Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair

Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair teaches you how to repair your bike with minimal investment in specialized tools. Written for the do-it-yourselfer, not the professional mechanic, each repair includes step-by-step instructions and photo sequences, making the book an accessible and essential resource for any cyclist.
Paperback, 1st, 207 pages
Published June 2012 by Human Kinetics

To ask other readers questions about Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essential Bicycle Maintenance & Repair

Venessa
I really like Human Kinetics books, which I had the opportunity to browse frequently when working for a book vendor. All of their publications, including this one, feature clear description and photography and helpful glossaries. I loved the last chapter of Essential Bicycle Maintenance and Repair, "Achieving the Perfect Fit," which goes step by step through methods individuals should take when choosing their next bicycle, an essential step which often gets overlooked.

Although the introduction t...more
Sue
I'm a very casual and inexperienced rider but this book is great--the repairs look easy to follow and I'm pretty confident I can fix a flat, fix a dropped chain, or adjust my derailleur if/when the time comes! I understand there's a new app coming out with a lot of these repairs on it--you can be sure it will be on my phone and on my next ride.
Linda
Jun 02, 2013 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone (jaded pros might find it boring)
Recommended to Linda by: Goodreads giveaway
A 4.95 for this book, which I won from the author through the Goodreads' giveaway program.
I always explain that a 4 usually means "I'd love to read it again if I had the time" and 5 means "I'll definitely be reading it again." Obviously, I'll be reading it again--I'm a regular rider (though not a racer, and not what you would call "hard-core"--I've never done a century, for example). I've got both a road bike (on old but good Euro racing frame) and a hybrid.

This books surpasses what the title pr...more
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Volmarr
Volmarr marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Michelle Amato
Michelle Amato is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2014
Michael Grimes
Michael Grimes marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Stuart
Stuart added it
Nov 20, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Delaney Michaels
Delaney Michaels marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Reynaldo De
Reynaldo De is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2013
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Aryuth Yingkwancharoen
Aryuth Yingkwancharoen marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Loius
Loius marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Kane Summers
Kane Summers marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Anton Jefferson
Anton Jefferson marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Vibhor Kaushik
Vibhor Kaushik marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Amitydawn
Amitydawn marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Laure "Voop"
Laure "Voop" marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012
Debbie Thompson
Debbie Thompson marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012