The Siren's Song (Romancing the Pirate, #3)

The Siren's Song (Romancing the Pirate #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Gilly is fleeing from the man who murdered her lover. When her boat goes down and she's rescued by a pirate crew, she may have found herself in more trouble than she bargained for. The Captain, Thayer Drake, is fascinated by Gilly and can't help but try to protect her even though he suspects she is keeping too many secrets. When she is kidnapped and given into the custody...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 14th 2012 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Siren's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Siren's Song

Ruth
Ah, I'm a total sucker for these pirate romances. It's pathetic really, but I just can't seem to help myself.

This one, provided by netgalley, was a follow-on from A Kiss in the Wind, which apart from having a title which makes me giggle like a pre-pubescent boy, is a damned fine pirate tale. Interestingly, you really don't have to read the preceding book at all (there is also a first in the series, which I haven't gotten to yet called Blood and Treasure). You know, sometimes the main protagonist...more
Lupdilup Duffy
Jul 24, 2012 Lupdilup Duffy marked it as to-read
Audiobook-Listening
Judy
The Siren's Song by Jennifer Bray-Weber
Romancing the Pirate Book 3
Welcome to adventure and romance on the high seas. Captain Thayer Drake “helps” those who have become stranded as their ships run a muck or whatever bad luck befalls them. He is kind enough to not only take them aboard but their cargo as well...after he gives them the choice of giving up the cargo or returning to the sea of course. On one such adventure they rescue all the men just to find a lone woman left out on the ship in the...more
Gaby
Posted at Oh My Books!

More pirates!

A few weeks ago I read A Kiss in the Wind by the same author, and really liked it. The Siren's Song is the third book from the same series, but it isn't necessary to read the other books to enjoy this one.

Gilly is running from the man who murdered her lover, and against all odds, she's saved by Captain Thayer Drake. What I liked more about her is that she isn't the perfect female protagonist, she has some serious issues and lots of secrets, and knows nothing ab...more
Paris
I am a fan of pirates, I love pirate movies, I love seeing the pirates every year for Seafair, but even though I have always liked pirates I realized when I started this book that I’ve never read a pirate book. The Siren’s Song was everything I expected a pirate book to be. Captain Thayer Drake has his issues, is tall, dark and handsome and loves his rum. His crew is perfectly piratey, gruff, but with a rarely seen tender side and I would love to learn more about Drake’s first mate Valeryn.

I hav...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Gilly is on the run from the man who murdered her lover. To get away, she hides aboard a ship. Her escape plan might have worked if the vessel hadn't crashed into a reef. Thankfully, the dashing pirate Thayer Drake saves her before she can drown.

Drake is hard man... a true pirate. He thinks nothing of grounding other ships to rob them of their cargo. He looks out for Number One and he's good at it. So when Gilly comes aboard, he tells her she must earn her keep by entertaining him. Fortunately,...more
Dalene
I was able to snag this book from Netgalley shortly after finishing book two in Romancing the Pirate series. I again enjoyed this historical romance setting of pirates. This author is amazing with weaving the females into such a known male area and time period. Gilly (Gillian) was such a great character who didn’t really understand or know all the trouble she was in. She was a strong female. Thayer, the ship's captain, was also strong, who tried to be really tough with Gilly, but did find he had...more
Rhonda
4 STARS
Gilly McCoy was broke and was stowing away on a ship that is now sinking. She bribed a sailor for passage and he locked her up in the dark. Luckly she got up to the deck before she got stuck.
Captain Thayer Drake and his men saw her and rescued her. Thayer and his pirates were mad at the Captain Mott for not helping her in one of the life boats.
Both boats crew were mad at Abel for sneaking her on the ship and leaving her locked up on sinking ship and lying to his captain. Abel got caned.
So...more
Farrah
This review also appears on my blog at http://thegoldenruleof666.blogspot.com

The Siren's Song is a high stakes pirate romance featuring an unlikely hero and an unconventional heroine. I loved every minute of this fast paced gem of a book.

First off, the premise is unique and fascinating. Say goodbye to high society and hello to cursing, unrefined, yet somehow lovable pirates. The combination of a woman running away from her lover's murderer and pirate rivalry provide a delightful mix of double hi...more
Melissa Mason
Gillian McCoy, a tavern singer, is a woman on the run. She stows away on a ship only to find out that it is going down. Captain Thayer Drake comes to her rescue and you can see the sparks between them instantly.

