {Texas Reader}
This is the first Sophie Oak book I had to force myself to finish. I, for whatever reason, couldn't attach to these characters. I loved the first book with Beck and Cian, didn't really care for the second book with Dante and Kaja, but my drive to see how the series would end kept me going. But I skimmed, and fast forwarded (kindle) to the end. I can't put my finger on a precise thing that I didn't like. I just didn't like the dragging of the story and Lach and Shim were not characters I was attr...more
Linda
The third and final installment in the Faery Story series.
Bronwyn was thought to have died the night of her uncle´s overthrow. With both her parents dead, and with a mortal wound, Gillian saved her and managed to sneak her out of the castle.
Unable to take get back to Gillian´s own plane, the Unseelie Court, they hid in a quiet village, waiting for a chance to run.
Shim and Lach, the Unseelie princes, had a bond to Bronwyn since a young age and bonded even if no one believes in it. Now the time...more
Amy Clark
I loved the conclusion to this trilogy.
Samiya Yesmin
loved it :)
absolutely worth reading

When Texas& Bliss ended i was sad, no other book compared! no other book had so many characters that are so unique, so memorable that it'll leave you wanting more.
Sophie's Bliss & Texas series were amazing, and i kept wondering how will she top that?!
WELL, SHE DID!! :)
these three faery books are my new favourites!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!! ^_^

if you want to get away from the cruel harsh reality that is our world now, Sophie Oak's books are what you need *glee...more
starsaga
DNF, 40% of the book and the h and H are still only dreaming of each other!
Boring and confusing book. I cannot even imagine how this book was written by the same writer who wrote Beast in the same series. What an awful book, there were too many characters, too many plots, too much confusion between the Bliss plot-line and this one, too many planes of existence to bother with and worst of all, the erotica is only in the minds of the characters. I give up, this is really bad.
Angarad
Happily ever after!! Well, it wasn´t easy to get there but finally, we get there.
Bron is not the typical princess and she is better this way. I would have love to see her fight more but she already did a lot.
Lach and Shim are not what I expected from 2 Unseelies princes. Much more sensitive and insecure. I liked how they evolved and how they´ve always been waiting for Bron,staying true and faithful.

A beautiful ending to this epic, sexy and still romantic serie.
Oceans
This is a fairy tale for adult. It's a perfect ending to a great series. There is closure and HEA for everybody. I liked that they all united against the great evil. But let's not forget all the hot sex and love and ménage and some D/s. It was fun and lovely plot. The characters were struggling but they were real, I could just picture them all and I loved that we got to see all of them from previous books.
April
Awesome does not even begin to describe this book!!!! I adore all the references to the earth plane and the connection to the other series! I really hope Gillian, Simon and Harry gave a book either here or in Bliss or Sirens!

Everything Sophie writes I love...my only complaint is that I have to wait for the next book! Patience is not my virtue when it comes to reading!!!!
Paws
I finished this a couple days ago and wasn't thrilled with it. I liked the end of the trilogy. The three main characters were constantly talking about this "bond" they have, but it seemed to only be there because the author said it was. Slow first half, some good sex scenes, great peripheral characters. But lackluster chemistry for me, maybe I was missing something....
April
Awesome does not even begin to describe this book!!!! I adore all the references to the earth plane and the connection to the other series! I really hope Gillian, Simon and Harry have a book either here or in Bliss or Sirens!

Krista ~Fhatal Attrhaction~
I really like it I love all my Sophie oak books because she is simply amazing:)

But I thought it was drug out a little and I was ready for this big battle and it seemed like it ended as fast as it began! Still an amazing story and still love it! But what happened to Gilly!!??
Joanne ❤
Okay. I expected something better.

Most of the book I wanted to punch Lach. He was being so freaking protective & inconsiderate of Bron, I wanted to scream. I liked Shim like I liked Cian better.. Lach really did freak me out a little! Sigh.. first book was my favourite.
Bonnie
I don't normally read Fae stories, but I got sucked into this series because I like Sophie Oak so much. I have loved this series, and loved how this one ended. Believe it or not, if you've read other books by Sophie, you will recognize some familiar names in Beauty. :)
  • Her Double Delite Warriors  (The Sinful 7 of Delite, Texas, #3)
  • Divine Phoenix (Divine Creek Ranch #10)
  • Caught by Menace (Grabbed, #2)
  • Appassionato (Dream Marked #1)
  • Leah's Irish Heroes (Slick Rock #4)
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
  • Claiming Her Geeks
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Storm Warning (Triple Trouble, #2)
A lifetime devotee to the written word, Sophie published her first novel this year. Prior to becoming a novelist, she worked in theater and comic books. She lives in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband and three precocious children, who wonder when mom is going to write a book they will be allowed to read. Her answer: probably never. Sophie believes in happy endings for everyone, no matter how extr...more
More about Sophie Oak...
Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1) Small Town Siren (Texas Sirens, #1) Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2) Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2) Lost in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #4)