Drake is the captain of the Rissa, a scavenger ship that helps relieve sinking/stranded ships of their cargo. His crew is a fierce and loyal bunch that I grew to enjoy as the book went on.

There are a few steamy scenes scattered around the book. Though not as many as one would hope. You fe...more
LutaWolf
I liked this book and I maintain my stand that the author is every bit as good as Lynsay Sands. I loved her pirate series and I can see that being true for this series as well but the previous book was better. We still have a bunch of what I loved from the other book into this one though so it shouldn’t be counted out.

Amazing three dimensional characters who are not only charming and interesting but imperfect as well. There was more of a vulnerability to these characters than the ones prior and...more
Fiona Druce
This was a very sweet book. The characters are enjoyable and the situations exciting. Perhaps the most awesome bit of the book, however, is the banter. The author has a way with dialogue! Furthermore- while I’m no expert at speaking “Pirate”- the author seems to have taken a good deal of time really working on the accuracy of her verbiage. The fight scenes were realistic, as well, which really added to the excitement.

While it’s not one of my favorites, I certainly did enjoy the book. The heroine...more
Vox
When last we left the Rissa, Blade and Marisol discovered true love together, after some furious headboard rockin' both on the ship and in a cave. Now owned by Thayer Drake, the Rissa continues to be a pirate ship of sorts, although the crew calls themselves salvagers, not scavengers.

During a dark and stormy night, Gilly McCoy clings to a broken mast on the Rowena, which has crashed aground near the Rissa. Thayer rescues her, and then, in some fashion, she rescues him. Gilly is a songstress on t
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
I was a little disappointed in this book. I'd previously enjoyed most parts of the first book in the series, A Kiss in the Wind. It had drama, action and adventure, and a really great heroine full of grit and tenacity. I just had a teensy little issue with the male lead character being a total womaniser with a predilection for using burning hot wax in his love play....indeed.

So, I figured that was likely just a one-off occurrence, and that I'd have better luck this time. Well, there was no wax i...more
Emmy
The Siren’s Song is the story of Gillian “Gilly” McCoy. It all starts when she gets shipwrecked and abandoned. Enter Thayer Drake, Captain of the Rissa, who saves the men from the sinking ship Rowena during a storm. Safely back on his ship, he spots her barely hanging on the damages vessel. It becomes clear she was a stowaway when the crew of the Rowena are questioned and don’t know who she is.

Soon we find out what Gilly is running from. She has personal demons and won’t be pushed around by Capt...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

I liked this book. I loved her pirate series and I can see that being true for this series as well but the previous book was better. There were amazing three-dimensional characters that are not only charming and interesting but imperfect as well. There was more of a vulnerability to these characters than the ones prior and that’s difference that I really enjoyed.

Again, we have over three hundred pages! Can’t even begin to explain the joys of having somethi...more
Amyra
Un libro simpatico ma che ho fatto fatica a leggere, un po' a causa del linguaggio "piratesco" che facevo fatica a capire e quindi mi ha i molto diminuito il piacere della lettura... inoltre credo di essermi persa qualcosa per strada non avendo letto i libri precedenti.
Tutto sommato non male, almeno una serie "diversa".
Si ringrazia NetGalley per la gentile preview!

Voto: 3 stelle
Linda
Gilly is hiding from the men who murdered her love, Hyde. Now she´s stowed away on a ship bound for wreckage. Saved by a pirate, what is she to do to survive?
More pirate-fluff than romantic, *arrrr* =) Could be that i´m not used to reading "old pirate english" idk.
Rakes of Romance
Rakes of Romance marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Barbara Xedos
Barbara Xedos marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Rachel T
Rachel T marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Brianne Lombardi
Brianne Lombardi marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Yolande Bird
Yolande Bird is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award-winning author Jennifer Bray-Weber is a proud native Texan. She is a married domestic goddess and a stay-at-home mom to two beautiful daughters. Holding two degrees, one is Music and Video Business, the other in Liberal Arts, she has been able to express her creative thinking through a multitude of experiences.

Her interests include writing, reading, traveling (what she likes to call "researc...more
More about Jennifer Bray-Weber...
Blood and Treasure (Romancing the Pirate, #1) A Kiss in the Wind (Romancing the Pirate, #2) Beneath The Water's Edge (Romancing the Pirate, #2.5) Mutiny of the Heart (Romancing the Pirate, #4) Bring Me the Horizon (Romancing the Pirate, prequel)